Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 08:39 PM   #61
metalskins
The Starter

Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Shaffer is a cap guy. A number cruncher.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Actually, from what I've read, don't discount his ability for player personnel. He apparently knows more about that than people assume.

Advertisements
Old 12-04-2018, 09:23 PM   #62
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Actually, from what I've read, don't discount his ability for player personnel. He apparently knows more about that than people assume.
Oh wow. That's even better, where did you see that?

Old 12-04-2018, 09:23 PM   #63
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Kyle Smith is the personnel equivalent of McVay as a coach, why would they risk losing him? Then again, they are the dysfunctional Redskins and anything stupid can happen. I would promote Smith to GM.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #64
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Oh wow. That's even better, where did you see that?

I have got to find that article. Seems like it came from John Keim, but I would honestly need to search for it. I can't remember if it was mentioned in one of his tweets or if it was a full blown article, but I do remember hearing this.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #65
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Kyle Smith is the personnel equivalent of McVay as a coach, why would they risk losing him? Then again, they are the dysfunctional Redskins and anything stupid can happen. I would promote Smith to GM.
Well, Schaffer could still serve as some sort of assistant with player personnel. I'd promote Kyle Smith to GM for sure. I mean, even Bobby Beathard had Charlie Casserly servering under him at a certain point, so it's not like you have to have only the GM and nobody else assisting with player personnel. In fact, it might would make Smith's job easier.

Of course, as you say, this is the dysfunctional Redskins, so they tend to not think in terms of what makes sense to us fans.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:33 PM   #66
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Well, Schaffer could still serve as some sort of assistant with player personnel. I'd promote Kyle Smith to GM for sure. I mean, even Bobby Beathard had Charlie Casserly servering under him at a certain point, so it's not like you have to have only the GM and nobody else assisting with player personnel. In fact, it might would make Smith's job easier.

Of course, as you say, this is the dysfunctional Redskins, so they tend to not think in terms of what makes sense to us fans.

I made these comments last night and I’ve made them a few weeks now. Be careful before skinsfan69 comes along and bashes everyone for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2018, 10:16 PM   #67
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
I made these comments last night and I’ve made them a few weeks now. Be careful before skinsfan69 comes along and bashes everyone for them.

5superbowls3wins1sandyvag
Old 12-04-2018, 11:18 PM   #68
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
No way, i don't agree. He is performing basically the same way because just like here, he has a defense that doesn't show up from week to week. We have yet to see Cousins play on a team that has a truly good defense week to week. Minnesota won't even make the playoffs, and i think that has more to do with the defense than Cousins' play.
Defense led them to NFC championship last year. Funny thing is how all the talk last year was how he was going to a perfect place for him.

I don't think it's all on Cousins but he was supposed to take them to the promised land and instead you hear their fans sounding like this board the last 2 seasons. Some people defending KC and some ripping him for his untimely errors.

KC is who he was here. He will set records, put up stats and still manage to make terrible plays at terrible moments which keep a team from winning key games.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:28 AM   #69
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

So our new back up QB is a no name who was out of the league and playing for the AAF, because... Jay and his staff know him from Jay's time in Tampa...

How many times have we heard that argument? I won't search but it feels like for some coaches or players we've read "whom Jay worked with when he was in Tampa" a solid number of times...

I mean this is the NFL not your uncle's local restaurant ! Find the best players and coaches, not the ones you feel safe with because you know them already...
Old 12-05-2018, 05:56 AM   #70
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
So our new back up QB is a no name who was out of the league and playing for the AAF, because... Jay and his staff know him from Jay's time in Tampa...

How many times have we heard that argument? I won't search but it feels like for some coaches or players we've read "whom Jay worked with when he was in Tampa" a solid number of times...

I mean this is the NFL not your uncle's local restaurant ! Find the best players and coaches, not the ones you feel safe with because you know them already...
Frenchie, man. We're starting an emergency qb for the rest of the year. It's literally all down hill from here. They could sign Bruce Allen to be the backup, idc.

Foreshadowing here but this feels like the beginning of the end.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:22 AM   #71
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Frenchie, man. We're starting an emergency qb for the rest of the year. It's literally all down hill from here. They could sign Bruce Allen to be the backup, idc.

Yeah I know this has no importance at all, I just feel like once again it reflects badly on this coaching staff.
I've been a Jay defender for a long time, but a lot of things point toward his inability to game plan and get the guys ready and fired up for big games.
IMO, this is one of these little things showing Jay is not a good leader, he plays scared and average even when signing a back up QB.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:24 AM   #72
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

I am all for this
Old 12-05-2018, 07:33 AM   #73
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post

They have one week to prep the guy, so if there’s some familiarity there that’s a good thing

Old 12-05-2018, 08:29 AM   #74
Meks
Pro Bowl

Familiarity is fine but man Josh Johnson fucking sucks. Back up or not, terrible fucking choice. Jay's time in Tampa, LMFAO TEN YEARS AGO !!
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 12-05-2018, 08:39 AM   #75
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Jay and his brother Jon don’t know a good QB when they see one. I remember one year Jon went through 7 QB’s in TB.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Closed Thread