Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Obama Years- A GOP love story

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #46
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: The Obama Years- A GOP love story

I think some of you NObama fans might enjoy these Obama highlights since his time in office.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Obama extends Patriot Act without reform - [1]

President Obama, Congress passes bill to extend Patriot Act despite Sen. Rand Paul delay - NY Daily News

Obama sends more troops to Afghanistan (2009) - [2]

BBC News - Barack Obama orders 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan

Obama signs NDAA 2011 (and 2012, and 2013) - [3]

President Obama Signed the National Defense Authorization Act - Now What? - Forbes

Obama appeals the Federal Court decision that “indefinite detention” is unconstitutional - [4]

Obama Administration Appeals NDAA Ruling - Business Insider

Obama uses his Presidential Drone “Kill List” to kill American cleric without trial -[5]

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/07/wo....html?_r=2&hp&

and his 16 year old son in a separate strike - [6]

Anwar al-Awlaki’s family speaks out against his, son’s deaths - The Washington Post

Continues to approve drone strikes that kill thousands of innocent civilians including women and children in Pakistan, Yemen, and other countries that do not want the US intervening - [7]

One in three killed by US drones in Pakistan is a civilian, report claims - Telegraph

Protects Bush’s war crimes as State Secrets - [8] [9] [10]

Obama wins the right to invoke “State Secrets” to protect Bush crimes - Salon.com

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/0...orse-than-bush

In Torture Cases, Obama Toes Bush Line | The Washington Independent

Waives sections of a law meant to prevent the recruitment of child soldiers in Africa in order to deepen military relationship with countries that have poor human rights records -[11]

Why is Obama easing restrictions on child soldiers? - By Josh Rogin | The Cable

Appointing Monsanto, GMO company with multiple unsafe practice violations, lobbyist to head the FDA - [12]

Monsanto petition tells Obama: ‘Cease FDA ties to Monsanto’ - WorldViews - The Washington Post

Continuing prohibition and Federal attacks on marijuana dispensaries that are legal pursuant with state law - [13]

LiveLeak.com - Obama proven to lie about wasteful DEA dispensary raids in legalized marijuana states

Protects AG Holder from Congressional “Fast and Furious” gun walking investigations - [14]

White House Invokes Executive Privilege on ‘Fast and Furious’ Documents - ABC News

Bringing no charges against bank executives that misused bailouts - [15]

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/op...unishment.html

Engaging in a war on whistleblowers - [16]

The Obama administration's war on whistleblowers | The Daily Caller

Grants immunity to CIA torturers - [17]

Obama's justice department grants final immunity to Bush's CIA torturers | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Quadrupling Bush's warrantless wiretapping program - [18]

ACLU: Obama Has Quadrupled Warrantless Wiretaps

Continuing military tribunals he vowed to end - [19]

Obama orders resumption of military commissions at Guantanamo - CNN

Allowed innocent man to die at gitmo - [20]

Suzanne Nossel: With the Death of Adnan Latif, So Must Come the Death of Guantanamo

Violating the War Powers Act of 1973 - [21]

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/21/op...1Ackerman.html

Signed Anti-protest law - [22]

Obama signs anti-protest Trespass Bill — RT USA

Deported more immigrants than any other president - [23]

PolitiFact | Has Barack Obama deported more people than any other president in U.S. history?

Increasing Drug War budget - [24]

The National Drug Control Budget: FY 2013 Funding Highlights | The White House

Defends raids on Amish raw milk farmers - [25]

Obama Food Safety Czar Defends Armed Raids on Amish Farmers, Raw Milk Producers - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Granting the FBI access to private electronic communication without warrant - [26]

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/30/op...fri1.html?_r=3

Building an even more intrusive TSA - [27]

PressTV - TSA funding up in 2012

Says it’s legal to track individuals by pinpointing their cellphone without warrant - [28]

Government Says Its To Track Cell Phones - Business Insider

Renewing FISA and NSA’s unregulated spying and banking of all wireless communication - [29] [30]

Uncle Sam Is Watching You: Stop FISA Renewal

Whistleblower: The NSA Is Lying–U.S. Government Has Copies of Most of Your Emails | Democracy Now!

