Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-29-2022, 01:56 PM   #61
calia
Playmaker

Re: Brian Robinson Shot multiple times

Unless we want to get into a broader debate about obvious, serious criminal activity that has (at least as of yet) not been met with consequences and the message that sends about condoning lawlessness, we should all stick to discussing football. In fact, that's why I come on to this site -- in part to avoid all the other stuff. So can we stick to football, please?

Advertisements
Old 08-29-2022, 01:56 PM   #62
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'm so happy he is alright. Can't wait to watch you pound the rock this season.
Agreed.

So lucky and fortunate.

We are all gonna be hyped the fuck up when he takes his first snap.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 02:02 PM   #63
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Unless we want to get into a broader debate about obvious, serious criminal activity that has (at least as of yet) not been met with consequences and the message that sends about condoning lawlessness, we should all stick to discussing football. In fact, that's why I come on to this site -- in part to avoid all the other stuff. So can we stick to football, please?
To be fair - the title of the thread is "Brian Robinson Shot multiple times", not "Brian Robinson football talk only".

I think it's fine to discuss all aspects of the shooting on here, wherever that discussion may go. Otherwise, just shut it down (Mods), or avoid it (everyone expecting just football talk).
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 02:28 PM   #64
SunnySide
Playmaker

John Keim
@john_keim
·
1h
Terry McLaurin described his emotions about what's happened the last couple years, including Haskins' death. "I've benefitted from seeing a therapist... Makes the load a lot lighter when you don't feel like you're carrying it alone." Said a need to always show grace, empathy.

John Keim
@john_keim
·
3h
Jon Allen: "Whenever someone's life is in danger, it definitely takes football out of the equation. Once we found out he was going to be fine, and being discharged today from what i heard, that was a good sign."

John Keim
@john_keim
·
3h
Rivera said after they hear from doctors later today, they'll determine whether or not to put Robinson on the non-football injury list. If they do that, he would miss the first four games.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 02:47 PM   #65
calia
Playmaker

Can we clone Terry McLaurin? Seriously.
Old 08-29-2022, 05:57 PM   #66
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
8 words and I can tell this fishing fool is a Republican.

As soon as he said the issue isn’t guns it’s lack of dads in the home I stopped listening.

So anyway, apparently there was a carjacking a block away from where BRJ was shot and they took the lady’s car with the dog in the back seat. Right around the time the shooting happened. Wondering if it’s connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 06:27 PM   #67
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
As soon as he said the issue isn’t guns it’s lack of dads in the home I stopped listening.

So anyway, apparently there was a carjacking a block away from where BRJ was shot and they took the lady’s car with the dog in the back seat. Right around the time the shooting happened. Wondering if it’s connected.

Is your argument that fatherless homes don't have anything to do with crime stats? Like no relevance at all?

Doesn't matter if you're white or black or any other color, a boy's odds of not committing crimes is definitely tied into whether or not he has a father figure that is a positive influence on him.

Does that mean boys with fathers don't commit crimes? No. Does that mean all boys without fathers will become criminals? No. Like anything, its not 100%. But there is definitely an overall connection.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 07:29 PM   #68
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Is your argument that fatherless homes don't have anything to do with crime stats? Like no relevance at all?

Doesn't matter if you're white or black or any other color, a boy's odds of not committing crimes is definitely tied into whether or not he has a father figure that is a positive influence on him.

Does that mean boys with fathers don't commit crimes? No. Does that mean all boys without fathers will become criminals? No. Like anything, its not 100%. But there is definitely an overall connection.

Correlation but not causation.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 07:55 PM   #69
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm trying to walk a tight line here because I don't want to take the focus away from Brian Robinson. I believe there are certain aspects of criminal justice reform that we need - but not punishing violent offenders isn't one of them. If you're violent in conjunction with committing other felonies I don't care if they take a decade off your life - I don't think violence can be reasoned with or talked down from. I'm all for reforming non-violent offenders to lower the recidivism rate. But violent offenders? No love lost.
Old 08-29-2022, 08:18 PM   #70
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm trying to walk a tight line here because I don't want to take the focus away from Brian Robinson. I believe there are certain aspects of criminal justice reform that we need - but not punishing violent offenders isn't one of them. If you're violent in conjunction with committing other felonies I don't care if they take a decade off your life - I don't think violence can be reasoned with or talked down from. I'm all for reforming non-violent offenders to lower the recidivism rate. But violent offenders? No love lost.
I agree with all of this.

And I think we all do care about Robinson the most. But the situation is very easy to slide off from and lose site of that, even if briefly.

Robinson being alright after being shot twice is epic level awesome. Just such a relief for himself and everyone that cares about him. I know we're just fans here, but I absolutely care about all of our players on a personal level too (I'd imagine most of you all feel similarly).

Hail to Robinson! Get well!!
Old 08-29-2022, 09:01 PM   #71
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
8 words and I can tell this fishing fool is a Republican.

So many things Id like to say about his ignorant comment but Ill follow my own advice and only wish BR a speedy and full recovery.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 09:06 PM   #72
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Robinson being alright after being shot twice is epic level awesome.

!!
Lol. Seriously. I have too many beers and im not right the next day. This guy got shot twice. That’s a mans man!

If he guy balls out at any point in his career here he is automatically an all time favorite. If he plays this year he is literally my hero.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 09:22 PM   #73
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Lol. Seriously. I have too many beers and im not right the next day. This guy got shot twice. That’s a mans man!

If he guy balls out at any point in his career here he is automatically an all time favorite. If he plays this year he is literally my hero.
He will play this year. Book it. And when he comes back, he's going to have zero respect for defenders. Just straight truck stick.
Old 08-29-2022, 09:25 PM   #74
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
So many things Id like to say about his ignorant comment but Ill follow my own advice and only wish BR a speedy and full recovery.
I’ll say this .. I know plenty of whites that the whole damn family is nothing but drug dealers, thieves, criminals etc etc… I’m white and have a lot of friends that are Black,brown,Asian .. straight , gay .. whatever .. the worst folks I know are the white ass meth crack head thieving ass no counts … I guess I’m racist towards my own kind .. truth is things is outta control and all of us could be victims at any time … there are only two types of people.. good and bad ! We gotta watch out for each other !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 09:53 PM   #75
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:

How are you going to fix fatherless families? Fuck sake you’re pissing in the wind.

Just be glad Robinson is going to be alright. On to Week 1.