Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2021, 11:08 PM   #46
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,257
Re: WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah but you can't change the culture in 1.5 yrs.. Plus at the end of the day Dan could fire Ron tomorrow if he wanted. He's still in charge no matter what we want to believe
I think you can cure culture with a winning season. I don't ever hear the teams that are consistent winners talk about culture. Win a playoff game or two. Then all of the stuff that the media pounces on goes away, it's forgotten. If we were having winning seasons and competing for championships no one would really care about the stuff w/ the cheerleaders.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-19-2021, 11:16 PM   #47
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,932
Re: WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think you can cure culture with a winning season. I don't ever hear the teams that are consistent winners talk about culture. Win a playoff game or two. Then all of the stuff that the media pounces on goes away, it's forgotten. If we were having winning seasons and competing for championships no one would really care about the stuff w/ the cheerleaders.

The media isn’t pouncing on anything. The cheerleader “stuff” is heinous and disgusting and inexcusable. Winning doesn’t make that go away.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 10:04 AM   #48
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 54
Posts: 20,184
Re: WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think you can cure culture with a winning season. I don't ever hear the teams that are consistent winners talk about culture. Win a playoff game or two. Then all of the stuff that the media pounces on goes away, it's forgotten. If we were having winning seasons and competing for championships no one would really care about the stuff w/ the cheerleaders.
I think winning teams speak of culture in terms like " the Patriots way of doing things ", or "you know {team name} would never bring in {player name} it just isn't what they do".

I do agree that winning would cure a lot of the bad culture talk, but when you have over 20+ years of mismanagement, toxic environments, and failed club performance, it takes time (and wins) for players, coaches, and fans to believe that you have changed and are doing things the "right" way.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 10:17 AM   #49
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,257
Re: WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
The media isn’t pouncing on anything. The cheerleader “stuff” is heinous and disgusting and inexcusable. Winning doesn’t make that go away.
Of course it was but my point is people aka fans would not care as much. We finally won a game and people are talking about possible playoffs. Win a few more games and make it in the playoffs and no one will care about what the attorney put in her report.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 10:34 AM   #50
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,257
Re: WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think winning teams speak of culture in terms like " the Patriots way of doing things ", or "you know {team name} would never bring in {player name} it just isn't what they do".

I do agree that winning would cure a lot of the bad culture talk, but when you have over 20+ years of mismanagement, toxic environments, and failed club performance, it takes time (and wins) for players, coaches, and fans to believe that you have changed and are doing things the "right" way.
Good point about the Patriot way. That was all great until Brady left and they had a losing season. Then we heard rumblings of how difficult it is playing under Belichick, how it isn't fun and players are miserable there...lol. They start winning and here comes the Patriot Way stuff again....
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 11:24 AM   #51
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,932
Re: WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Of course it was but my point is people aka fans would not care as much. We finally won a game and people are talking about possible playoffs. Win a few more games and make it in the playoffs and no one will care about what the attorney put in her report.

Idk it would absolutely pain me to see Snyder hold up a trophy with a shit eating grin on his face to the point it might ruin the ultimate prize in my eyes.
I understand what you are saying about winning makes things better, but in this case with this douche I am not sure.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 11:29 AM   #52
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 38
Posts: 12,435
Re: WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Idk it would absolutely pain me to see Snyder hold up a trophy with a shit eating grin on his face to the point it might ruin the ultimate prize in my eyes.
I understand what you are saying about winning makes things better, but in this case with this douche I am not sure.
Snyder is never winning a super bowl. I'm not much for karma, but just no way he does. We're all screwed.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 11:42 AM   #53
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 54
Posts: 20,184
Re: WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Good point about the Patriot way. That was all great until Brady left and they had a losing season. Then we heard rumblings of how difficult it is playing under Belichick, how it isn't fun and players are miserable there...lol. They start winning and here comes the Patriot Way stuff again....
Definitely Winning and culture issues go hand in hand. But we have seen winning seasons (not many) under DS, but the underlying rot stays the same.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 12:04 PM   #54
calia
Playmaker
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 53
Posts: 2,586
Re: WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Idk it would absolutely pain me to see Snyder hold up a trophy with a shit eating grin on his face to the point it might ruin the ultimate prize in my eyes.
I understand what you are saying about winning makes things better, but in this case with this douche I am not sure.

I’m with Punch on this.

I completely disagree that winning would make people forget the horrible behavior by the team regarding the cheerleaders (and it sure as hell shouldn’t) and it’s depressing to think that winning would absolve anyone of that stuff. Ray Rice was a good running back. So we look the other way? C’mon, man.

I agree with Punch that our owner is so awful that it would lessen the joy of winning on his watch. Having said that, I have no confidence based on past behavior that he won’t continue to do stuff that will keep us from getting back to winning consistently anyway. With an emphasis on consistently like it used to be when I grew up watching them in the 80s. I do miss that experience for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 11:33 PM   #55
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 36
Posts: 4,337
Re: WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

No one has to worry about that.. the league will never put Snyder in a position to hoist the Lombardi. I don't care how good we are.
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Heineken 2021!
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 12:06 PM   #56
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,257
Re: WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I’m with Punch on this.

I completely disagree that winning would make people forget the horrible behavior by the team regarding the cheerleaders (and it sure as hell shouldn’t) and it’s depressing to think that winning would absolve anyone of that stuff. Ray Rice was a good running back. So we look the other way? C’mon, man.

I agree with Punch that our owner is so awful that it would lessen the joy of winning on his watch. Having said that, I have no confidence based on past behavior that he won’t continue to do stuff that will keep us from getting back to winning consistently anyway. With an emphasis on consistently like it used to be when I grew up watching them in the 80s. I do miss that experience for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We definitely looked the other way and so have other teams when AP played here. What he did is simply unforgivable. What he did was worse than anything Snyder or Rice has done. Felony child assault where a kid has open wounds around his nuts is sadistic.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 12:31 PM   #57
calia
Playmaker
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 53
Posts: 2,586
Re: WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
We definitely looked the other way and so have other teams when AP played here. What he did is simply unforgivable. What he did was worse than anything Snyder or Rice has done. Felony child assault where a kid has open wounds around his nuts is sadistic.

Abhorrent for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 02:49 PM   #58
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 34
Posts: 31,805
Re: WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

That was a good drive by 4
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 06:34 PM   #59
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,932
WFT vs. Panthers pre-game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
We definitely looked the other way and so have other teams when AP played here. What he did is simply unforgivable. What he did was worse than anything Snyder or Rice has done. Felony child assault where a kid has open wounds around his nuts is sadistic.

Never wanted to cheer for that mother fucker after I heard about what he did. Cheered for us to win and hated he had to be a part if it. And when he scored a touchdown , no I did not look the other way. Did it make him a better person when he scored ? Nope. Probably threw out some all days in the game threads but it was a team thing not an AP thing. If I had the power to cut him and send him to jail I would have even if he was a starter. And if DS wins he is still a piece of shit and I will never forget he is a piece of shit.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.15039 seconds with 12 queries