Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Old games available

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-15-2021, 10:16 AM   #1
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Old games available

I’m not sure if this is allowed, or if this is the right place, so please delete or move as necessary. I came across this site on the Native American Redskins Fans Facebook page. Of course I was a little hesitant, but I bought a few games and going through them now. So far everything is as advertised. If you remember the good old days, there might be some stuff on here for you. Also, I do not own or work for this site.

https://www.classicsportsrevisited.c...ibbs-1st-stint.

Advertisements
Old 05-15-2021, 12:52 PM   #2
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Re: Old games available

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
I’m not sure if this is allowed, or if this is the right place, so please delete or move as necessary. I came across this site on the Native American Redskins Fans Facebook page. Of course I was a little hesitant, but I bought a few games and going through them now. So far everything is as advertised. If you remember the good old days, there might be some stuff on here for you. Also, I do not own or work for this site.

https://www.classicsportsrevisited.c...ibbs-1st-stint.
I'll take your word that everything via the games are on the up and up, but I have a hunch the entities which is being sold aren't aware. Get all the money while they can.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:01 PM   #3
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
I'll take your word that everything via the games are on the up and up, but I have a hunch the entities which is being sold aren't aware. Get all the money while they can.
Oh I know it’s not NFL licensed, but the NFL is stupid for not selling old games. Can you imagine if they charged like $5 bucks a game how much they’d make? And give some of the profit to the vets. I’ve never understood that. But I got the Holy Grail game....the Strike Team beating Dallas on Monday Night.
Old 05-15-2021, 01:09 PM   #4
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Oh I know it’s not NFL licensed, but the NFL is stupid for not selling old games. Can you imagine if they charged like $5 bucks a game how much they’d make? And give some of the profit to the vets. I’ve never understood that. But I got the Holy Grail game....the Strike Team beating Dallas on Monday Night.
I agree in regards to the NFL not selling old games. I've wondered that for years. They'd make a killing doing so as many fans would easily fork over $20-$25 for a collection of an entire season of games via their favorite team (of course, it'd have to be for a good season).
Old 05-15-2021, 01:11 PM   #5
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
I agree in regards to the NFL not selling old games. I've wondered that for years. They'd make a killing doing so as many fans would easily fork over $20-$25 for a collection of an entire season of games via their favorite team (of course, it'd have to be for a good season).
Who here wouldn’t pay $20 a game for all the wins in the ‘91 season?
Old 05-15-2021, 01:37 PM   #6
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Honestly, I wouldn't pay $20 a game, but I'd pay that much for the entire season.
Old 05-15-2021, 01:55 PM   #7
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Agreed, and $685 for 12 seasons is nearly $60 per season. Personally that's almost extortionate. Any evidence of the quality? It's bad enough it'll be low res without knowing whether its original broadcast quality or some poor quality rip from VHS. Not even an option to buy a season at a time to judge the quality, it's all or nothing. Excuse my scepticism...
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 02:36 PM   #8
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Agreed, and $685 for 12 seasons is nearly $60 per season. Personally that's almost extortionate. Any evidence of the quality? It's bad enough it'll be low res without knowing whether its original broadcast quality or some poor quality rip from VHS. Not even an option to buy a season at a time to judge the quality, it's all or nothing. Excuse my scepticism...
I bought 4 games to check them out and they were $5 each. Quality varies by the source of the original game. It’s not like watching games today, that’s for sure. If you search the site, you can see all the games they have available.
Old 05-15-2021, 02:53 PM   #9
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
You do realize that $60 a season is $3.75 a game. That’s really not a bad price. But, I will say the game I’m currently watching is a little less desirable quality wise, but it is from 1987, which was quite a while ago. I guess it al depends on what you consider decent quality.
Old 05-15-2021, 03:35 PM   #10
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

I just ordered some games from 2015 and 2016 and will let you know if the quality improves. Right now I’d say if you’re ordering older games, be prepared for a wide range of video quality.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:58 AM   #11
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Or some of Sean Taylor's best games.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:10 PM   #12
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
I just ordered some games from 2015 and 2016 and will let you know if the quality improves. Right now I’d say if you’re ordering older games, be prepared for a wide range of video quality.
Thanks for this.

I might roll the dice on a few, but obviously the further you go back, the more stone age the quality.

I have the official NFL DVD of the Skins' 3 Super Bowl wins. The 1st one against Miami is more than watchable but is still a bit primitive compared to other two, let alone today's technology. Also strange to watch a SB completely devoid of the hype and glitz that we now take for granted.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:34 PM   #13
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

You guys might want to try youtube there are full games there going back a ways for free.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:34 PM   #14
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
You guys might want to try youtube there are full games there going back a ways for free.
Forgot about that. I have seen a REALLY old one from the Sammy Baugh era that is colorized. Pretty wild.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:00 PM   #15
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I bought quite a few of these games on ebay and a couple other sites like that one,but it's been years ago,ebay doesnt let you sell them now and hasnt for years.I bought all the redskin games I wanted and every Superbowl up to that point in time,then I made copies and started selling them on ebay,then I got kicked off ebay for selling them
It was so long ago that a lot of my collection was vhs that I then copied over to dvd and some dvds I bought.Still have all of them.