Mannies v. Colts Gameday Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-30-2022, 09:49 PM   #151
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Mannies v. Colts Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
No, he's above average, even good, and the best we've had in years.

This response was to pork skins saying Turner sucks. Hence the confusion. Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2022, 10:10 PM   #152
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
This response was to pork skins saying Turner sucks. Hence the confusion. Lol
Oh damn reading comprehension failure on my part (Brain crossed synapsis error I read Turner brain translated as Heineke).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 10:20 PM   #153
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
No, he's above average, even good, and the best we've had in years.
If you genuinely believe he is the best we have had in YEARS that says more about the front office's inability to get a QB in here, I can't give too much credit to someone for putting out a fire when they are the one who started it to begin with.

Terry bailed us out today and the defense

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 12:34 AM   #154
ODUsmitty
Camp Scrub

Heinicke will be better remembered after he is no longer a Redskin than he is today. Not pretty, or smooth, or always making good decisions (like Alex Smith), but there will be posts years from now wishing Washington had a Qb with the heart and desire to win that matched that of TH. This team is mediocre, I recommend we enjoy the odd chemistry between TH and the team to eek out the wins and exciting finishes we do. Wentz would not have made this win possible today, and he is over 10X as expensive as Heinicke. And the kid is living his dream, helping to make this team relevant. Plus, he is making our best player look like the best player. He is no Joe Montana, but he has been cheapest and best shot in the arm for a struggling franchise in very long time.
ODUsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 07:06 AM   #155
rocnrik
Playmaker

For entertainment value Taylor maybe the best … without him this team would be unwatchable.. with him it’s tolerable, Make no mistake Taylor&Terry is our Offense , The D is better and we find ourselves in a crazy spot ( only 5 nfc teams have a better record) it will be entertaining to watch this play out ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 07:30 AM   #156
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
For entertainment value Taylor maybe the best … without him this team would be unwatchable.. with him it’s tolerable, Make no mistake Taylor&Terry is our Offense , The D is better and we find ourselves in a crazy spot ( only 5 nfc teams have a better record) it will be entertaining to watch this play out ..

Yeah I admit he does make some fun plays lol. If his arm was as good as like a Dak he’d be the guy going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2022, 07:47 AM   #157
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
If you genuinely believe he is the best we have had in YEARS that says more about the front office's inability to get a QB in here, I can't give too much credit to someone for putting out a fire when they are the one who started it to begin with.

Terry bailed us out today and the defense

Yeah that catch was all 17, it should have been a walk in TD but it was underthrown by 5 yards… Taylor does a great job of extending plays but his arm is so limited and that’s why the offense is as well with him back there.

Old 10-31-2022, 08:49 AM   #158
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah that catch was all 17, it should have been a walk in TD but it was underthrown by 5 yards… Taylor does a great job of extending plays but his arm is so limited and that’s why the offense is as well with him back there.

Yup. Exactly. Taylor does two things really well, he extends plays with his legs, and he gets the ball to Scary. He also has some strange mojo in crunch time. I was so not worried when he got the ball fir that last drive. If he had a half competent OC who catered to his strengths he would be better. Problem is no matter who your OC is at some point you need to go deep. Taylor has a weak ass arm. He would be a great backup.

Turner though. My God he is so out of his league. The man has no business being employed by the NFL. It is absurd he is our OC. Absurd.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 09:31 AM   #159
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Yup. Exactly. Taylor does two things really well, he extends plays with his legs, and he gets the ball to Scary. He also has some strange mojo in crunch time. I was so not worried when he got the ball fir that last drive. If he had a half competent OC who catered to his strengths he would be better. Problem is no matter who your OC is at some point you need to go deep. Taylor has a weak ass arm. He would be a great backup.

Turner though. My God he is so out of his league. The man has no business being employed by the NFL. It is absurd he is our OC. Absurd.
The bold part is absolutely true. While our offense is limited with Heinicke, I would feel much more confident having him as a backup and he could easily enter into the game and support the team if our #1 QB gets injured in the future. We have to resign him to multiple years contract after this season.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:25 AM   #160
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

I think Scott Turner does a great job catering to what Heinike can do well and does a great job of not asking him to sit back, scan field and try and be a pocket passer.

Lots of new formations yesterday that we havent shown so far this year.

Committed to the run game past 3 wins.

When you dont have a legit top 15ish type Qb ... makes everything difficult.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote