Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Bucs beat down postgame

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2021, 09:42 PM   #31
rocnrik
The Starter
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,387
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

TH grew up Ö he might not be a franchise QB but he belongs on a team !!!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-14-2021, 09:58 PM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 29,350
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

Fuck the giants, fuck the eagles, fuck the CowboysÖ.and fuck the Bucs.

We won today!
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

Letís go Brandon!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 10:32 PM   #33
rocnrik
The Starter
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,387
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico23231 View Post
fuck the giants, fuck the eagles, fuck the cowboysÖ.and fuck the bucs.

We won today!
👍👍👍
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 10:43 PM   #34
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,921
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I didnít hear about Youngís injury, iím sorry he got hurt but itís not like he will be missed, maybe this will help him rededicate himself to the game, itís make or break time
That is how crazy sports is. A year ago or more he was the toast of the NFL; generational talent they said.

Now he sits with a major injury questioning if he will ever succeed in the NFL.

Nuts
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 10:55 PM   #35
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 34
Posts: 31,805
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
That is how crazy sports is. A year ago or more he was the toast of the NFL; generational talent they said.

Now he sits with a major injury questioning if he will ever succeed in the NFL.

Nuts

Itís literally a year to year league. I think him sitting and watching may help him some. Overall itís crazy to say this but heís got 1.5 sacks in 9 games and hasnít made a huge impact all season. Hopefully others step up and we can get 90 back soon
__________________
ďMediocre people donít like high achievers, and high achievers donít like mediocre people.Ē
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:05 AM   #36
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 18,596
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

Been waiting all season for a solid performance in all 3 phases that this game was. Really nice to see everybody making plays and finally come together as a team while feeding off each other.

Studs:

Offensive line - that was the #1 ranked run D in the NFL and we took it to them. Not a huge game stats wise and there weren't any big chunk plays but we were consistent with the run and kept using it to make 3rd and shorts. Very good for a patchwork line with a new center.

Antonio Gibson: Not a spectacular day - but a very solid performance. There's gonna be a lot of guys on that particular list.

Terry Mac: Tell me you guys weren't nervous when he walked to the locker room and they mentioned his collarbone. I fear losing him more than Chase Young.

Heinicke: Not spectacular other than his 1 td throw - but solid and consistent. Not wildly overthrowing receivers and he kept his accuracy in check. Hope he can keep this going.

The defense: Finally the defensive performance we've been waiting for. Awesome start with the 3 and out and then the turnovers. Kept it going all day. Kept Brady off balance. Not great pressure but there was definitely pressure when it was needed. Very refreshing to not see Landon Collins chasing a receiver into the end zone. Great job stepping up by Young/Sweat replacements.

Jonathan Allen - if he doesn't get all-pro consideration this year the game is rigged - he is as dominant as CY99 was supposed to be.

Special teams - very refreshing to just see everything go according to plan.

All 3 phases of the game - just solid all around. Ron had the team ready this week.

Everybody involved on that last offensive drive - the goal was to kill clock and put points on the board to make the game out of reach - and they accomplished both in fantastic fashion.

Duds:

Sweat/Young - is it just coincidence our best defensive performance of the year happens with them mostly off the field?

CY99 - dud in the sense he didn't put good pressure on Brady before he left - I put him on this list mostly for the season he's had and the beef? going on between him and his coaches. Hoping he takes his time, comes back right and fixes the issues plaguing him and Sweat in regards to the cohesiveness of the d-line.

Dax Milne: Man as a backup you aren't going to get that many opportunities to touch the ball - so if ball security isn't a priority you won't be getting many more opportunities if at all.

---------

I ain't gonna start talking playoffs - because I'm not insane like some of you. But for one week everything went right. Enjoy it.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:15 AM   #37
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,932
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

Still in shock that our offense and defense both showed up. And ST. Would be nice to see that again next week.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:41 AM   #38
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,596
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Been waiting all season for a solid performance in all 3 phases that this game was. Really nice to see everybody making plays and finally come together as a team while feeding off each other.

Studs:

Offensive line - that was the #1 ranked run D in the NFL and we took it to them. Not a huge game stats wise and there weren't any big chunk plays but we were consistent with the run and kept using it to make 3rd and shorts. Very good for a patchwork line with a new center.

Antonio Gibson: Not a spectacular day - but a very solid performance. There's gonna be a lot of guys on that particular list.

