Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


NFL week 11

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2021, 04:03 PM   #91
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 18,596
Re: NFL week 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I disagree strongly. Pick another bad one.
Nailed it. Fuck John Mara.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-24-2021, 04:17 PM   #92
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,956
Re: NFL week 11

EAGAN, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings and the Minnetrista Police Department are dealing with an ongoing situation involving defensive end Everson Griffen, who has refused to come out of his residence after making a series of disturbing posts on Instagram earlier Wednesday morning claiming that someone was in his home trying to kill him.

The Minnetrista Public Safety Department said in a news release that Griffen called 911 after 3 a.m. Wednesday from his residence. He said someone was inside his home and requested assistance from authorities. Griffen also told the 911 dispatcher that he fired a weapon but that no one was injured.

According to the news release, law enforcement and Vikings team psychologists have been in communication with Griffen since approximately 7 a.m. but Griffen has refused to come out of his residence. Police said they could not find an intruder at Griffen's residence.

Early Wednesday morning, Griffen made several Instagram posts, all of which have been deleted, including a video that showed the defensive end inside his home with a pistol, which he said belongs to him.

"I'm in my house. N----- trying to pop me," Griffen said in the video. "I've still got clips left. This is my gun, .45 Wilson Combat, registered to me. I bought all my bullets around town. Dalvin Cook helped me purchase this gun. It all belongs to me, and they are registered to me. I know exactly where I bought them. I've got the card I have them on. I have everything."

In an Instagram story, Griffen wrote, "I need help people trying to kill me. At my own house," and he posted screenshots of an alleged text conversation with his agent, Brian Murphy of Athletes First, in which he requested help from 911.

Police are "confident" Griffen is alone inside the home and are continuing to work with him to resolve the situation.

"Vikings representatives and the team's mental health professionals have been on-site at Everson Griffen's home since early this morning and are cooperating with law enforcement," the team said in a statement. "Our only concern at this time is the safety and well-being of Everson and his family. We will have further comment at the appropriate time."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-firing-weapon


Some serious mental health crisis playing out right now.

Hope for the best.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 04:35 PM   #93
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,932
Re: NFL week 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I wish I could invite him to Thanksgiving dinner.

LOL! Dude he can sit at the head of the table and just smile and nod at all of us. I bet he would even cook and clean.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 04:38 PM   #94
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,932
Re: NFL week 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
EAGAN, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings and the Minnetrista Police Department are dealing with an ongoing situation involving defensive end Everson Griffen, who has refused to come out of his residence after making a series of disturbing posts on Instagram earlier Wednesday morning claiming that someone was in his home trying to kill him.

The Minnetrista Public Safety Department said in a news release that Griffen called 911 after 3 a.m. Wednesday from his residence. He said someone was inside his home and requested assistance from authorities. Griffen also told the 911 dispatcher that he fired a weapon but that no one was injured.

According to the news release, law enforcement and Vikings team psychologists have been in communication with Griffen since approximately 7 a.m. but Griffen has refused to come out of his residence. Police said they could not find an intruder at Griffen's residence.

Early Wednesday morning, Griffen made several Instagram posts, all of which have been deleted, including a video that showed the defensive end inside his home with a pistol, which he said belongs to him.

"I'm in my house. N----- trying to pop me," Griffen said in the video. "I've still got clips left. This is my gun, .45 Wilson Combat, registered to me. I bought all my bullets around town. Dalvin Cook helped me purchase this gun. It all belongs to me, and they are registered to me. I know exactly where I bought them. I've got the card I have them on. I have everything."

In an Instagram story, Griffen wrote, "I need help people trying to kill me. At my own house," and he posted screenshots of an alleged text conversation with his agent, Brian Murphy of Athletes First, in which he requested help from 911.

Police are "confident" Griffen is alone inside the home and are continuing to work with him to resolve the situation.

"Vikings representatives and the team's mental health professionals have been on-site at Everson Griffen's home since early this morning and are cooperating with law enforcement," the team said in a statement. "Our only concern at this time is the safety and well-being of Everson and his family. We will have further comment at the appropriate time."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-firing-weapon


Some serious mental health crisis playing out right now.

Hope for the best.

Wow. Hope nobody gets hurt. Mental illness is such an issue that needs to be bought to the forefront. Of course he could be just lit as fuck on who knows what kind of drugs? Either way hoping for the best too.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 04:41 PM   #95
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,956
Re: NFL week 11

I know who will play the bear in this thanksgiving three way SD and Punch are planning.

SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 05:07 PM   #96
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 38
Posts: 12,435
Re: NFL week 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I know who will play the bear in this thanksgiving three way SD and Punch are planning.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:19 PM   #97
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 1,475
Re: NFL week 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Wow. Hope nobody gets hurt. Mental illness is such an issue that needs to be bought to the forefront. Of course he could be just lit as fuck on who knows what kind of drugs? Either way hoping for the best too.
He's got history of mental health issues...

News says the episode ended without incident.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...e-getting-care

Hope he gets the help he needs, and whether or not he walks away from teh game, he stays healthy.

Last edited by AnonEmouse; 11-24-2021 at 07:20 PM. Reason: typo
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:45 PM   #98
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,932
Re: NFL week 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I know who will play the bear in this thanksgiving three way SD and Punch are planning.


I would never go there but for him I will. Because he is the best person inside and out. Im thankful for him.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.11183 seconds with 12 queries