Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-28-2019, 12:31 PM   #196
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The incompetence of roster management is pathetic. Why are we keeping guys who are at the end of deals instead of rebuilding? We are not a player away. The lack of awareness with the organization is frustrating
Its not a lack of awareness at all. The complete opposite.

Bruce Allen knows that if we end the season 1-15 or 2-14, he's likely getting fired. Allen's best chance to keep his job is for the team to get to 5-11 or 6-10 and use a bunch of excuses to convince Snyder that they really are still "close."
To make that happen, Allen NEEDS all of these players on the roster.

Allen is quite aware of the situation and is doing what is in his own best interest. Why would he trade players for future draft picks when his doing so would only make it much more likely that he gets fired? Why screw himself over to help out his successor?

As a fan, that's what we want Allen to do because its whats best for the team. But whats best for the team is not whats best for Bruce Allen.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-28-2019, 12:34 PM   #197
Schneed10
A Dude

Clinging stubbornly to the belief that we're close. The reluctance to deal the good older players for picks is the biggest sign yet that Allen needs to go. His stubborn and incorrect belief that we're not that far away is the biggest obstacle to us taking the steps we need to rebuild.

Firing him is the only thing that will help. Until he's gone we shall suck.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:41 PM   #198
SunnySide
Playmaker

If I was Bruce, Id realize that I could generate more fan excitement and hope by making trades, big trades for picks, ... vs hoping this team will go 4-4 down the stretch.

if we had traded Trent (1st and 4th) and kerrigan (4th) .. we would have a thread discussing what we can do with 2 1st rounders, etc ... a thread of hope. Draft picks are like the day before you go on vacation .. everything is perfect planned out and fantasized in your head .. then you get to beach and it rains, your kid sucks and reality sets in.

Your body probably releases more dopamine the day before your vacation vs actually being on your vacation.

Let us day dream Bruce
Old 10-28-2019, 01:05 PM   #199
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Clinging stubbornly to the belief that we're close. The reluctance to deal the good older players for picks is the biggest sign yet that Allen needs to go. His stubborn and incorrect belief that we're not that far away is the biggest obstacle to us taking the steps we need to rebuild.

Firing him is the only thing that will help. Until he's gone we shall suck.
I agree with everything here, except I don't think Allen truly believes that we're close. Allen is not a good GM, but he's been around the game his entire life and a senior football executive on 3 teams in the past 20 years. He's been around some good, but mostly bad, teams. He knows what good rosters look like and what bad ones look like.

So that's why I don't think Allen believes what he's selling. The "we're close" thing is just the narrative he puts out there to try and justify his continued employment - to both the fans and the owner.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:15 PM   #200
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Nestor View Post
If the skins don't trade some of these old players, then people should stop going to any games. This may make a clear statement to ownership. We need a lot of picks and these old guys are making to much money to sit on this team and not producing.
Idk how many games you've watched this year, but that's already the case. As long as Dan gets a cut of league revenue (which he does every year) we're not going to hurt his wallet.

He just needs to realize we need to embrace a full rebuild, start selling players for as much as possible now, fire Bruce obviously, and start over again.

Bruce is only keeping players to save his own ass. He should've been canned just after Gruden. Snyder must be doing his best Wolf of Wall St. impression if he doesn't realize Allen has ruined this franchise.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:41 PM   #201
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Its not a lack of awareness at all. The complete opposite.

Bruce Allen knows that if we end the season 1-15 or 2-14, he's likely getting fired. Allen's best chance to keep his job is for the team to get to 5-11 or 6-10 and use a bunch of excuses to convince Snyder that they really are still "close."
To make that happen, Allen NEEDS all of these players on the roster.

Allen is quite aware of the situation and is doing what is in his own best interest. Why would he trade players for future draft picks when his doing so would only make it much more likely that he gets fired? Why screw himself over to help out his successor?