Terry Mac: Tell me you guys weren't nervous when he walked to the locker room and they mentioned his collarbone. I fear losing him more than Chase Young.

Heinicke: Not spectacular other than his 1 td throw - but solid and consistent. Not wildly overthrowing receivers and he kept his accuracy in check. Hope he can keep this going.

The defense: Finally the defensive performance we've been waiting for. Awesome start with the 3 and out and then the turnovers. Kept it going all day. Kept Brady off balance. Not great pressure but there was definitely pressure when it was needed. Very refreshing to not see Landon Collins chasing a receiver into the end zone. Great job stepping up by Young/Sweat replacements.

Jonathan Allen - if he doesn't get all-pro consideration this year the game is rigged - he is as dominant as CY99 was supposed to be.

Special teams - very refreshing to just see everything go according to plan.

All 3 phases of the game - just solid all around. Ron had the team ready this week.

Everybody involved on that last offensive drive - the goal was to kill clock and put points on the board to make the game out of reach - and they accomplished both in fantastic fashion.

Duds:

Sweat/Young - is it just coincidence our best defensive performance of the year happens with them mostly off the field?

CY99 - dud in the sense he didn't put good pressure on Brady before he left - I put him on this list mostly for the season he's had and the beef? going on between him and his coaches. Hoping he takes his time, comes back right and fixes the issues plaguing him and Sweat in regards to the cohesiveness of the d-line.

Dax Milne: Man as a backup you aren't going to get that many opportunities to touch the ball - so if ball security isn't a priority you won't be getting many more opportunities if at all.

---------

I ain't gonna start talking playoffs - because I'm not insane like some of you. But for one week everything went right. Enjoy it.
Good post. Wanna give prop to Ron for having the team ready and finally performing for 60 minutes ! Regression so far was a major disappointment and some of it has to be coaching. But you gotta give it to Ron, Scott and JDR, they had their guys ready, and a good game plan (really liked the defensive game plan).

Liked Ron's post game speech. This game was proof of just how much the NFL is a week to week league... but we can hope to see it as a sign things are turning around !
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 11-15-2021 at 09:13 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:52 AM   #39
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,921
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

I would definitely shop CY in the off season, even if we got a few draft picks for him that be great. He is not dominating at all and there are still that value him high.

I bet he ends up being a dud.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 09:03 AM   #40
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 59
Posts: 4,700
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I would definitely shop CY in the off season, even if we got a few draft picks for him that be great. He is not dominating at all and there are still that value him high.

I bet he ends up being a dud.
You can shop him all you want,I think youíd be lucky to get a 3rd round pick For a guy that wasnít playing that well and now most likely coming off major knee surgery
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 09:04 AM   #41
EdmundDorf
Impact Rookie
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 745
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

Dax Milne is a 7th rd rookie and the ball was punched out by a linebacker who made a play, so I am not going to sour on him too much. Hopefully he learns from it.

As for J. Allen, he should be a pro bowler but I wont bet my house on it happening, lets face it those accolades go to players from winning teams. It is difficult to dislodge the established stars from the All Pro voting process unless you are on a playoff team
EdmundDorf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 09:07 AM   #42
EdmundDorf
Impact Rookie
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 745
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I would definitely shop CY in the off season, even if we got a few draft picks for him that be great. He is not dominating at all and there are still that value him high.

I bet he ends up being a dud.
Thats ridiculous, you can't give up on a guy who is that young and has that much talent. Hopefully both he and the coaches will re-evaluate his approach to the game in the offseason and some maturation follows.
EdmundDorf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 09:10 AM   #43
GridIron26
Playmaker
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Age: 33
Posts: 2,753
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I would definitely shop CY in the off season, even if we got a few draft picks for him that be great. He is not dominating at all and there are still that value him high.

I bet he ends up being a dud.
It's too early to give up on him
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 09:15 AM   #44
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,921
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
It's too early to give up on him
Even if he was productive i rather 3 solid starters then a even say pro bowler level cy.

Unless CY was a QB he can't make that large of a difference on a team with many holes.

At this point its 50/50 CY becomes a elite player in the NFL and he just tore his ACL. Let someone else take the gamble on him and collect some draft picks to help us in other places.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 09:29 AM   #45
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,932
Re: Bucs beat down postgame

Just heard that drive at the end of the game was the longest drive of the year by any team.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.14559 seconds with 10 queries