Colts PG

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-31-2022, 10:36 AM   #31
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Re: Colts PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCommandersfan99 View Post
This is what I want to see also. Roll with Heinicke as long as possible and then get Howell some playing time and experience. Still a cool victory yesterday on the road. Will gladly take it.
This is what I'm hoping as well. I don't see more than 2 or 3 more wins...and NO ONE wants to see Wentz back out there, including the players. End the season seeing what you have in Howell, and then in the offseason, fire all the coaches, draft a QB if you need to, and oh yeah...get rid of that owner too.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-31-2022, 10:41 AM   #32
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

TH had ice in his veins the last 5 minutes. His int was awful and he has poor game IQ but really like him when the game is on the line at the end.

Terry what more can you say? I saw in game day thread about people glad Terry is being targeted again, but his target numbers between TH and CW are nearly identical he is just making more plays now. Credit him improving his seperation between defenders, more confidence in TH at QB but it is nice to have him back.

Gibson only played in about third of offensive snaps. Unacceptable. He is most dynamic player we have. Over his career when he is over 50% of offensive plays we average over 22 points. When it is less it is around 12 points. If they aren't going to use him then i would move him and get something for him, but I'd prefer if they used him.

Samuel two money 4th down plays.

Davis, Payne, and Allen great. Payne and Allen both play 3 tech and we have had the debate a plenty about Payne's future here. I see him walking because when Mathis returns and plays 1 tech you will probably have Mathis and Allen out there. A 3 tech of Payne is starting caliber. I'd get what I can for him if he isn't going to resign with the team. Mayhew should be having these conversations with Payne's people two weeks ago.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:51 AM   #33
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
TH had ice in his veins the last 5 minutes. His int was awful and he has poor game IQ but really like him when the game is on the line at the end.

Terry what more can you say? I saw in game day thread about people glad Terry is being targeted again, but his target numbers between TH and CW are nearly identical he is just making more plays now. Credit him improving his seperation between defenders, more confidence in TH at QB but it is nice to have him back.

Gibson only played in about third of offensive snaps. Unacceptable. He is most dynamic player we have. Over his career when he is over 50% of offensive plays we average over 22 points. When it is less it is around 12 points. If they aren't going to use him then i would move him and get something for him, but I'd prefer if they used him.

Davis, Payne, and Allen great. Payne and Allen both play 3 tech and we have had the debate a plenty about Payne's future here. I see him walking because when Mathis returns and plays 1 tech you will probably have Mathis and Allen out there. A 3 tech of Payne is starting caliber. I'd get what I can for him if he isn't going to resign with the team. Mayhew should be having these conversations with Payne's people two weeks ago.
There is no way you trade AG, He's been a STEAL for us and has cleaned up the fumbles this yr. He does it all too.

Terry is just a special player and what makes him so great is he's ALWAYS HEALTHY. That is rare in today's league
Old 10-31-2022, 11:59 AM   #34
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:

You say things like "get something for him" about Gibson and "I'd get what I can for him" about Payne, as if taking less than their value to us is OK. It's not OK with me. Gibson hasn't even reached his full potential yet. Payne is a stud. What about next season? We might be able to make a run next season but we won't if we keep tossing away our stars before we have enough player development, draft classes and FA additions to fill all of the holes. We need to go for it sometime. So, I'm on the other side of the fence from you on this particular issue. I think Gibson needs to stay here and continue to be a touchdown machine and, if necessary, Payne needs to be tagged - but only once. We'll have more cap room next season because Wentz will be gone.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 12:13 PM   #35
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
You say things like "get something for him" about Gibson and "I'd get what I can for him" about Payne, as if taking less than their value to us is OK. It's not OK with me. Gibson hasn't even reached his full potential yet. Payne is a stud. What about next season? We might be able to make a run next season but we won't if we keep tossing away our stars before we have enough player development, draft classes and FA additions to fill all of the holes. We need to go for it sometime. So, I'm on the other side of the fence from you on this particular issue. I think Gibson needs to stay here and continue to be a touchdown machine and, if necessary, Payne needs to be tagged - but only once. We'll have more cap room next season because Wentz will be gone.
I said I'd keep Gibson but Turner isn't using him. I'd prefer if we kept him and used him but lets be honest if we continue not using him he will leave. With Payne if we already have Allen I don't necessarily view Payne as redundant but I think with the drafting of Mathis they are looking for variety of technique on the line. If we can get draft capital for him and them use that money to improve LB position I'd be okay with it.
Old 10-31-2022, 12:24 PM   #36
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

PFF's highest graded Commanders from yesterday's win:

- Jonathan Allen: 90.1
- Terry McLaurin: 82.9
- Antonio Gibson: 82.2
Old 10-31-2022, 12:26 PM   #37
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I said I'd keep Gibson but Turner isn't using him. I'd prefer if we kept him and used him but lets be honest if we continue not using him he will leave. With Payne if we already have Allen I don't necessarily view Payne as redundant but I think with the drafting of Mathis they are looking for variety of technique on the line. If we can get draft capital for him and them use that money to improve LB position I'd be okay with it.
I think I understand your position but I think we need them for at least one more season.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 12:35 PM   #38
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The thing w/ Gibson is strange. It's like this staff was obsessed w/ getting BR in there and flipped out over a pre season fumble by Gibson.

Imo Gibson should be the MAIN back. He is a BETTER player than BR. It's not a slight against BR but it is what it is.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 01:42 PM   #39
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The thing w/ Gibson is strange. It's like this staff was obsessed w/ getting BR in there and flipped out over a pre season fumble by Gibson.

Imo Gibson should be the MAIN back. He is a BETTER player than BR. It's not a slight against BR but it is what it is.
Plenty of snaps to be shared btw Gibson and Robinson. McKissic is the guy that seems to be under used, his role has been diminished greatly. Should have stayed w Buffalo and experienced what it feels to be on a winning team.

Del Rio and staff get a lot of credit. Our D is middle of the league in pts, yds, pass yds, run yds. Last night wasnt a dominate performance but they got the 3 and out stop after our FG to give the ball back to the offense and that was the ball game right there.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 02:01 PM   #40
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

To me, this is the only thing the coaching staff has got right.
Gibson was careless with the football. He fumbled and got benched.
Let them earn their playing time the rest of the way.

Also, Robinson is only a couple of games into his career. He still should get some carries.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 06:00 PM   #41
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
We don't win the game yesterday w/out TH. Wentz would have taken too many drive killing sacks. I'm leaving TH in until the team is out of playoff contention. Once they're out then I'm starting Howell.
This is where I'm at as well.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 06:16 PM   #42
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

BRob had more touches than AG against the Bears and Packers (almost double), but against the Colts, Gibson had 14 touches compared to Robinson's 8 (not including KO returns). Credit - whoever, for making that adjustment.

Perhaps BRob will supplant AG eventually as the lead back - and maybe not, but how they were used against the Colts is probably the correct recipe for now.

I would NOT trade AG.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 06:19 PM   #43
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
BRob had more touches than AG against the Bears and Packers (almost double), but against the Colts, Gibson had 14 touches compared to Robinson's 8 (not including KO returns). Credit - whoever, for making that adjustment.

Perhaps BRob will supplant AG eventually as the lead back - and maybe not, but how they were used against the Colts is probably the correct recipe for now.

I would NOT trade AG.
This
Old 10-31-2022, 06:23 PM   #44
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

Also, Robinson is only a couple of games into his career. He still should get some carries.
I agree he should get carries but he should not be the lead back. AG is simply more productive at this point in his career. He is a better all around back and tougher to defend. Not saying BR doesn't have a role, he w/out question does but he should not touch the ball more than AG.

The way they were used yesterday was fine. I think w/ TH in there we have more of an identity on offense. We have to run the ball when he is under center. This is not a type of team to throw the ball 45 times.
Old 10-31-2022, 08:55 PM   #45
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

Exactly. AG is not a workhorse back. Less work and he’s been more effective. I like him more as a pass catcher

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote