Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins trade for Alex Smith

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Do you approve of the trade for Alex Smith?
Yes 50 58.14%
No 36 41.86%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2018, 12:14 PM   #781
Dan73
Special Teams

Re: Redskins trade for Alex Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Yes. I also mean this guy:

Mike McCartney | Priority Sports & Entertainment | www.prioritysports.biz | Chicago . Los Angeles . Sports Agency

Being a Christian doesn't mean being humble and pious in the sports agent world. He wouldn't have any clients if he advised them to take less to prove their faith. At this point you're just being ridiculous.
I understand for many it is a marketing ploy, to be used in business or politics. Doesn't mean it is biblical.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Dan73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2018, 12:19 PM   #782
Dan73
Special Teams

Re: Redskins Trade for Alex Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Check out @Cianaf’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/97...818123264?s=09

Interesting stat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Makes wonder how Pyror would fair with Smith.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:20 PM   #783
Dan73
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Haters are truly going to hate

I can’t wait to see Dan73’s head explode when Kirk cashes in lol
Nope he will be some other teams Haynesworth.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:35 PM   #784
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan73 View Post

So you're comparing Kirk Cousins to Albert Haynesworth ?

Someone call 911 this fool has overdose on kool/aid !
Old 03-04-2018, 01:03 PM   #785
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan73 View Post

You’re ridiculous
Old 03-04-2018, 01:09 PM   #786
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Check out @Cianaf’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/97...818123264?s=09

Interesting stat.

This is really interesting data! I'm curious to see what Garcon and DJax's stats with Cousins are.. Alex Smith trade is looking better as time goes by; I look forward to see what Jay and Alex will do this fall.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:21 PM   #787
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
This is really interesting data! I'm curious to see what Garcon and DJax's stats with Cousins are.. Alex Smith trade is looking better as time goes by; I look forward to see what Jay and Alex will do this fall.
How is this stat worthwhile? IMO, it has nothing to do with Kirk's accuracy and everything to do with Doctson's incompetence and softness as a WR. Doctson didn't have a clue on how to run a pass route - any pass route. Also, he was so easily jammed at the LOS that the timing of plays was often immediately thrown off. We all saw Doctson play week after week so I don't know why we should let some stats geek turn this indicator of Doctson's poor play as a WR into a criticism of KC as a QB.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:25 PM   #788
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
How is this stat worthwhile? IMO, it has nothing to do with Kirk's accuracy and everything to do with Doctson's incompetence and softness as a WR. Doctson didn't have a clue on how to run a pass route - any pass route. Also, he was so easily jammed at the LOS that the timing of plays was often immediately thrown off. We all saw Doctson play week after week so I don't know why we should let some stats geek turn this indicator of Doctson's poor play as a WR into a criticism of KC as a QB.
Especially with how many perfectly thrown balls he dropped!

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #789
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
There was a well respected scouting guy a couple weeks ago saying something similar (I'll have to find it and repost it), that what he saw on tape was that Alex Smith is better at hitting his receivers in stride and throwing them open, which suggests that Cousins was pled effective at this skill. This stat would seem to reflect his breakdown of film. It's something worth considering.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:31 PM   #790
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
There was a well respected scouting guy a couple weeks ago saying something similar (I'll have to find it and repost it), that what he saw on tape was that Alex Smith is better at hitting his receivers in stride and throwing them open, which suggests that Cousins was pled effective at this skill. This stat would seem to reflect his breakdown of film. It's something worth considering.

This:

Check out @BR_DougFarrar’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/BR_DougFarrar/st...503312897?s=09

Old 03-04-2018, 01:39 PM   #791
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I hope Smith is an upgrade.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:19 PM   #792
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:

Look at comments after the first statement; Kirk didn't do well with Ryan Grant and Crowder too. I noticed Kirk wasn't accurate at all times during games but I didn't realize how frequently it happened until just now. This is not to bash Kirk's game, I hoped we would find a way to sign Kirk to a long term contract but it didn't work out the way most of us hoped. Now with how this whole situation is unfolding, I'm starting to be happy with how Redskins FO are trying to make best out of this difficult situation. We all know Kirk will be highest paid QB and people will expect Kirk to do more than what people expect from game manager because of the contract he will get. I do not want Redskins to spend that kind of money on a QB who is game manager and cannot throw accurate balls all times.

And this is coming from a person who works as quality improvement - collect and analyze data.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:20 PM   #793
Dan73
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Look at comments after the first statement; Kirk didn't do well with Ryan Grant and Crowder too. I noticed Kirk wasn't accurate at all times during games but I didn't realize how frequently it happened until just now. This is not to bash Kirk's game, I hoped we would find a way to sign Kirk to a long term contract but it didn't work out the way most of us hoped. Now with how this whole situation is unfolding, I'm starting to be happy with how Redskins FO are trying to make best out of this difficult situation. We all know Kirk will be highest paid QB and people will expect Kirk to do more than what people expect from game manager because of the contract he will get. I do not want Redskins to spend that kind of money on a QB who is game manager and cannot throw accurate balls all times.

And this is coming from a person who works as quality improvement - collect and analyze data.
If he does get highest paid it will be for a short time only. Aaron Rodgers apparently is waiting to see what Cousins gets before doing his contract.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:41 PM   #794
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Who is this Kirk Cousins guy everyone is talking about?

Alex Smith is our QB and we're winning 10+ games this year.

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:42 PM   #795
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think Rodgers is waiting on Brees and Cousins, and rightly so -- with 2 years left on his deal and both sides agreeing on his importance, it is reasonable to see the market.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote