Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: If you had to choose between the two...
Sign Peyton Manning 43 32.82%
Trade up for RGIII 88 67.18%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #181
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

I'd honestly like to get both. Cause theres no guarantee we get griffin, even if attempt to trade up, in the draft. And theres no guarantee that manning can throw the same ever again. One you give up money for, the other you give up money and draft picks for. I dunno, guys this QB situation is looking pretty shaky to me being that we just had to keep winning these meaningless games (seattle, arizona, NY). Think of it like this had we of lost one, just One of those games, we would have been drafting ahead of Cleveland the real major threat of getting griffin.

Advertisements
Old 02-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #182
redskins5044
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I'd honestly like to get both. Cause theres no guarantee we get griffin, even if attempt to trade up, in the draft. And theres no guarantee that manning can throw the same ever again. One you give up money for, the other you give up money and draft picks for. I dunno, guys this QB situation is looking pretty shaky to me being that we just had to keep winning these meaningless games (seattle, arizona, NY). Think of it like this had we of lost one, just One of those games, we would have been drafting ahead of Cleveland the real major threat of getting griffin.
The Arizona game was early in the season.

Last edited by redskins5044; 02-11-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #183
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
So I haven't been on the Path in a bit and please present a counter to my points.

Why Peyton would come here:
-Shanny
-Prestige?

Why Peyton wouldn't come here:
-He would be fighting for a playoff spot against his brother twice a year
-Cold weather
-We have missing parts on the offense

Just my two cents.
#1- yes Shanny.
#2- yes he might like to play against his brother twice a yr. he'd get to see him.
#3- I think we are closer to a play off spot vs. any of the other teams who would want and need his services.
#4- Our team was the only team to beat the SB team twice last year.
#5- our defense is better then some would like to believe.

Maybe the Skins offer him the best chance to get to the SB out of all the teams that might still want him, and wouldn't he want to get a second ring to secure his HOF possibilities and to be able to have a second ring like his brother?
Old 02-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #184
biffle
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I didn't just pull that scenario from fantasy land.
Yeah, you kind of did. None of those trades you mention have the trading up teams giving up as much as you have us doing, save for the Leaf fiasco.

If next year's first was considered to have the value of this year's second, then we would be giving up more than the full price of the value chart without giving up the two 4ths you include. And every organiztion worth anything realizes a future 1st is worth more than that.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #185
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Man View Post
3,000+ posts in just over a year.

Someone needs a social life...

No, social networking doesn't count.
Doesn't even come close to my record.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #186
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Claiborne, Blackmon, Richardson, Coples, Rieff, Floyd...one of these guys could fall to 6 and have someone jonesing for them. It just takes one smitten team.
All it takes is for two other teams to want the same player. Possibly a OT or DL or maybe a LB.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #187
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
To me Girffin looks like a young Michael Vick with a MUCH better head on his shoulders. I don't think he'll have a problem with his footwork or being under center. If Vick can do it then so can he. He'll have to take real deep drops like Vick does. I just think whoever gets him is going to have to design an offense like Philly has done. A lot of deep stuff and staying in shotgun a lot.
But we won't know until he actually tries. Also I'm sure experts said the same thing about Vince Young.

But yes you are right whoever takes him should and most likely will have to change their design to fit his tallents.

So now the big question.... would the Skins change their scheme or design to fit his abilities or would they force him to fit into their system?
Old 02-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #188
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I don't think you've seen anybody suggest they would have to give up their whole 2012 draft. My scenario was a rough draft of the approximate costs give or take a pick or sliding one of those picks down/up. It's still going to take a lot. More than we can afford to give up.

However, based on the points, that's about what it would take.

If we had to give up Orakpo and our 2012 1st for RGIII, I would probably do that providing no other picks were involved.
But... Drew Carey says the points don't matter?

Your points based off of the chart. Thats just a starting point. If it was just the Skins interested in moving up and no one else then yeah thats the cost. Now factor in the Browns, and Miami being interested and then add what the Rams are going to ask as a starting point.

I'm not saying it would happen but I can see the Rams trying to turn it into an auction. Whoever offers the most they will take. Now thats if the Rams don't want RGIII for themselves.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #189
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Man View Post
3,000+ posts in just over a year.

Someone needs a social life...
No, social networking doesn't count.
LOL, I had to go back looking for who you were talking about.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #190
redskin29633
Special Teams

Exclamation Re: Peyton Manning or RGIII your choice

Don't really like either option. Both have alternative costs that, IMHO, are too costly for Redskins to seriously consider.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #191
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
To me the QB situation looks hopeful. There are lots of options. And there is a strong chance that RGIII falls to #6.

And if RGIII falls to #6, all of those "fans" rooting for us to lose will no longer be traitors with an ill-considered cause. They will be just plain traitors.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 02-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #192
diehard
The Starter

I don't like the idea of drating Manning because I THINK he won't recover to full form. But, I voted for Manning because this team will get better rather quickly being able to hold on to their draft picks. Although the reality of signing Manning comes with the possibility of him not playing as much we'd hope, no player is immune from injuries. So, Manning makes sense. The Skins could do what IND did last year: sign Manning for a ridiculous amount of money knowing that he's still ailing, never clear him to play, and SUCK FOR LUCK, I mean BARKLEY.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #193
los panda
Pro Bowl

i forgot to explain why i chose rg3. i chose him because manning cannot throw a football the way an nfl qb needs to. he is useless to an nfl team. it was an easy choice between these 2 candidates.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #194
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
But we won't know until he actually tries. Also I'm sure experts said the same thing about Vince Young.

But yes you are right whoever takes him should and most likely will have to change their design to fit his tallents.

So now the big question.... would the Skins change their scheme or design to fit his abilities or would they force him to fit into their system?
If he can't drop back and be an elite passer in a pro style system I don't want him. Big Ben, Manning brothers, Brady, Brees and Rodgers. That's the kind of QB play that wins Super Bowls. Give me a guy like that. If RGIII needs a special offense that caters to his unique skillset then we shouldn't be trading up to get him. I don't want to rely on his legs and am not interested in a gimmicky offense. Let some other team run with that experiment. Until I see someone win it all like that, count me not interested.

For the record, I'm in the neither camp unless RGIII falls to 6 and the Shanny's assess him to be an ideal fit for their system.

Last edited by 44Deezel; 02-11-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #195
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i forgot to explain why i chose rg3. i chose him because manning cannot throw a football the way an nfl qb needs to. he is useless to an nfl team. it was an easy choice between these 2 candidates.
So you've trained w him?
Closed Thread