MLB 2014 Season

Other Sports

Old 01-21-2015, 08:51 AM   #136
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: MLB 2014 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
We'll I have watched SS a hell of a lot and I remain unconvinced he is actually an ace. He's a emotional midget on the mound. Huge talent, weak makeup, injury risk. I'd trade him now in a heart beat for a good deal.

Zimmerman I love but it looks like they are resigned to the idea that he really only wants to test the market and possibly get closer to his home in Wisconsin. Signing scherzer guards against losing Zimmerman for nothing. In general though I don't like these big contracts for SPs.

They need to find a way to ink Desmond. I know they're high on the new prospect they got for Souza but he's a few years out and by then desi could slide to 2nd.
Yeah, I think now you should move SS and you should be able to get a goldmine for him. But still think 210 was way too much for Max. Hasnt been great in the post season either.

I think if they let both Zimmerman and SS walk its a massive mistake.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-21-2015, 02:08 PM   #137
FRPLG
MVP

SS's secret issue is that he can't throw fastballs consistently for strikes or even location. When he loses it's because he leaves fastballs over the plate (which is often). I also believe strongly that his motion lacks anything remotely resembling deceiving. I think he loses an effective 3-4 MPHs because he lacks the ability to hide the ball during delivery. Great pitchers, whether they throw hard or not, have deception in their delivery that make it exceedingly difficult for batters to identify pitches. SS brings that ball straight back and then out wide of his body and just shows the batter where the ball is coming from.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:38 PM   #138
over the mountain
Playmaker

i hope the Os file tampering charges against the Blue Jays.

just complete BS from them and Duquette.

now i know why no one wanted dan duquetee for 10 yers before the Os rescued him from baseball obscurity .... he flakes and always wants to leave his current team.

last year he and his wife were thanking the Os for taking a chance on him, giving his career a second chance ..... now he has been in secret talks w the blue jays to leave us?

eff you dan duquette. half the success goes to andy mcphail who built the young roster that is coming into their own.

now that compensation talks have stoped, we are stuck with a guy who doesnt want to be here and, not surprisingly, hasnt done jack this offseason so far.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:47 AM   #139
over the mountain
Playmaker

Jones on Markakis: I'm glad he said something' | Comcast SportsNet Baltimore

imo I think FA have been reluctant to do a physical w the Os bc of how their medical staff screwed that closer last offseason.

I dont think Manny trusts the Os medical team as well.

Sounds like none of the players do.