Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #46
skinsnut
Playmaker

Re: Predict when Zorn will be fired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
2 points.

#1...I don't buy that given up on the season crap...if a team is underperforming under 1 coach, they can do equally as crappy under another.

#2 Bad example, Tom Coughlin has 14 years as an NFL head coach...Zorn has 1 and was never a head coach of any kind. A head coach with that sort of experience is usually given a much longer leash...except in the case of Marty.

Outside of a good start when no one had film on his tendancies, Zorn has coached his team to be progressively worse week by week, losing or struggling to some of the crappiest teams in the NFL along the way.
It is not always the final score...it is the product on the field and the fire.
Interestingly....you guys that dog Gibbs forget that this is essentially the same team....(perhaps even more talented) that fought their guts off to make the playoffs 2 of 3 seasons before Zorn took over.

That mirage' of success was one of the reasons Snyder felt he could take a chance on a rookie HC.

I agree that we'd essentially have to go winless until the bye to see a midseason firing....after all ....Snyder knows to attract a top coach....he needs to act with some degree of patience.
Additionally, I used to be neutral, but I am now on the Campbell aint the answer bandwagon....that guy is running scared....or there is some sort of invisible force field that makes it impossible for one of his passes to cross the plane of the endzone.

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #47
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
Son I have been a fan since George Allen was the coach of the Redskins. I saw Sonny and Billy Kilmer play at RFK. I never miss a game bro crappy record or not.
and no offense but this is what DS is living off of. People who will keep shelling out money for mediocracy.

by the way I have been a fan since 75 so I'm not too far off you I'm sure.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #48
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

It's not this season, i refused to give up i think we will right the ship and make the playoffs it's the third game. I watched yesterdays game and the owned us the 1st half the 2nd half we came alive if not for a few shady calls by the refs which i think should be addressed we might of won.

HTTR.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #49
celts32
Playmaker

It needs to be after the season. They need to give Zorn the full 2 years or it will look bad when they are looking for a replacement. All the big names will wonder if Snyder will fire them after 19 games also. The man they can fire now is Vinny...it will appease the fan base for starters and they can put a new GM in place to start analyzing the roster and planning the off season moves. Holmgren or Bruce Allen are potential candidates for this and both could have the option to keep Zorn if things improve.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #50
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
It needs to be after the season. They need to give Zorn the full 2 years or it will look bad when they are looking for a replacement. All the big names will wonder if Snyder will fire them after 19 games also. The man they can fire now is Vinny...it will appease the fan base for starters and they can put a new GM in place to start analyzing the roster and planning the off season moves. Holmgren or Bruce Allen are potential candidates for this and both could have the option to keep Zorn if things improve.
The real shame is we have a couple of really good in-house candidates in Scott Campbell and Mo Brown that could be GMs. Especially Brown who I know many people strongly believed was brought here to be the next "GM" Problem is they are Vinny selections, especially Brown so I think they need to go find success elsewhere.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #51
jsarno
Franchise Player

Well, at the rate we are playing, we could very easily lose to the Bucs, and then Carolina...I think Snyder will have his hand on the panic button if we lose to the bucs, but somehow will be convinced not to do it, but if we lose to Carolina too, then Snyder pulls the plug. He will understand the season is over anyway, so might as well make a statement.
Can we turn this around...certainly...will we? Likely not. We are a 3 or 4 win team this year at this rate IF WE ARE LUCKY! The way we are playing, we might not win again. That's a scary thought. We have more talent than this, I just want to bang my head on a wall the way they are frustrating me. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS!
Old 09-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #52
T.O.Killa
The Starter

If anyone was interested in just how Zorn was hired, here it is.
BANG CARTOONS: Hilarious NFL cartoons and podcasts!
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #53
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Well, at the rate we are playing, we could very easily lose to the Bucs, and then Carolina...I think Snyder will have his hand on the panic button if we lose to the bucs, but somehow will be convinced not to do it, but if we lose to Carolina too, then Snyder pulls the plug. He will understand the season is over anyway, so might as well make a statement.
Can we turn this around...certainly...will we? Likely not. We are a 3 or 4 win team this year at this rate IF WE ARE LUCKY! The way we are playing, we might not win again. That's a scary thought. We have more talent than this, I just want to bang my head on a wall the way they are frustrating me. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS!
Are we? I'm not so sure. I think that kind of mentality is what has plagued our players and fans for years. We always feel like we're close, we always feel like we have the talent, we always hear the players talk about how good we are, and it never comes together. Talent doesn't mean crap if you can't put it together on the field.

We're a broken organization IMO. For the better part of a decade now Danny and Vinny have operated under the assumption that talent = wins. Not necessarily. The lack of a steady head coach and the fact that we're unwilling to draft lineman on either side of the ball play a huge role as well.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #54
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The real shame is we have a couple of really good in-house candidates in Scott Campbell and Mo Brown that could be GMs. Especially Brown who I know many people strongly believed was brought here to be the next "GM" Problem is they are Vinny selections, especially Brown so I think they need to go find success elsewhere.
Yeah...I agree...I don't want anything to do with anyone associated with Cerrato.

If we're lucky and Cerrato is fired, he needs to have no holdover guys he brought onton the club. In fact any holdover guys that remain after we let people go can be an indication that Snyder is still holding strings.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #55
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Are we? I'm not so sure. I think that kind of mentality is what has plagued our players and fans for years. We always feel like we're close, we always feel like we have the talent, we always hear the players talk about how good we are, and it never comes together. Talent doesn't mean crap if you can't put it together on the field.

We're a broken organization IMO. For the better part of a decade now Danny and Vinny have operated under the assumption that talent = wins. Not necessarily. The lack of a steady head coach and the fact that we're unwilling to draft lineman on either side of the ball play a huge role as well.
We both know we have too much talent to play like this, just look at our payroll. However, you are 99% right..."potential is nothing if not realized." We as fans understand this, we see what we have, and we get excited, only to be let down. Yes, we are also a broken orginization, and the way Danny and Vinny go about business is not a good way. Talent does not always = wins. The "steady" head coach is not always the answer, we had gibbs part 2 for 4 years, and he brought stability to our team, and we got nothing to show for it. We need people that have intensity and willingness to open things up. We have played conservative ball for a really long time, and it's no conincidence that the more conservative we are, the more we lose. Time to get a philosophy of "attack".
It's a sad, sad day when I wish we were the Saints.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #56
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
If anyone was interested in just how Zorn was hired, here it is.
BANG CARTOONS: Hilarious NFL cartoons and podcasts!
That's a riot...and sadly, seems quite accurate. LOL.