Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

MMQ: King on 'Skins

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-10-2005, 05:19 PM   #1
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

MMQ: King on 'Skins

EVEN THE REDKINS FANS IN SCOTLAND ARE SCRATCHING THEIR HEADS. From Adam Bloch of Edinburgh, Scotland: "I completely agree that the Redskins were insane to trade a boatful of draft picks just to select Jason Campbell, even if he turns out to be pretty good. But what do you think about Washington's other moves this offseason? What about the Laveranues Coles-Santana Moss trade and the signing of Chris Samuels?''

Coles, if his foot is healthy enough to allow him to be the real Coles, is a better player than Moss. But Coles was going to be a headache and a non-team guy for Joe Gibbs, so the trade is OK by me. If you can't along with Gibbs while catching five balls a game, there's something wrong with you, not Gibbs. I like Samuels when he's healthy, but I don't know if he can stay on the field for the term of his contract. If he doesn't, he could turn out to be an anchor on Washington's salary cap. But the team was painted into a corner by his big rookie contract, and there was really not much teh Redskins could do if they wanted to hang onto him for the next two or three years, which they definitely wanted to do.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: MMQ: King on 'Skins

Nice point by him regarding Coles.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 06:15 PM   #3
giacomo2
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Nice point by him regarding Coles.
the thing that will really bother me is if coles would get his foot worked on in the off season. we should of demanded he get it taken care of....another thing we did wrong. and as for the trade for a higher pick....has to be one of the worst things the skins have done...but i could be wrong, it's hard to keep up with all the terrible things this organization does.but, like the true fans(we all are) i'll always be a skins fan......through thick and thin!!!! HTTR!!!!
giacomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:07 PM   #4
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by giacomo2
the thing that will really bother me is if coles would get his foot worked on in the off season. we should of demanded he get it taken care of....another thing we did wrong. and as for the trade for a higher pick....has to be one of the worst things the skins have done...but i could be wrong, it's hard to keep up with all the terrible things this organization does.but, like the true fans(we all are) i'll always be a skins fan......through thick and thin!!!! HTTR!!!!
yeah but i doubt he will get his foot fixed. he feels that his career could be ended, i mean i don't wanna blame him for that. If it is like all or nothing it must be a scary thing to put your career in harms way. If for any reason he does get it fixed i will be rediculously angry.
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:18 PM   #5
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
yeah but i doubt he will get his foot fixed. he feels that his career could be ended, i mean i don't wanna blame him for that. If it is like all or nothing it must be a scary thing to put your career in harms way. If for any reason he does get it fixed i will be rediculously angry.
He flat out refused to get surgery on it. Gibbs pushed him to get it, but ultimately it is a decision that the player makes, and Coles didn't like the possibility of the surgery ending his career.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:50 AM   #6
aprius
Camp Scrub

Coles may end his career without the surgery too.
He might never be a go-to guy again.
That Coles-Moss deal may end up being a great steal for us.
Maybe this time it is the Jets that get burned.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:53 AM   #7
dieselhog
Special Teams

Can we burn anyone with Cerato so heavily involved in the FO?

:frusty:
dieselhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:59 PM   #8
monk81
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprius
Coles may end his career without the surgery too.
He might never be a go-to guy again.
That Coles-Moss deal may end up being a great steal for us.
Maybe this time it is the Jets that get burned.
Welcome Aprius.......good point.......not having the surgery could also end his career...................
Old 05-11-2005, 06:00 AM   #9
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

you know a lot of people might think im crazy for saying this, but i think if fredex came to washington it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea. we could get him for the league minimum, since he's not worth a lot to other teams. plus, because of all the times he said something when he shouldn't have, it might make him humble if he gets a second chance. he might learn to keep his mouth shut. or they could put specific writing in his contract saying he can't talk to the media.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:50 AM   #10
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
you know a lot of people might think im crazy for saying this, but i think if fredex came to washington it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea. we could get him for the league minimum, since he's not worth a lot to other teams. plus, because of all the times he said something when he shouldn't have, it might make him humble if he gets a second chance. he might learn to keep his mouth shut. or they could put specific writing in his contract saying he can't talk to the media.
Yes, you are crazy.

Why would we want a loud mouth like him who calls out his own teammates and unnecessarily stirs the pot in the media?

He's not going to all of a sudden learn how to close his trap, fall in line and be a team guy. Besides, he's just not that talented of a WR, he's not overly fast, doesn't have size, he's just another ho-hum average WR.

He's a waste of time, let him be someone else's headache.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:38 AM   #11
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
Gardners numbers are alot better. Why would we let him go and pick up a receiver that has less talent and runs his mouth all of the time.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:34 AM   #12
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

He's still a shitty receiver. No amount of contract stipulations can remedy that.

"By signing this contract, you furthermore agree to stop being shitty."
Old 05-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #13
PFunk26
Special Teams

I love my hands ha ha what a weinie
PFunk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:59 PM   #14
dirtbag2112
Special Teams

Anyone see the Fridge in that cake eating contest on ESPN? Point is I'll take Fridge now (all 500 lbs.) instead of Mitchell.
dirtbag2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:32 AM   #15
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbag2112
Anyone see the Fridge in that cake eating contest on ESPN? Point is I'll take Fridge now (all 500 lbs.) instead of Mitchell.
I can't believe the Fridge finished in last place! How does he not do better in an eating contest?