Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Training Camp Battles: WR

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #16
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Redskins Training Camp Battles: WR

Yeah. A lot of people wrote off Kelly because he hasn't had a lot of time to practice running his routes, but he's made a larger impact in our two preseason games than DT has. I wouldn't be suprised if Kelly has caught up in his fight with DT for the #2 job and he could surpass him and win it outright if DT doesn't start showing up. Kelly's main thing is his route running but so far he's been catching everything they've thrown his way whereas DT hasn't really shown us a lot.

As for Mitchell I think as long as he continues playing like he has then he will win the #5 job. People say the biggest knack against him is that before we drafted him he never played special teams but Zorn also said that the #5 guy doesn't necessarily have to play special teams. His route running has been good and he's the only guy amongst all those potential roster cuts who has stood out from the rest of the pack. He has good hands as well.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #17
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Yeah. A lot of people wrote off Kelly because he hasn't had a lot of time to practice running his routes, but he's made a larger impact in our two preseason games than DT has. I wouldn't be suprised if Kelly has caught up in his fight with DT for the #2 job and he could surpass him and win it outright if DT doesn't start showing up. Kelly's main thing is his route running but so far he's been catching everything they've thrown his way whereas DT hasn't really shown us a lot.

As for Mitchell I think as long as he continues playing like he has then he will win the #5 job. People say the biggest knack against him is that before we drafted him he never played special teams but Zorn also said that the #5 guy doesn't necessarily have to play special teams. His route running has been good and he's the only guy amongst all those potential roster cuts who has stood out from the rest of the pack. He has good hands as well.
Will people please stop using Mitchell with the phrase above.

Of the five players competing for the wide receiver spot, Hackett is the only one who doesn't play special teams, though Mitchell -- who had 153 catches in three years at Nevada -- never did before this camp. Special teams coordinator Danny Smith said Mitchell has a "real long way to go, but he's really made vast improvement."
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #18
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I mean to say people keep saying Mitchell does not play Special Teams. He may not have in the past but he is playing ST's with the Skins. If there is a knock it's that Hackett does not play ST's.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote