Medical/Recreational Marijuana thread

Parking Lot

Old 05-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #46
Rainy Parade
Special Teams

Re: Washington, D.C., Approves Medical Use of Marijuana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Easily the most overrated drug ever. It personally reminds me of that infomercial you see at night by the guy who writes the natural cure or something to that effect. Cancer, depression, glaucoma, even a source of fuel (as ironic as that is). Then of course rather then stressing the use of a vaporizer which would be much easier on the lungs everyone is told to smoke it by the cool kids.

Plus if you've ever had to deal with living next to someone who smokes pot you'd realize just how much of a pain in the ass it is. Basically your place constantly smells like shit and if you're allergic to it like I am you'll end up with a handful of symptoms that you shouldn't have to deal with. 9 times out of 10 people that use it don't give a shit about how it effects other people, in fact I saw a story about a guy who was smoking it in California that was causing a little girl next door to experience horrible allergy symptoms, so bad that she couldn't sleep at night. The guy knew about the problem yet he kept smoking.

Then of course theres your buddies who talk about how great they are at driving when they're stoned yet fail a field sobriety test. I think thats one of the things that concern me the most. The idea that you can drive stoned. The roads are dangerous enough as is.

I wouldn't have so much of a problem with it if people used a vaporizer rather then smoking it but after dealing with the pain of the ass in living next to a pair of chronic pot heads I'd have to say I strongly support it being illegal at least for recreational purposes. Though I'm clearly in the minority here.

but you're okay with alcohol being legal?
living next to loud drunks isn't a picnic either. and they get behind the wheel too.
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #47
MTK
\m/

Sure there are retarded stoners out there, no more so than people who can't handle their alcohol. There are also plenty of those who smoke who do so responsibly and discreetly.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #48
Rainy Parade
Special Teams

i also wouldn't want to live next to a bunch of cig smokers.
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #49
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Sure there are retarded stoners out there, no more so than people who can't handle their alcohol. There are also plenty of those who smoke who do so responsibly and discreetly.
Ironically I have a handful of friends that smoke pot so it's not like I totally hate pot heads. It's just a much different dynamic when you live next to them and you can't have an open dialog, especially when they're way to paranoid to open the door when you try to talk to them. Fortunately they couldn't control how loud their music was which led to them being evicted. I remember that day I drank a handle of vokda, smoked and 1/8th of weed, and snorted a first base line worth of coke. Today you can visit me at Westview Cemetery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Parade View Post
but you're okay with alcohol being legal?
living next to loud drunks isn't a picnic either. and they get behind the wheel too.
Pot is more of an issue with me because of what being around it does to me. A quick bit of background on me. I had a nose that was congested to the point where my skull was being eroded. Smoking cigs and drinking didn't help, two habits I have since put behind me completely. To date I've spent around 18 hours on an operating table to clear it out for a surgery that would have cost $50,000 per operation without insurance. So when something threatens to close up my nose I take it very seriously.

When someone drinks alcohol the actual consumption is limited to them. I have no idea if my neighbor is drinking unless I hear them, which as you alluded to isn't much of a picnic. However if it was up to me I would at least like to see hard liquor be made illegal. That way if you wanted to get drunk you'd have to work for it. Unfortunately alcohol is so embedded in our culture that getting rid of it is practically impossible. 75% of adults drink alcohol. Compared to 1% of the population being habitual marijuana users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Parade View Post
i also wouldn't want to live next to a bunch of cig smokers.
Same here. That would be just as bad for me as living next to the pot head. I like the smell of cigarettes better then weed, though thats not to say I like the smell of ciggerettes. Ironically cig's don't smell horrible until you put them out. The odor of a person who smokes along with the smell of a cig thats recently been put out isn't pleasant.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #50
MTK
\m/

1%?

Not sure where you're getting that number but it sounds like a lot of liars took that poll
Old 05-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #51
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
1%?

Not sure where you're getting that number but it sounds like a lot of liars took that poll
Key word is habitual. 60% of Americans have tried it. Is that the number you were looking for

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 05-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #52
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

I hate marijuana and hate when people smoke it for recreation. It disgusts me.
How does it bother you?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #53
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I don't buy the whole gateway argument and I've never seen any meaningful research to support such a claim. THC is a drug that's practically as benign as caffeine, yet you don't see people worrying that drinking coffee is going to lead to someone snorting coke.

I do believe we'll see it legalized in our lifetime, support for it is higher than ever (lol) hopefully California will set the standard this fall and get this thing rolling (ha-ha).

