Brian LaFemina Out Less Than 1 Year In

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-27-2018, 03:18 PM   #61
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: Brian LaFemina Out Less Than 1 Year In

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
This has nothing to do with Lafemina’s termination. Lafemina reported to Snyder. Snyder fired him. And while, as fans, we lump everything together as it all represents dysfunction of Snyder’s ownership, lafemina was on the operations side. His firing has nothing to do with what Snyder does on the football side.

Lafemina was fired because he and his guys were getting ready to clean house and get rid of a bunch of long time lower level redskins employees who were “Snyder guys.” Snyder was not pleased with a lot of what Lafemina was doing, and he probably would not have lasted much longer here, but his firing yesterday was a “preemptive strike” from Snyder to keep
Lafemina from firing those guys.

While this reeks of dysfunction, it was on the operations side of things. It may impact the stadium plan, ticketing, concessions, etc, but it has nothing to do with the football side. It is completely independent of Bruce and jays job security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce's primary role is to get a new stadium in DC.
His brother was Gov. of Virginia and has strong ties in DC.
Bruce is here as a politician first, football guy second.

Dan is putting the stadium before the team.

I agree with the rest.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-27-2018, 03:23 PM   #62
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Is there any doubt that Dan still meddles in this organization? I'm absolutely done with this organization in terms of spending until at least Bruce Allen is gone.

The crushed Dan Snyder on The Fan and rightfully so. You definitely should listen.

https://thefandc.radio.com/craig-hof...afemina-firing

I thought this quote summed it up.

Quote:
"(Dan Snyder) brought in Brian Lafemina after some apparent epiphany ... for a fresh set of eyes and a new set of ideas, and essentially for a reality check," Hoffman explained to the Junkies. "And then he proceeded to not like what reality was, and so he fired him."
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:29 PM   #63
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Bruce's primary role is to get a new stadium in DC.
His brother was Gov. of Virginia and has strong ties in DC.
Bruce is here as a politician first, football guy second.

Dan is putting the stadium before the team.

I agree with the rest.

There is no stadium until the team gets right. Period. Here is why. The one thing to get the stadium to be built is to be able to sell seat licenses. You've seen the 49ers/Jets/Giants sell these for 5k-80k. I simply can't see fans or any businesses coughing up those kinds of prices for a shit organization and team.

Now, Dan may try to swindle tax payers by getting the state to pay for it to make up for it.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 12-27-2018, 03:42 PM   #64
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Brian LaFemina Out Less Than 1 Year In

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Is there any doubt that Dan still meddles in this organization? I'm absolutely done with this organization in terms of spending until at least Bruce Allen is gone.

The crushed Dan Snyder on The Fan and rightfully so. You definitely should listen.

https://thefandc.radio.com/craig-hof...afemina-firing

I thought this quote summed it up.

“Meddles with the organization?”

You do realize Snyder OWNS the team, right? He SHOULD be “meddling” with the operations side of the business. That’s his job.

Lafemina seemed like a great guy and everything, but at the end of the day, i don’t give a rats ass about how Snyder manages the non-football side of the business.

As a fan, The only thing i really care about is the product on the field. I care about the GM and everyone who reports to him. I care about the coaching staff. I care about the players.

And as far as i can tell, Snyder has not “meddled” to any unusual degree on that side of things in some time. He’s let those guys do their jobs. However, they’ve been proven ineffective. So now i want Snyder to do some more “meddling.” He needs to fire Bruce or move him to another role where he just focuses on the stadium. And he needs to hire a new, capable GM. That GM can make a decision about what to do with Jay.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:47 PM   #65
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
There is no stadium until the team gets right. Period. Here is why. The one thing to get the stadium to be built is to be able to sell seat licenses. You've seen the 49ers/Jets/Giants sell these for 5k-80k. I simply can't see fans or any businesses coughing up those kinds of prices for a shit organization and team.

Now, Dan may try to swindle tax payers by getting the state to pay for it to make up for it.
You're right and I must add things have changed since the Giants did it. They sold to the many many corporate fans and gave up on the longtime regular fan but corporations could right that stuff off and now they can't. Most people buy their tickets on stub hub or place's like that.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:19 PM   #66
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
“Meddles with the organization?”

You do realize Snyder OWNS the team, right? He SHOULD be “meddling” with the operations side of the business. That’s his job.

Lafemina seemed like a great guy and everything, but at the end of the day, i don’t give a rats ass about how Snyder manages the non-football side of the business.

As a fan, The only thing i really care about is the product on the field. I care about the GM and everyone who reports to him. I care about the coaching staff. I care about the players.

And as far as i can tell, Snyder has not “meddled” to any unusual degree on that side of things in some time. He’s let those guys do their jobs. However, they’ve been proven ineffective. So now i want Snyder to do some more “meddling.” He needs to fire Bruce or move him to another role where he just focuses on the stadium. And he needs to hire a new, capable GM. That GM can make a decision about what to do with Jay.

I think you are in the minority of fans that do not care about the non football side of the team. To many people the game day experience is very important.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:24 PM   #67
MTK
\m/

In the end the business side ties into the football side. For the causal fan the Lafemina stuff is barely a blip on the radar. But it's a very significant thing big picture. It proves that Snyder is not willing to change and on the football side of things we'll continue to see the same old shit show.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:35 PM   #68
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
In the end the business side ties into the football side. For the causal fan the Lafemina stuff is barely a blip on the radar. But it's a very significant thing big picture. It proves that Snyder is not willing to change and on the football side of things we'll continue to see the same old shit show.

I’m going to cut all my bitching and reserve comment until after the season. If Snyder fires Allen and brings in a real GM, then I’ll know he’s serious about change.

5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:41 PM   #69
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I think you are in the minority of fans that do not care about the non football side of the team. To many people the game day experience is very important.

The majority of redskins fans don’t go to games with any regularity - they don’t even live close enough to do so. Like every other team, the redskins have fans all over the country.

For those who do go to games, did you notice a marked improvement this year? It sure didn’t look like it to me watching the games on tv. Fans weren’t showing up!

The football side of things needs to improve and that will bring the fans back. And i would bet that #1 on the wish list of local fans is getting a new stadium in DC. Bruce Allen is evidently doing a good job at that.

I’m not defending the firing of Lafemina. I’m just saying it’s completely irrelevant to the product on the field. Winning fixes everything and Lafemina wasn’t going to help or hurt us in that department.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:49 PM   #70
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
I’m going to cut all my bitching and reserve comment until after the season. If Snyder fires Allen and brings in a real GM, then I’ll know he’s serious about change.

He almost certainly won’t fire allen. Allen is too important to the new stadium project. Best we can hope for is allen is essentially moved into lafeminas old job and Snyder hires a new GM to take care football operations.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:54 PM   #71
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
The majority of redskins fans don’t go to games with any regularity - they don’t even live close enough to do so. Like every other team, the redskins have fans all over the country.

For those who do go to games, did you notice a marked improvement this year? It sure didn’t look like it to me watching the games on tv. Fans weren’t showing up!

The football side of things needs to improve and that will bring the fans back. And i would bet that #1 on the wish list of local fans is getting a new stadium in DC. Bruce Allen is evidently doing a good job at that.

I’m not defending the firing of Lafemina. I’m just saying it’s completely irrelevant to the product on the field. Winning fixes everything and Lafemina wasn’t going to help or hurt us in that department.

I agree but ol' Danny boy might not be aware of this. He seems to be concerned that the stadium is pretty empty on game day. We all know the marketing side of the op would have a much easier time if the football side took care of business. One thing's for sure, we're a long ways removed from the days where the stadium would sell out even with a shit team playing. That's a good thing for us, and even Danny can't ignore it.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:26 PM   #72
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
This.

Now you see why he's a Trump supporter. He's a direct clone of him. Horrible business man who's unethical and cons people. His ego will not allow him to admit mistake and change. Also hates the press because they expose his flaws and ineptness.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:37 PM   #73
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
This.

Now you see why he's a Trump supporter. He's a direct clone of him. Horrible business man who's unethical and cons people. His ego will not allow him to admit mistake and change. Also hates the press because they expose his flaws and ineptness.
Yea a direct clone.

Tweets constantly, always in front of the camera saying crazy stuff. Promotes his line of trucker caps and gives everyone nicknames.

Snyder was actually a good business man. He is pretty much self-made.

Doesn't mean anything when it comes to running an NFL team but no revisionist history here please.

He is the exact opposite of a Trump clone.

There is a political forum!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2018, 07:15 PM   #74
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Yea a direct clone.

Tweets constantly, always in front of the camera saying crazy stuff. Promotes his line of trucker caps and gives everyone nicknames.

Snyder was actually a good business man. He is pretty much self-made.

Doesn't mean anything when it comes to running an NFL team but no revisionist history here please.

He is the exact opposite of a Trump clone.

There is a political forum!

You really don't know shit about Snyder based off this comment. First off, he made his bank from a telecom (robo-call) business that was slammed for illegally changing people's long distance service without their knowledge or approval. Right about the time he was being handed a 3.1 million fine for his activities in the scheme. He soon sold the company at the peak only to see legislation against robo-calling and watched the company plummet in value. Had he sold it about 6 months later, he wouldn't be owning the Skins right about now.

Also another fun fact. He owed his business partners in GTE 3 milllion from a previously failed business venture.

Snyder isn't some business man that is self made. He got lucky and did unethical and illegal things to get there, with good timing. Has any of his other businesses ever panned out? Not hardly. So yeah, he is in a way like Trump. He's conned people into thinking he's a good businessman, much like you. His ego is too fucking huge to admit he's wrong, and he's not ever going to change until he dies.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:34 PM   #75
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
You really don't know shit about Snyder based off this comment. First off, he made his bank from a telecom (robo-call) business that was slammed for illegally changing people's long distance service without their knowledge or approval. Right about the time he was being handed a 3.1 million fine for his activities in the scheme. He soon sold the company at the peak only to see legislation against robo-calling and watched the company plummet in value. Had he sold it about 6 months later, he wouldn't be owning the Skins right about now.

Also another fun fact. He owed his business partners in GTE 3 milllion from a previously failed business venture.

Snyder isn't some business man that is self made. He got lucky and did unethical and illegal things to get there, with good timing. Has any of his other businesses ever panned out? Not hardly. So yeah, he is in a way like Trump. He's conned people into thinking he's a good businessman, much like you. His ego is too fucking huge to admit he's wrong, and he's not ever going to change until he dies.
Not starting with money and ending up worth a couple billion dollars is the definition of self made here in VA.

Not sure how it's defined in NC.