Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Going to games this year ?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-14-2018, 03:27 AM   #1
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Going to games this year ?

I know a lot of you aren't fans of going to FedEx Field, but I figured going to a Redskins game could be a nice occasion for members of this board to actually meet !

(To be honest, the reason I asked about FedEx field in the OS thread is I was planning to buy a season ticket, sell 7 games, go to one for "free" and expect we get a home playoff game or two... But at the last minute they told me they didn't want to sell outside the country... to avoid resale)

Long story short, I'm going to the week 14 Giants @ Skins game, wondered if any one of you guys would go? It'd be fun to have a beer before/at/after the game !

So I thought this could be the thread people say the games they're going to, and post their seats locations so Warpath members can enjoy games together !

Advertisements
Old 06-14-2018, 04:41 AM   #2
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Going to games this year ?

Ok, I thought I'd wait to buy it buy I couldn't... took my ticket for week 14 game is section 109 row 12 seat 3, that's right next to the Redskins tunnel! There's a seat available right next to this one if anyone's willing to share the fun!
Old 06-14-2018, 08:30 AM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Eh I may and its a big maybe , go to a road game, like I said I wont go back to Fedex. I've gone to a game 5 straight years now, and it was the worst experience by far. @NYG would be the game I would go too if I do this yr.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:47 AM   #4
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Nope. No way. I went Thanksgiving and I'm done with that place for good. What a terrible stadium. Plus there are just too many drunk assholes that don't know how to act. Never again!
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Nope. No way. I went Thanksgiving and I'm done with that place for good. What a terrible stadium. Plus there are just too many drunk assholes that don't know how to act. Never again!
And that was a game they won, I went to a game we lost against Dallas. Like I said before, Jerry knows how to have a great stadium. Best by far
Old 06-14-2018, 11:29 AM   #6
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Punch and Schneed need to get tickets together.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:39 AM   #7
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
From what I understood, the location, getting and leaving from there and bad view when seated far from the field are the 3 main negatives of going to FedEx Field.

So I booked a really good seat and thought I could deal with what can be bothering if you go several times.

For a one time experiment, I don't mind the traffic and everything. I saw some pretty nice recent fans phones shot footages from inside the staidum, and felt this would still be quite an experience.

Week 14 division game, could have some serious playoffs implications, honestly... I'm pumped!

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #8
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
From what I understood, the location, getting and leaving from there and bad view when seated far from the field are the 3 main negatives of going to FedEx Field.

So I booked a really good seat and thought I could deal with what can be bothering if you go several times.

For a one time experiment, I don't mind the traffic and everything. I saw some pretty nice recent fans phones shot footages from inside the staidum, and felt this would still be quite an experience.

Week 14 division game, could have some serious playoffs implications, honestly... I'm pumped!

Honestly the traffic is no worse than any other stadium AS LONG AS YOU PLAN ON GETTING THERE A LITTLE EARLY. I wish i could tell you exactly where the lot I used to park in was - was than like a quick five minute walk into the main parking lot. Always got right in and right out but its been a few years since I ventured down there for a game. Not sure what you mean by location being bad? Wasn’t in a crummy neighborhood or anything. As far as the big picture and attracting the locals maybe it isn’t ideal but if you are just going for a game it isn’t a big deal. Also i use to sit up in the nose bleeds. Section 454. Totally fine view. The stadium isn’t a thing of beauty and probably could be in a better location as far as locals being able to fill it up, but of the 10-12 games I ventured down to between 05 and ‘11 we always cruised right in and right out. Always had a great time. Never could not see the action. Enjoy!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #9
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Here is section 454, a view of the team coming onto the field, and me and my brother who ran into the chief.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:24 AM   #10
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Also winning makes a HUGE difference, if we are going into that game at 8-5 or so then the atmosphere will be much better .
Old 06-15-2018, 10:27 AM   #11
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Also winning makes a HUGE difference, if we are going into that game at 8-5 or so then the atmosphere will be much better .

Correct. Lol. The pics i posted were from our biggest home victory against the cowboys in history and it was a must win for a playoff birth.
Place was absolutely rocking. Parcells said after the game that in all his years he never felt more intimidated than before that game. The WE WANT DALLAS chant still gives me goosebumps.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:13 AM   #12
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Correct. Lol. The pics i posted were from our biggest home victory against the cowboys in history and it was a must win for a playoff birth.
Place was absolutely rocking. Parcells said after the game that in all his years he never felt more intimidated than before that game. The WE WANT DALLAS chant still gives me goosebumps.
Was that the 35-7 game? Cooley 3 Tds right?
Old 06-15-2018, 12:16 PM   #13
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post

Here is section 454, a view of the team coming onto the field, and me and my brother who ran into the chief.
That is just great! ! Thank you for your posts, it confirms what I thought: I'm crossing the ocean to see a game, so obviously I'm getting there wayyyy before kickoff time and won't be bothered by traffic... and it's not like I'll have to get home early to put the kids to bed after the game either!!!

Old 06-15-2018, 12:19 PM   #14
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Was that the 35-7 game? Cooley 3 Tds right?

Yup my first home game ever. Went back a bunch of times, Sean Taylor tribute was awesome but Gibbs called the two timeouts in a row and knocked us out of fg range - terrible game. Saw a bunch of other terrible games. Lol. As a matter of fact I dont think i ever saw a win again - nothing like that Dallas slaughter anyway.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:21 PM   #15
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
That is just great! ! Thank you for your posts, it confirms what I thought: I'm crossing the ocean to see a game, so obviously I'm getting there wayyyy before kickoff time and won't be bothered by traffic... and it's not like I'll have to get home early to put the kids to bed after the game either!!!

Perfect. Lol. Enjoy and if you have never been to DC, or the inner harbor - absolutely fantastic places. So much to do and see. Hope the Skins win big to make your trip extra special. HTTR!