Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-02-2021, 08:33 AM   #31
irish
Playmaker

Re: Snyder to Stay on a Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
We have had great coaches before under Snyder..Gibbs, shanny, Marty S, yep he meddled with them and the worse thing Snyder does (football related )is get involved in the player picks ( The Latest being Haskins) .. I’m not sure he can help himself there but with the staff Ron has put together it will be very hard for Danny boy to strongarm them ...
One could argue that all the coaches you mention are much more successful coaches than RR yet DS still meddled with them. DS will meddle with RR, he cant help himself.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-02-2021, 08:40 AM   #32
MTK
\m/

The only exception is he left Gibbs alone, so if he sees Rivera in the same light as Gibbs we just might have a chance. Maybe.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:52 AM   #33
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The only exception is he left Gibbs alone, so if he sees Rivera in the same light as Gibbs we just might have a chance. Maybe.
Good point about Gibbs but DS didn't grow up watching RR and cheering for his teams. No way DS sees RR in the same light he sees Gibbs.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:00 AM   #34
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Good point about Gibbs but DS didn't grow up watching RR and cheering for his teams. No way DS sees RR in the same light he sees Gibbs.
No he probably doesn't see Ron in the same exact way, but Gibbs was heavily involved in recruiting Ron, so there's at least that connection. And like Gibbs, Ron seems to know how to handle people very well.

Ultimately the best thing Ron can do to shield himself from Snyder is to win. He can't afford to have the team take a step back this year. Another playoff year will build significant clout for him.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:14 AM   #35
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
No he probably doesn't see Ron in the same exact way, but Gibbs was heavily involved in recruiting Ron, so there's at least that connection. And like Gibbs, Ron seems to know how to handle people very well.

Ultimately the best thing Ron can do to shield himself from Snyder is to win. He can't afford to have the team take a step back this year. Another playoff year will build significant clout for him.
Agree. Winning will make it difficult for DS to meddle and wreck the success. I think RR has a great chance to build on last season since he will have a legit pro playing QB.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:46 AM   #36
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I guess we can drop the conspiracy theory that the league is behind every call that doesn’t go our way, every loss, every dropped ball now? I always hated that theory.
No way! Whether true or false, I need someone else to blame lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 01:12 PM   #37
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
No way! Whether true or false, I need someone else to blame lol.

Haha. True dat.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:10 PM   #38
artmonk81
Camp Scrub

Keeping my fingers cross that Snyder's investigation and revamping of the front office would give him pause and a clue to stay in the background and let the "football minds" and RR run the show..... It's the only way we the team will enjoy success....HOPING FOR THE BEST!

Id rather have NO Cheerleaders than a "dance team"....let the fans in the stands make the noise and fire up the team! And if RR keeps them on the winning track the FANS will return to the stands!

Last edited by artmonk81; 04-22-2021 at 05:11 PM.
artmonk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:31 PM   #39
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonk81 View Post
let the fans in the stands make the noise and fire up the team!
Howling.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:10 PM   #40
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Howling.

Yup.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:57 PM   #41
Warthog
The Starter

If RR wins and keeps making good to great player selections, I think Snyder will stay away. I worry far less about the owner making big or small football decisions as with him being part of the draft/FA player choice process. That’s the biggest way he undermined all the good to great HC that he brought in. No HC can win if you’re bringing in mediocre talent in the draft OR trading away your draft picks for overpaid or over-rated or over-the-hill FA. Snyder and his lackey GM’s also made incredibly dumb HC choices such as Zorn or cutting HC after just one season (8-8) Schottenheimer.

I think the thing that has impressed me the most about RR is how he is managing the FA market and milking every $ of our cap money. He hasn’t over-reached for FA, which was something that Snyder could NEVER DO. Snyder was always more interested in getting a single “Big BANG” FA each Spring, versus upgrading a bunch of problem areas across the team.

I suppose it is possible for Snyder to finally learn from a professional like Rivera but eventually this team will falter or have a below average season. THAT will be the test for Snyder. Can he stay out of the personnel decision-making process, especially for he disagrees with RR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:40 AM   #42
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I agree with that assessment. If Ron wins, he'll keep running things. He's a strong enough personality to put Dan at ease.

If the team isn't winning, Dan's tinkering tendency may arise, and with Ron, it may lead to some conflict.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:14 AM   #43
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Agree. Winning will make it difficult for DS to meddle and wreck the success. I think RR has a great chance to build on last season since he will have a legit pro playing QB.

I agree and that worries me.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:24 PM   #44
SunnySide
Playmaker

The NFL has fined the Washington Football Team $10 million as a result of the league's investigation into the team's workplace culture.

The money will be "will be used to support organizations committed to character education, anti-bullying, healthy relationships and related topics," the league said.

In addition, Tanya Snyder, who was named the team's co-CEO this week, will take over the day-to-day duties and represent the franchise at league functions for the never several months. Her husband, Dan Snyder, will focus "on a new stadium plan and other matters," the NFL said.

All senior executives, including the Snyders, will take part in training in workplace conduct, covering topics such as bullying, diversity and inclusion, LGBTQ issues, microaggression and unconscious bias.

"I have learned a lot in the past few months about how my club operated, and the kind of workplace that we had. It is now clear that the culture was not what it should be, but I did not realize the extent of the problems, or my role in allowing that culture to develop and continue. I know that as the owner, I am ultimately responsible for the workplace. I have said that and I say it again," Dan Snyder said in a statement.

"I feel great remorse for the people who had difficult, even traumatic, experiences while working here. I'm truly sorry for that. I can't turn back the clock, but I promise that nobody who works here will ever have that kind of experience again, at least not as long as Tanya and I are the owners of this team."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-investigation

Meh .. whatever. Hopefully they actually have a HR Dept and other positions/depts that all the other NFL teams have.

No more skimping on the organizational chart.

With all these new hires by RR to build our an actual complete FO plus this 10M fine .. Dan Snyder low cash flow pocket is hurting even more.

Biggest surprise is they didnt wait until tomorrow, Friday to announce the news.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 04:33 PM   #45
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Name change tomorrow. This story will die immediately.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote