rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #197
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Re: Redskins Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanatic View Post
James Smith-Williams, DE. C'mon. All I wanted was Moss. Was that really too much to ask late in the 7th?

I just read something about converting Antonio Gandy-Golden to TE. He has size (needs to add some weight) and speed to play TE.

Maybe that's why they passed on all the TE's in this draft.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:02 PM   #198
vallin21
The Starter

Hunter Bryant was there. I don’t get it. We still need a TE.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:08 PM   #199
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
I just read something about converting Antonio Gandy-Golden to TE. He has size (needs to add some weight) and speed to play TE.

Maybe that's why they passed on all the TE's in this draft.
Last week IIRC Cooley was saying that Harmon was a better blocker than any of their tight ends last year, so perhaps he is a consideration for TE, as well.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:13 PM   #200
Number44
Special Teams

Gotta say I don't get that last pick at all. Not worth getting upset about a 7th round pick, but with CY, Sweat, and Kerrigan, it is hard to see the thinking behind the pick. Reading his profile, it didn't really look like a player you would expect to get drafted. Wonder what I'm missing.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:28 PM   #201
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
He knows how to solve rubik's cubes and has bowled a 300. He's gonna be nice. We needed another WR. Need a big redzone target too.
You know what would be really impressive? If he single-handedly solved a rubik's cube while making a one-handed catch with the other hand in the corner of the end zone while tippy-toeing both feet inbounds.

All jokes aside he has potential, which is all I ask for in the later rounds of the draft.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:10 PM   #202
rocnrik
Playmaker

Speaking of TE .. didn’t Reed struggle with blocking ? I can’t remember but either he or Davis didn’t block well .. with that being said why can’t a bigger WR move to TE and have success?
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:53 PM   #203
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Not really related to anything but I thought this was a good read on Ron Rivera that was written up during the Panther's SB run.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-shaped-rivera
Old 04-25-2020, 07:56 PM   #204
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Per NFLN Thad Moss has signed with the Redskins!! GREAT MOVE!!
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:02 PM   #205
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Speaking of TE .. didn’t Reed struggle with blocking ? I can’t remember but either he or Davis didn’t block well .. with that being said why can’t a bigger WR move to TE and have success?
I imagine playing in on the line vs outside is a huge difference. TE need to block, know hand fitting, read overloads and disguised blitzes .... I imagine it's easier for a light OL to become a TE vs a WR

But an athlete properly coached can do anything so it's always possible

I just want a 3 down TE that can block and move the chains. I don't need a bust the seam TE. Blocking, finding the soft spot and making 6 yards catches on 3rd and 5 is what I want.
Old 04-25-2020, 11:27 PM   #206
Warthog
The Starter

Re: 2020 Redskins Draft Thread

My big question that started in FA and now went into the draft: who is going to replace Reed and Davis at TE? Who are they bringing in to try to raise up our TE’s group this year? They’ve added a bunch of unknown or mediocre TE’s but no one that appears to be a star or even an average TE’s in the NFL.

The other thing about having a bunch of nobodies at TE is that Rivera seems not to care. Cleveland got the best TE in FA, Hooper, because RR thought he was too expensive by a mill per year. Of course, he was willing to throw a couple extra mill per year for Amari Cooper over what Dallas paid. So we didn’t get anyone memorable in FA at TE.

Unfortunately, the TE group in the draft was thin, but the best TE left in the draft, Trautman, (Kmet was gone) was available with our #66 pick. We didn’t take him. My sense is that Rivera realizes he can’t fix everything in one season. Rivera and Kyle went with a WR at #66. Clearly the plan is to make our WR’s competitive and even with benign neglect with our TE, maybe some TE will surprise us and do well?

Another area of concern is the OL, but not as bad as the TE issues. Having a weak TE group will hurt the offense but I still think one or two TE will rise up this season. Our WR will carry this offense and we’ll also have a good ground game with Guice, AP and Love.

But Chase Young and Del Rio will help make this an outstanding DL and we’ll see the defense really surprise teams with its significant improvement. Chase will draw a lot of attention while Sweat will hit them from the other side. In the end, adding a potential superstar is the biggest event in the 2020. But, I also see MacLaurin continuing to rise up and having a stellar year. I boldly predict Haskins will also have a very god up year. We may have some holes in our team, but we have added some really good players in the last few drafts also.

As always in the TC, I’m looking for my favorite breakout rookie or second-year player who was hurt last year but wants to start. Hail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:39 PM   #207
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Charles only gave up 2 sacks all year 20 pressures.

In the SEC? That's solid. I like his potential