Appeals SCOTUS ruling that warrantless installation of tracking devices on cars is unconstitutional - [31]

Obama Administration Argues No Warrant Required for GPS Tracking of Citizens

Nominates JP Morgan defense lawyer to head the SEC, the regulatory agency in charge of keeping Wall Street in line - [32]

Choice of Mary Jo White to Head SEC Puts Fox In Charge of Hen House | Matt Taibbi | Rolling Stone
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #47
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Obama Administration Says President Can Use Lethal Force Against Americans on US Soil | Mother Jones

Obama is the new Judge Dredd. No man should have this power, and still not sure how he does.

How in the hell did this guy end up a Nobel Peace Prize winner? They should take that shit back from him.

Going back to this. Rand Paul had a good speech today during session. He brings up great points and points the President needs to address.

Live Video - C-SPAN2 | C-SPAN
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 03-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #48
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Remember when President Obama supported the sequester cuts?

First he was for it. Now it's all scare tactics.

Last year the Republican House passed two bills to have cuts instead of a sequester. What has Obama and the Democratic Senate put together, together or each on their own?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #49
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

House Democrats demand Obama release ‘full legal basis’ for drone strikes | The Raw Story

Something you don't see often. Democrats calling out a Democrat President.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #50
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Still the party of stupid.

Alaska Rep. Don Young rebuked over slur - latimes.com

Quote:
“My father had a ranch; we used to have 50-60 wetbacks to pick tomatoes,” he told KRBD. “It takes two people to pick the same tomatoes now. It’s all done by machine.”

Old 04-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #51
firstdown
Living Legend

I'd say use a drone on Chicagos inner city. Not really but it just shows what happens when you take away the general populations right to protect themself.

Hundreds of teens mob pedestrians on Chicago's Magnificent Mile - U.S. News
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #52
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'd say use a drone on Chicagos inner city. Not really but it just shows what happens when you take away the general populations right to protect themself.

Hundreds of teens mob pedestrians on Chicago's Magnificent Mile - U.S. News
Eventually, those cities will end up like Detroit. People will move away due to the violence, as will businesses, and it'll be a crime infested place. I'm sure the local politicians will blame the unions on this as well.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #53
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Let's check in with our good friend Scott Walker and see how his job creation is coming along.

The National Memo » LOL Of The Week: Scott Walker Keeps Blaming Workers

From 11th to 44th. Those policies are working great bud! I guess it's time to continue to blame the workers and unions. /facepalm
Old 04-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #54
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

New Evidence That Team Obama Misled Us About the Drone War - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

Old 04-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #55
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

You can complain or you can make a little effort:

Strip Obama's Nobel Peace Prize - Petition
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #56
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

/facepalm

Our Congress is so incompetent and corrupt it's all but over for us as a nation. Enjoy your new corporate masters.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Oil companies target America for investment - May. 8, 2013

All the dumb f*cks who think drill baby drill is the way to cheaper gas need to read this article.

We are producing more oil than ever and are producing so much energy we dont know how where to store it (see natural gas).

Why are these gas pricing still threw the f*cking roof? They affect everyone's daily life, from prices at the store, travel, small businesses...

We as a country need to wake the f*ck up, I cant believe this is not more of an issue.

Oil companies, wall street speculators, and the federal government are working together to keep these prices up.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #58
dmek25
MVP

^^^ nice post
Old 05-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #59
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

I blame scientists.
We should be off of fossil fuels by now.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #60
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Oil companies target America for investment - May. 8, 2013

All the dumb f*cks who think drill baby drill is the way to cheaper gas need to read this article.

We are producing more oil than ever and are producing so much energy we dont know how where to store it (see natural gas).

Why are these gas pricing still threw the f*cking roof? They affect everyone's daily life, from prices at the store, travel, small businesses...

We as a country need to wake the f*ck up, I cant believe this is not more of an issue.

Oil companies, wall street speculators, and the federal government are working together to keep these prices up.

Bravo!!!!!