As a fan, that's what we want Allen to do because its whats best for the team. But whats best for the team is not whats best for Bruce Allen.
I haven't heard anything all year long about Bruce's job being in danger. As much as we all want him to go, i think there is a better chance of him being here next year, possibly beyond. People seem to underestimate how close Dan and Bruce are. Way closer than him and Vinny ever were. This has been reported. Maybe Dan wakes up and realizes how toxic Bruce really is, but I doubt it. I hope i'm wrong. Everyone hopes that Bruce gets fired, i just don't see it happening.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:51 AM   #202
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I haven't heard anything all year long about Bruce's job being in danger. As much as we all want him to go, i think there is a better chance of him being here next year, possibly beyond. People seem to underestimate how close Dan and Bruce are. Way closer than him and Vinny ever were. This has been reported. Maybe Dan wakes up and realizes how toxic Bruce really is, but I doubt it. I hope i'm wrong. Everyone hopes that Bruce gets fired, i just don't see it happening.

Agreed. To Snyder, who by all appearances is not that bright, does not know how to manage or motivate people, nor has any amount of NFL knowledge, Bruce Allen, he believes, is going to get him into a new stadium.

BA = new stadium in the future.

BA will eventually be sacrificed to the enormous media and fan pressure of continuous terrible seasons. But it will take several 1-3 win seasons to fire Bruce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:03 AM   #203
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Agreed. To Snyder, who by all appearances is not that bright, does not know how to manage or motivate people, nor has any amount of NFL knowledge, Bruce Allen, he believes, is going to get him into a new stadium.

BA = new stadium in the future.

BA will eventually be sacrificed to the enormous media and fan pressure of continuous terrible seasons. But it will take several 1-3 win seasons to fire Bruce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I want. A 1 win season. Because this would totally humiliate Snyder to the point that he'd have no choice but to fire everyone. He'd have no choice but to bring in a GM.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:11 AM   #204
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Idk how many games you've watched this year, but that's already the case. As long as Dan gets a cut of league revenue (which he does every year) we're not going to hurt his wallet.
That and despite his bungling the Redskins are worth about 4x what he paid for them.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:11 PM   #205
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
That and despite his bungling the Redskins are worth about 4x what he paid for them.
OK -- then time to sell, Danny. Maybe Kevin Durant and Matthew McConaughey can join forces to buy their favorite team.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:15 PM   #206
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Here's my master plan to get rid of Bruce Allen (which will never work):

- Fans reach out to Dale Jr. asking him to plead with Gibbs to talk to Snyder
- Gibbs tells Snyder he should fire Allen (Snyder worships Gibbs)
- Danny gets rid of BA

#onecanonlydream
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:20 PM   #207
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Here's my master plan to get rid of Bruce Allen (which will never work):

- Fans reach out to Dale Jr. asking him to plead with Gibbs to talk to Snyder
- Gibbs tells Snyder he should fire Allen (Snyder worships Gibbs)
- Danny gets rid of BA

#onecanonlydream
I don't think Joe Gibbs would advocate for harming another living person, either physically or by removing them from their job.

The better scenario is Dale Jr. calls Snyder directly and says "Dan, it's time. Bruce Allen has to go." And then everything magically clicks in Dan's head and it happens.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:14 PM   #208
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I don't think Joe Gibbs would advocate for harming another living person, either physically or by removing them from their job.

The better scenario is Dale Jr. calls Snyder directly and says "Dan, it's time. Bruce Allen has to go." And then everything magically clicks in Dan's head and it happens.
Gibbs has cut and fired people as a head coach, if he saw the state of the franchise and felt passionate enough he would do something, but the last interview I saw of him he was talking about the Skins homefield advantage. That told me he has checked out of this team.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:41 PM   #209
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Gibbs has cut and fired people as a head coach, if he saw the state of the franchise and felt passionate enough he would do something, but the last interview I saw of him he was talking about the Skins homefield advantage. That told me he has checked out of this team.

He wasn't --- he was just talking about it when home field was RFK.

What can Gibbs do? He's probably as crushed as anyone to see the disrepair that the franchise has fallen in to. But he's moved on from football, and he's enjoying life. Wading into this mess would be the opposite of that.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:06 PM   #210
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
He wasn't --- he was just talking about it when home field was RFK.

What can Gibbs do? He's probably as crushed as anyone to see the disrepair that the franchise has fallen in to. But he's moved on from football, and he's enjoying life. Wading into this mess would be the opposite of that.
Not sure what you mean, but Gibbs was asked about the advantage the current team had in that night's game, and he answered that it was the homefield fans, even though the stadium was flooded with the opponents fans.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote