Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Fans at Fed Ex

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2020, 01:26 AM   #31
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,809
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I actually maybe crazy .. but not having the fans in the stand last Sunday helped Washington!! Can you imagine the crowd down 17 ?? Although it could have been a eagles advantage based on last years home games ...


I firmly believe it helped them too. No doubt there would have been some B & G mixed in to a sea of green if it was filled with fans. Our home crowd is just the other teams away crowd. At least now they can imagine the seats full of their own fans.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-18-2020, 01:42 AM   #32
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 9,261
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It affects everyone different. Luckily you were not one that it affected badly. Glad you are ok. Really glad.
That being said you have absolutely no idea if any of them would have died without getting it.
And you have absolutely no idea they wouldn't have. That's the juxtaposition here. No one knows. This has never been seen before in our lifetimes.

That's why we all (myself as much or more than anyone) need to be more open to opinions that aren't in line with our own.

This whole if you don't think like X, you're an idiot helps nothing.

Note - I replied to your post but am not accusing you of doing this. Was more of a general statement that fit in line with your post.
__________________
I'm not better than anyone, my shit stinks, and I'm biased as fu*k.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:17 AM   #33
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 2,343
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Come on man. Nobody is trying to scare anyone. 200,000 deaths should be scary regardless of who writes what about it. Our impatience and paranoia about this being some sort of fear tactic is why the virus is running rampant in this country unlike any other. Sometimes there is just a shitty situation. This is a terribly shitty situation. The longer we fight the protocol the longer it will go on. That is the ironic thing. It isnít the person going to the game that I fear for, because like you said it is their choice. But after said event those 25,000 people go back into their communities. The rest of those people who chose not to go are now at risk that it could have been a super spreader event. It isnít conspiracy or fear tactic it is just science. We keep fighting what the doctors and scientists tell us and we will keep dying at a higher rate than the rest of the world. If we all Follow their advice we will be done with this shit sooner, but instead we are fighting it.
Also when was the last time 200,000 people died in plane crashes in 7 months? Or car crashes? To your point though if that did occur you can bet your ass i wouldnít be flying or fucking driving until they figured out wtf was going on.

This. If folks want to make this choice, then also choose not to get treated if you test positive. Transmission is preventable. Unless we keep acting stupidly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:19 AM   #34
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 2,343
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Im trying to live my life, and the sooner everyone follows the ďdoctorsĒ and ďscientists ď advice the sooner I can do that. FACT is Covid has killed 200,000 people- regardless of underlying conditions - FACT is those people wouldnít have died if not for covid. Does it make it better that they had an underlying issue and covid took it over the top? FACT is it is killing more people and infecting more people in this country than almost any other. How many people have you heard that survived it saying ďit is no fuckin jokeĒ that weíre talking about this like it is the flu BEFORE they got it?
Why doesnít anyone have the regular flu? Because we are barely out of August. Lol. FACT is It hasnít been flu season since the pandemic started. Get back to me in a few weeks on that one.

Fact - when the flu season hit we are going to be in a world of hurt. And it is possible to get flu and COVID.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:22 AM   #35
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 2,343
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
We've been saying that for 8 months and yet the numbers haven't exactly gone down to manageable levels. If only there was some sort of trusted expert we could all turn to for advice on how to stop the spread.

FYI, driving a car is more risky than flying in an airplane. Anyways, I really wouldn't have a problem with limited capacity at sporting events if we could all just agree the bare fucking minimum you can do is wear a mask in public places. But this country is so goddamn lazy and literally everything has to be politicized so goddamn much we can't even agree on that.

Because people havenít followed the advice. In countries that took sheltering in place, social distancing, and masking wearing more seriously than we have, the numbers speak for themselves. Theyíve been able to get back to normal or close to it while we languish. The numbers arenít down to manageable levels because people arenít exercising good judgment.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:05 AM   #36
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 9,261
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Because people havenít followed the advice. In countries that took sheltering in place, social distancing, and masking wearing more seriously than we have, the numbers speak for themselves. Theyíve been able to get back to normal or close to it while we languish. The numbers arenít down to manageable levels because people arenít exercising good judgment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A lot of people can and should be exhausted by government telling them what they are allowed or not allowed to do, while they get their guaranteed checks. Why we should all love government mandates perplexes me because this country was founded on telling the ruling class to go fuck themselves. Nowadays it seems like we worship government and fight freedom. All hail government!!
__________________
I'm not better than anyone, my shit stinks, and I'm biased as fu*k.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:11 AM   #37
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,809
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
A lot of people can and should be exhausted by government telling them what they are allowed or not allowed to do, while they get their guaranteed checks. Why we should all love government mandates perplexes me because this country was founded on telling the ruling class to go fuck themselves. Nowadays it seems like we worship government and fight freedom. All hail government!!


Sorry SD cant let the inmates run the asylum. You might wind up with gun toting, racist, wanna be cops blowing people away in the streets.....
This country was founded over two hundred years ago. Things are a tad bit different today.....but letís not act like we live in Russia or China. If Trump gets re elected we can probably act that way......
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:33 AM   #38
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,605
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
sorry sd cant let the inmates run the asylum. You might wind up with gun toting, racist, wanna be cops blowing people away in the streets.....
This country was founded over two hundred years ago. Things are a tad bit different today.....but letís not act like we live in russia or china. If trump gets re elected we can probably act that way......
amen! +1 !
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:36 AM   #39
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,182
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
A portion of those 200,000 would have died from their conditions and likely a good percentage, but who can know since its all fluid. At 53 and somewhat overweight I got Covid. And guess what - I survived, didnt ever need to go to the hospital, and was feeling truly under the weather for 2 days. I was tired for about a week. That's it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I'm glad you got over it quickly. The people I know who had in were in their 30s, two of that group are marathon runners, they still have breathing and heart rhythm issues. One doesn't need underlying conditions to get this.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:06 AM   #40
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,500
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Follow whoís advice ?? For every so called expert that says one thing I can show you other experts that Say different .. how come nobody has the regular FLU ?? There are more people that are gonna die because of non treatment of cancer and other serious health issues because they could not see a Dr.. so some guy had covid but was well enough to attend football game ??? My bet is over half the people on this forum would test positive ... even the test are suspect ... you do realize that out of the 200,000 thousand that died ..less than 10,000 died from covid only .. the rest of the deaths were other serious health issues that combined with covid resulted in death ... these are facts !! live your life ..
you took the words right out of my mouth.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:24 AM   #41
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,500
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Come on man. Nobody is trying to scare anyone. 200,000 deaths should be scary regardless of who writes what about it. Our impatience and paranoia about this being some sort of fear tactic is why the virus is running rampant in this country unlike any other. Sometimes there is just a shitty situation. This is a terribly shitty situation. The longer we fight the protocol the longer it will go on. That is the ironic thing. It isnít the person going to the game that I fear for, because like you said it is their choice. But after said event those 25,000 people go back into their communities. The rest of those people who chose not to go are now at risk that it could have been a super spreader event. It isnít conspiracy or fear tactic it is just science. We keep fighting what the doctors and scientists tell us and we will keep dying at a higher rate than the rest of the world. If we all Follow their advice we will be done with this shit sooner, but instead we are fighting it.
Also when was the last time 200,000 people died in plane crashes in 7 months? Or car crashes? To your point though if that did occur you can bet your ass i wouldnít be flying or fucking driving until they figured out wtf was going on.
my point was the article has no truths to it. 'Fan who attended Chiefs- Texans game tests positive for Covid' ... Really? The person that wrote it could have also said that that person also tested positive for going to the grocery store. There was no point mentioning the game at all except to get eyeballs on it.

That''s has how this entire Covid deal has been covered. If you turn on CNN right now they have a Covid death tracker. If you actually believe that 200,000 have died in the states directly from Covid then I have oceanfront property to sell you in Kansas.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:49 AM   #42
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 26,488
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
my point was the article has no truths to it. 'Fan who attended Chiefs- Texans game tests positive for Covid' ... Really? The person that wrote it could have also said that that person also tested positive for going to the grocery store. There was no point mentioning the game at all except to get eyeballs on it.

That''s has how this entire Covid deal has been covered. If you turn on CNN right now they have a Covid death tracker. If you actually believe that 200,000 have died in the states directly from Covid then I have oceanfront property to sell you in Kansas.
Coronabros donít care about the science or facts. They donít care of limited to no evidence of spread between children to adults. They donít care to see the Overwhelming majority of deaths are Over the age of 50 or someone with underlying condition. How after the first 2-3 week of return of students to colleges in the south and southeast where approximate 11k tested positive But with zero hospitalizations. They actively seek to politicize the facts. Itís pathetic
__________________
The League Done Messed Up
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:49 AM   #43
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,500
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

It's so funny cause the LA mayor- Garcetti ( did his dad prosecute OJ?) was actually in the streets, side by side w/ thousands of the protesters - many were not even wearing masks- but he won't let people be spread out at a game??? WTF. What a straight up phony son of a bitch. Where were the possible spreading of Covid stories about that?? He is right there not wearing a mask himself with thousands of idiots all around him. Go look it up, it's on You Tube. Same thing with that weak ass mayor in Minneapolis.

The media and these liberal mayors just get under my fucking skin- and I have worked in media ( public relations, marketing) for 23 years. I see the bullshit, but keep my mouth shut to stay in business. Doom and gloom sells, the truth does not.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #44
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,540
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Follow whoís advice ?? For every so called expert that says one thing I can show you other experts that Say different .. how come nobody has the regular FLU ?? There are more people that are gonna die because of non treatment of cancer and other serious health issues because they could not see a Dr.. so some guy had covid but was well enough to attend football game ??? My bet is over half the people on this forum would test positive ... even the test are suspect ... you do realize that out of the 200,000 thousand that died ..less than 10,000 died from covid only .. the rest of the deaths were other serious health issues that combined with covid resulted in death ... these are facts !! live your life ..
Hate to break it to you but there are plenty of people out there with the flu right now. Even though flu season is the fall and winter you can get it year round.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:22 AM   #45
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 18,457
Re: Fans at Fed Ex

I am just sharing my story, I understand it is one person's and not necessarily indicative of the whole.

Around Sep 1st, I had chills and nightsweats and that Tuesday I slept 14 hours straight. Typically I sleep about 5 to 6 at most. I am 53, from March to July I lost 50 lbs, but still am in the overweight category for BMI. I live a fairly typical low middle income caucasian male lifestyle. By the time I took the test I was definitely feeling better. I got the results back in 3 days that it was positive. The county called each day from there until they told me I was good to go. That was on the 10th. I have had no symptoms since then, but on my own I went and did a re-test on the 16th. Guess what, it came back positive. Is anyone else NOT shocked.

So should I quarantine for the rest of my life, because clearly I could be a carrier for the foreseeable future.

Oh let me add, my son who lives with me was then also required to get a test even though he had no symptoms, it also came back positive, And for him - a 23yo auto mechanic, he was told to stay away from his job until he has a negative test. He took a second one the same time I did, and though he has not told me his results yet, I imagine that it will be positive also.

Again, one person's story - but it is an actual person's story and not a media narrative from either side.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.13271 seconds with 10 queries