Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Offseason starts now: A Redskins players thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-28-2019, 12:14 PM   #151
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Offseason starts now: A Redskins players thread

Per Keim today talking about the OL:

"A lot more needs to be focused on the TE blocking. Improve that and you will see a more consistent run game. this is the details of the game; not all is placed on the OL."

Keim reading chico posts again. Ill say it again, its time to move on from Vernon Davis and Reed as TE they give us zilch in the run game

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-28-2019, 01:16 PM   #152
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Ill say it again, its time to move on from Vernon Davis and Reed as TE they give us zilch in the run game
We save 11M against the cap if we cut them before June 1 (2M more if we cut/trade Reed post June 1). Seems like a no-brainer to move on from both of them, given their recent level of production (or lack thereof).
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:43 PM   #153
Irrefutable
The Starter

trade back in the first round and pick TJ Hockenson TE..... Gronk 2.0... good blocker and receiver

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/ds...2019&genpos=TE
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:18 PM   #154
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
trade back in the first round and pick TJ Hockenson TE..... Gronk 2.0... good blocker and receiver

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/ds...2019&genpos=TE
Not dissing the player but we have far too many other needs to draft a TE in the first round. Its a position that can be filled in free agency and in the later rounds relatively economically (compared to other positions) and we need to be smart about where we allocate money due to the dead money committed to Smith. Cooley has RAVED about Sprinkle more than any TE I can remember. I think we would be just fine going with Sprinkle as our starter and then backing up the spot with inexpensive FA or late round pick/UDFA
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:59 PM   #155
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Not dissing the player but we have far too many other needs to draft a TE in the first round. Its a position that can be filled in free agency and in the later rounds relatively economically (compared to other positions) and we need to be smart about where we allocate money due to the dead money committed to Smith. Cooley has RAVED about Sprinkle more than any TE I can remember. I think we would be just fine going with Sprinkle as our starter and then backing up the spot with inexpensive FA or late round pick/UDFA
They need receivers and a TE that can stretch the field and BLOCK will help both the passing game and running game. Even if Sprinkle can block, they need at least 2 TEs. Also, the extra pick (2nd or 3rd round) can be used anywhere.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:35 PM   #156
skinsfan69
Living Legend

IMO TE is a need, just like pretty much every position on this team. Name me one position where we don't have a need? When we pick if a d-linemen was BPA I'd take him. We have needs at every position.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:07 PM   #157
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

I think they need to resign AP, Ha Ha, Jonathon Cooper, Jamison Crowder, and Maurice Harris. Focus on the power running game and play action as the focal point of the offense. Sign Mike Iupati for LG, Landon Collins Safety. I would draft Devin White ILB, Tyree Jackson QB, and the fastest WR in the draft and move forward.

If we win great... if we lose, be in the position to draft Trevor Lawrence.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:12 PM   #158
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
I think they need to resign AP, Ha Ha, Jonathon Cooper, Jamison Crowder, and Maurice Harris. Focus on the power running game and play action as the focal point of the offense. Sign Mike Iupati for LG, Landon Collins Safety. I would draft Devin White ILB, Tyree Jackson QB, and the fastest WR in the draft and move forward.

If we win great... if we lose, be in the position to draft Trevor Lawrence.
You cannot be serious. AP will not sign for a minimal contract again. LOL on HaHa. No thanks on Crowder or Harris. Or Iupati and Collins.

And Lawrence will not be eligible for the draft.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:01 PM   #159
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
You cannot be serious. AP will not sign for a minimal contract again. LOL on HaHa. No thanks on Crowder or Harris. Or Iupati and Collins.

And Lawrence will not be eligible for the draft.
We have no idea if AP will get legit offers or not. At least if he comes back here, he knows he will get carries behind Guice. Might not be too many teams interested in signing AP to a feature role, and if that's the case we have as good a chance as anyone plus the bonus of familiarity. I'd bring him back if the price is right.

Haha will get something decent in FA if he walks, but again, coming off a weak 2nd half of the season with us he might not get the offer he wants. If that's the case, look for him to possibly bet on himself with a 1-2 year deal with us with an opt out. I'm sure he'd like to see what he can do with an offseason to study and learn the D.

Crowder I'd bring back if the price is right.

Harris might get squeezed if we upgrade at WR, which should absolutely be a must fill this year.

Iupati? No idea if he's still good or not but if he's healthy I would say he's definitely a better option than Lauvao.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:05 PM   #160
MTK
\m/

Enough with Mo Harris already, he hasn’t done shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2019, 06:43 PM   #161
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Enough with Mo Harris already, he hasn’t done shit

You could literally insert 85 % of our roster into that sentence and it would still make sense.
Guice, Scherff, Moses, TW, Allen, Payne, Dunbar, Hopkins, Way. Not many others that I actually care if I ever see in the B & G again. Were fuckin light years away.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:40 PM   #162
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
They need receivers and a TE that can stretch the field and BLOCK will help both the passing game and running game. Even if Sprinkle can block, they need at least 2 TEs. Also, the extra pick (2nd or 3rd round) can be used anywhere.

We have flannigan. I misspoke earlier. Flannigan is the one Cooley’s been raving about

Old 01-29-2019, 10:09 PM   #163
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You could literally insert 85 % of our roster into that sentence and it would still make sense.
Guice, Scherff, Moses, TW, Allen, Payne, Dunbar, Hopkins, Way. Not many others that I actually care if I ever see in the B & G again. Were fuckin light years away.
Did you say Scherff and Trent? GTFO

Old 01-29-2019, 11:32 PM   #164
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Did you say Scherff and Trent? GTFO

Hard to tell but I think that's the list of keepers. I'd put Kerrigan on the list too but that's just me.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 12:30 AM   #165
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Truth hurts. Why make me sad?
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote