New Lipstick. Same Ole Hog

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-15-2016, 02:01 PM   #46
los panda
Pro Bowl

Re: New Lipstick. Same Ole Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Oh man, for burgers it almost feels like apples vs. oranges. For the burger itself, Five Guys all day. For the pure "burger" experience, I lean towards Red Robin. Damn, that's tough.

Fast food burger-wise, Five Guys/Smash Burger/Shake Shack, all are a huge tie to me.

And west coast peeps, don't try to hype up In-N-Out. Needs more seasoning.
i get 2 packets of spread for each double double, i put spread on every bite.

Advertisements
Old 09-15-2016, 02:07 PM   #47
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Don't get me wrong, it's a FINE (5 out of 10) burger. My wife's family act like they want to punch me in the face when we visit them out in Vegas and I request any other burger place besides In-N-Out. Shakes are legit as hell though.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:07 PM   #48
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

If we're talking delicious west-coast, fast-food delicacies, I only need to know two names: Rubio's and Jollibee.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #49
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Don't get me wrong, it's a FINE (5 out of 10) burger. My wife's family act like they want to punch me in the face when we visit them out in Vegas and I request any other burger place besides In-N-Out. Shakes are legit as hell though.
to each their own, i don't enjoy the shakes at all, i've had strawberry and chocolate; they taste like a vanilla shake w hershey's syrup squirted.

the burger is the best i've ever had, 9/10. i couldn't find burger pics of the 2 names that you mentioned.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #50
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Boom!

Why are we posting burger pics in a pork thread?
Old 09-15-2016, 02:19 PM   #51
los panda
Pro Bowl

which place is that from?
Old 09-15-2016, 02:22 PM   #52
los panda
Pro Bowl

in-n-out is the only place i've seen where the one you get at the restaurant looks better than the one in the commercials.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #53
VirgilTibbs

It's pretty sad that Redskins don't have a quality message board where fans can discuss freely the positives and negatives of the team in a mature fashion without being ridiculed. Supposedly, this was board for the free and open minded without the censorship and "clique" mentality that goes on over at Extremeskins.com if you aren't always positive, don't agree with the mods, or a "veteran" poster. Wrong! The same immature foolishness goes on here too.

If you guys would rather live in denial and avoid unbiased conversation about the organization by derailing threads then so be it. This type of immaturity is just not something I've come across on other message boards of successful organizations and classier fans. Guess losing not only lowers the morale of the team, but the IQ of the fanbase.
VirgilTibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:37 PM   #54
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

By "unbiased conversation", do you mean agreeing with your thesis on page 1? Didn't seem like a good conversation starter, tbh.
I'd hate to see how you try to break the ice with women at the bar....
Old 09-15-2016, 02:38 PM   #55
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
which place is that from?
Shake Shack. Very delicious, but comparable to Five Guys/Smashburger. Hard to say which one reigns supreme.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:43 PM   #56
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

To avoid derailing the pics of delicious burgers and sandwiches, I think we all provided some insight that was more consistent with a non-extreme position. *shrugs* If you don't want us to agree that everything is shit, you might be one sad kitten.

I think we all agree:

- run defense is suspect.
- there are coaching issues, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.

All this being said, we should be well set up to beat the bad teams we beat this year, as well as beating some slightly out of our league. Personally, I don't think we're in the Steelers league quite yet. How quickly we forget how awesome we were for MANY games in a row last year and choose to apply a broad brush to a season based on a single game.

I've been guilty of in the past, but Scot has brought some clarity and some hope.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:01 PM   #57
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgilTibbs View Post
It's pretty sad that Redskins don't have a quality message board where fans can discuss freely the positives and negatives of the team in a mature fashion without being ridiculed. Supposedly, this was board for the free and open minded without the censorship and "clique" mentality that goes on over at Extremeskins.com if you aren't always positive, don't agree with the mods, or a "veteran" poster. Wrong! The same immature foolishness goes on here too.

If you guys would rather live in denial and avoid unbiased conversation about the organization by derailing threads then so be it. This type of immaturity is just not something I've come across on other message boards of successful organizations and classier fans. Guess losing not only lowers the morale of the team, but the IQ of the fanbase.
there was nothing in the original post that didn't belong in one of these threads;
  • Skins vs Steelers Week 1 Style
  • Redskins vs. Squealers Gameday Thread
  • Skins vs. Steelers Positives and Negatives
  • Dallas Week!

it did not merit its own thread in any way, shape, or form. that's why we're posting pics of delicious things in here. well, i can't speak for everyone, but that's why i am posting pics of delicious things in here.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:11 PM   #58
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:

Virgil, I think fans here are more seasoned and reserved. A loss to the Steelers (when we were down by 8 w 13 mins to go in the 4th) is not reason to now think Scot is a bad GM, Gruden needs to be fired, Cousins benched and that we will suck forever more.

A lot of posters here probably agree with some of your (obvious) points. The Run D is very bad and was not improved. Gruden and Barry were out coached. But it was week 1 and most posters here can reserve themselves from making sweeping season dooming opinions.

edit - Virgil I also apologize for not responding to your thoughts better. We are here to talk redskins football.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:12 PM   #59
redskinsfan1980

I understand your frustration but I think you have to keep in mind that it's only week one. There is alot of football left to play. These coaches were horrible Monday night. That defense, specifically, the run defense, was embarrassing.
redskinsfan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:25 PM   #60
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Its funny you mention other message boards because you give the outward appearance that you have little experience with them.
You show up here very infrequently, you only have a handful of posts and then start a bombastic thread that is long winded and just flat out long.
TLDR kind of long.
And you have no credibility because no one here knows you.
You're just begging for abuse.