Legalize it, tax the hell out of it, and let's start using our legal system and resources on more important things.
official warpath tailgate featuring a traffic cone bong
Old 05-05-2010, 11:34 PM   #54
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Vaporizers are where it's at. Or so I've heard.

Regardless, weed doesn't have all the chemicals and additives that cigarettes do.
vapes are nice, I don't really partake anymore though

but vapes and a good indica strain cooked into butter to be used for baked goods are where it's at
Old 05-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #55
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
However if it was up to me I would at least like to see hard liquor be made illegal. .
captain f'n buzzkill right here!
Old 05-06-2010, 12:11 AM   #56
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
captain f'n buzzkill right here!
Lol, just wait till I'm king. Alcohol and Pot both illegal. Cocaine, totally legal. Basic rule of thumb will be if it knocks you on your ass and it's recreational it's illegal. Yep, my subjects are going to be the most productive nation in the world. Sure they'll die early, become violent, and addicted but at least my monuments will get built quicker.

- FRPLG
Old 05-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #57
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Just make it legal and tax it. I don't use it but it is such a waste of resources and money trying to round these "criminals" up.
I think its funny. We have been force fed the dribble about how its a gateway drug and watched all the Gov. funds go down the drain trying to stop it. They have claimed marijuana kills brain cells yet alcohol is legal and it kills/pickles the liver. Smoking damages the lungs. God forbid you take prescription drugs. You take them to solve one single problem only to find they cause 10 other symptoms as side effects.

I doubt I'd use it but having legalized it they could treat it like alcohol and tax it. I'm sure they would make far more money doing that and controlling it's THC vs. spending billions trying to fight it.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:11 AM   #58
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Alcohol is a gateway drug.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:20 AM   #59
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Vaporizers are where it's at. Or so I've heard.

Regardless, weed doesn't have all the chemicals and additives that cigarettes do.
Oh for sure. They are nearly smokeless. All you're inhaling is the THC. They rule. I've used them, I'm not gonna lie. I think smoking weed in moderation is totally fine, and I personally enjoy it. I'll say that anonymously on this site. I'm no pot head, but I do partake, discreetly. I find it relaxing and fun. Nothing like catching a quick bake before laying by the pool, going to the beach, or watching a really funny movie. I never do it before I have anything of significance in front of me for the day.

I personally think the actual use of it is pretty harmless. Certainly more harmless than alcohol. The fact that alcohol is legal and weed is not is hilarious IMO. How many awful incidents does alcohol lead to in this country every day? People get hammered and do all kinds of dumb shit. Drive cars, beat people up, injure themselves and others, etc etc. When's the last time you saw a news headline that read "man high on marijuana robs bank, shoots security guard." ???? Doesn't happen.

Weed leads to good laughs, deep thought (in my case anyway) and junk food. I'm all for legalizing it, and not just because I smoke it. When you think about the massive tax revenue it would generate and pair that with the relief it would give to our legal system that is so bogged down with petty marijuana arrests/jailings, it would be a massive financial boost for the US.

I'm all for what Schneed suggested. Take the revenue generated by marijuana taxation and throw it back into the healthcare system.

Last edited by GMScud; 05-06-2010 at 02:23 AM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:28 AM   #60
djnemo65
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Oh for sure. They are nearly smokeless. All you're inhaling is the THC. They rule. I've used them, I'm not gonna lie. I think smoking weed in moderation is totally fine, and I personally enjoy it. I'll say that anonymously on this site. I'm no pot head, but I do partake, discreetly. I find it relaxing and fun. Nothing like catching a quick bake before laying by the pool, going to the beach, or watching a really funny movie. I never do it before I have anything of significance in front of me for the day.

I personally think the actual use of it is pretty harmless. Certainly more harmless than alcohol. The fact that alcohol is legal and weed is not is hilarious IMO. How many awful incidents does alcohol lead to in this country every day? People get hammered and do all kinds of dumb shit. Drive cars, beat people up, injure themselves and others, etc etc. When's the last time you read a news headline that read "man high on marijuana robs bank, shoots security guard." ???? Doesn't happen.

Weed leads to good laughs, deep thought (in my case anyway) and junk food. I'm all for legalizing it, and not just because I smoke it. When you think about the massive tax revenue it would generate and pair that with the relief if would give to our legal system that is so bogged down with petty marijuana arrests/jailings, it would be a massive financial boost for the US.

I'm all for what Schneed suggested. Take the revenue generated by marijuana taxation and throw it back into the healthcare system.
^^
Exactly what he said.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote