Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Mail-In Balloting

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-25-2020, 03:39 AM   #1
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Mail-In Balloting

This is for the left side of the Warpath, do y'all really think Democratic politicians unanimously (literally 100%) support mail-in ballots for everyone because and only because it's just as fair as everyone voting in-person? And it has absolutely nothing to do with them knowing 100% this benefits their party? Honesty would be greatly appreciated here.

Note - A large portion of why I switched from Republican to Libertarian was because I got sick and tired of Republicans supporting the chamber of commerce (aka the chamber of big business), etc. It's ok to admit flaws about your party.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2020, 05:48 AM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Mail-In Balloting

Realistically, Dems support mail-in voting because they think it gives them the advantage.

Also realistically, does the right seriously believe mail-in voting is susceptible to major fraud when the POTUS, VPOTUS, his staff and plenty of cabinet officials like Barr/etc. use it?

I also think as much as Trump loves being the one-man fix-it show he wouldn't have any problem finding funding for the USPS and for election security. Why is election security a partisan issue? Do we all not want the same thing, a fair election?

I could go into a rant about voter suppression and certain swing states continuing to put restrictions in place to disenfranchise a certain population but we'll save that argument for another day.

S/N: shoutout to you calling out the chamber of commerce. I'm still thirsty waiting for that trickle-down to take effect.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:52 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Mail in voting is extremely dumb because of the multiple obvious issues.

They should move the voting period to a 2 day event and one of those days being a holiday. Absentee voting should cover the rest.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:41 AM   #4
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Mail in voting is extremely dumb because of the multiple obvious issues.

They should move the voting period to a 2 day event and one of those days being a holiday. Absentee voting should cover the rest.
I definitely think national election day should be a national Holiday. Don't really know what is more important to our country and free people in general than voting.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:44 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

Or have election day on a Saturday so people don't have to take time off work. Better yet just have election weekend.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:51 AM   #6
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Realistically, Dems support mail-in voting because they think it gives them the advantage.

Also realistically, does the right seriously believe mail-in voting is susceptible to major fraud when the POTUS, VPOTUS, his staff and plenty of cabinet officials like Barr/etc. use it?

I also think as much as Trump loves being the one-man fix-it show he wouldn't have any problem finding funding for the USPS and for election security. Why is election security a partisan issue? Do we all not want the same thing, a fair election?

I could go into a rant about voter suppression and certain swing states continuing to put restrictions in place to disenfranchise a certain population but we'll save that argument for another day.

S/N: shoutout to you calling out the chamber of commerce. I'm still thirsty waiting for that trickle-down to take effect.
I think it's way easier to commit fraud by mail than voting in person.

The USPS is a disaster and that goes well back before Trump was president. I don't trust them to properly administer making a sandwich, let alone administer voting security. But yes, we should spend whatever it takes to ensure fair elections. But I don't think the 2 sides are remotely close to agreeing what the security issues are though, such as allowing massive mail-in ballots or not.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:53 AM   #7
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Or have election day on a Saturday so people don't have to take time off work. Better yet just have election weekend.
I would be good with this option as well.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:18 PM   #8
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

I like the idea of election weekend. Have the open for 48 hours straight if you want to really do it right.

Obviously, it poses certain financial challenges... but this is voting and democracy. Let's do it.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:54 PM   #9
MTK
\m/

Republicans would never go for it for obvious reasons.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:58 PM   #10
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Republicans would never go for it for obvious reasons.
This. Glad we can all agree that is a better idea than our current system though.
Old 09-25-2020, 01:28 PM   #11
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

As a Democrat, i do not believe in mail in ballots in their current form. I feel there needs to be some sort of way to add additional security measures.

There are news reports now from all over the country, of mail tubs being found containing both republican AND Democrat ballots that are undelivered / abandoned, etc.. This should bother every person no matter which way you lean.
Old 09-25-2020, 01:34 PM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
As a Democrat, i do not believe in mail in ballots in their current form. I feel there needs to be some sort of way to add additional security measures.

There are news reports now from all over the country, of mail tubs being found containing both republican AND Democrat ballots that are undelivered / abandoned, etc.. This should bother every person no matter which way you lean.
Source? I've only heard about the 9 ballots in PA that were found in the trash. Which the FBI director already acknowledged, of course there will be small scale instances of voter fraud but no widespread system fraud that could swing the election.

FYI the mail also delivers paychecks, tax forms, social security info, and literally every other piece of correspondence that comes from the gov't. And until recently they were very reliable (before a certain head of USPS removed 600+ high speed sorting machines). I see no reason other than the aforementioned one that ballots would not be able to be successfully delivered.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:57 PM   #13
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This. Glad we can all agree that is a better idea than our current system though.
Of course but people like chico and other republican right wing nuts hate it becuase a higher/ better turnout out hurts republicans.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:06 PM   #14
Schneed10
A Dude

Anything that causes fewer people to cast a ballot is a bad thing in a democratic republic.

Simple. If you disagree with that you’re either an idiot or clearly have an agenda that benefits from suppressing votes.

Holding votes on Tuesday, bad. Refusing to accept mail in votes when in-person represents a health hazard, bad.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:49 AM   #15
MTK
\m/

I know I'm voting by mail this year anyone else?