Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

WTF??DeAngelo hall continues to get dumped on.....

Thread Hell

Old 12-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #16
Ijaeger
Special Teams

Re: WTF??DeAngelo hall continues to get dumped on.....

Another stud corner would be a nice pickup in FA or the draft, but I only think it's fair to give Hall and Blache a full season together. This will give Blache ample time to figure out Hall's strengths and weaknesses and if he can be utilized properly in this scheme. Don't forget, Hall is learning a new system, or at least new terminology, and is still trying to adjust most likely. Of course, all of this based on the assumption SS will not be here next year, which I personally see happening unless he seriously restructures his contract. He just does not play enough games for the money he gets paid, IMO. However, I thought the same thing last year so go figure.

Advertisements
Old 12-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #17
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
yea, we could always bring back archeleta if that make you feel better, get outta here, anyone will get burned in that oakland defense, D has came here and got us two picks, name a starting CB for washington that has done that in 3 games or less........yea, so to answer on member questions, D-hall should be on our longterm plan, cut smoot, cut springs....and lets get him across from rogers, that is a pretty good tandem, get a monster like hanyesworth up the middle with our speed DE.........top 5

Didnt know it was that easy

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #18
Boston Brave
Camp Scrub

Hall is a nice option to have, espicially given his age. All teams desire 3 or more good corners, however trying to find and pay them is the problem. To really answer whether the Skins should keep him, imagine him in a Eagle, Giant, or Boys uniform guarding one of our WR. If you think this is a matchup we can win, then don't sign him (throwing against him 3 times = 1 touchdown). If you believe he can keep our receivers from catching the ball and out of the endzone, then sign him back.

Last edited by Boston Brave; 12-06-2008 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Clarity.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #19
theJBexperience
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
i pretty much agree with you but notice the part in bold. i think hall will be a fine replacement for springs, if the team decides to cut him to save money. rogers would be our #1, hall #2 and keep smoot as #3, they have that rookie as #4. you are right about the d-line, that needs to be addressed in the off season.
I think he'd be okay. I probably should have said that he's not the caliber of starting CB as Springs or Rogers. And I really hate the idea of Justin Tryon ever seeing the field again. Again, those guys in the secondary could look infinitely stronger with a solid pass rush.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #20
prinzeofmoval
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
yea, we could always bring back archeleta if that make you feel better, get outta here, anyone will get burned in that oakland defense, D has came here and got us two picks, name a starting CB for washington that has done that in 3 games or less........yea, so to answer on member questions, D-hall should be on our longterm plan, cut smoot, cut springs....and lets get him across from rogers, that is a pretty good tandem, get a monster like hanyesworth up the middle with our speed DE.........top 5
I actually like our db's but Springs is always injured. So if i had to lose one it would be springs. Im still not sold on Rogers either. Yeah he came back from a bad injury and you get kudos there but I'm still waiting to be impressed. Boy i miss Champ Bailey.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #21
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKNIK_28 View Post
Maybe it seems a bad titile for the thread, but i have always been a supporter of bringing in D. Hall. Dude is a beast, anyways redskins.com is listing him as having 6 INT's on the year. Thats only 1 behinf polamolu the leage leader, yet on NFL.com it only shows him for the 2 he recorded in the 3 games he played with us? How do we get this injustice fixed Matty? Just goes to show how UN "washed up" he really is
He could have had 3 ints in 3 games if Springs dumb a** didn't try to steal a INT from him. That pissed me off and could have been a momentum changer. I love Springs but that was a bone head play!!

There are a influx of haters lately..that are fake GMs who know nothing about football..idiots
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
Old 12-06-2008, 12:31 PM   #22
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I'd let him walk. He's just not as good as advertised and it's going to cost too much. Plus he's always good for several 15 yarders a year.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #23
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'd let him walk. He's just not as good as advertised and it's going to cost too much. Plus he's always good for several 15 yarders a year.
If it doesn't cost too much though, I'd keep him. I think there was a deep pool of CBs coming out of the draft this past year and we blew it by taking Tryon (who I'm just not sold on). I don't think the pool is as deep this year. Hall is young and talented enough.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #24
prinzeofmoval
Special Teams

I like him and yes he was bullied at Oakland. Every corner benifets from a great pass rush. Look at Cromartie last year. he was a beast because his front seven was. Now that they can rush for crap his numbers dropped. Great dbs in the past almost always had a great pass rush to go along with it.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:03 PM   #25
skins4life25
Camp Scrub

All of you idiots who defend him, obviously have only seen madden ratings and never seen him play in Atlanta, Oakland, and now here. He has always gotten burnt and tried to make up for his bad decisions with his athleticism. Yes he has two picks so far. I can't say on either of them that he did anything special. The only positive in my eyes is that he didn't drop them. If we give him a reasonable contract, say 3-4 years & 10-14 mil, in the off-season then I think he would be a good nickel back and injury replacement for us down the line. He is NOT a starter; at least not for a competitive team.

Please stop making it seem like he's great, he's not. Actually watch the play unfold and not just the DB's celebrating after a play. 80% of the time they celebrate when they didn't really do anything. All of you who defend him just make yourselves sound like idiots.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #26
Hail to the Redskins
The Starter

I teach in Chesapeake, Va where D.Hall is from and my teacher's assistant has known him since childhood. Her son and he are close... She told me that DeAngelo has been a die-hard Redskins fan since he was little and jumped at the chance to sign with us over the likes of New England, etc. (for league minimum!) because he WANTED to play here.

Now... do I know his rep even from high school? yeah... do I personally think he is a great guy, not particularly... but I really have a hunch that playing for the Redskins might just have an effect on him and his behavior... and a discount this offseason.

Also.. I don't know what some guys were watching, but he played a great game against the Giants outside of the one missed tackle/late hit play... he blanketed the receivers the majority of the day...

Regardless, I say anyone who WANTS to be a Redskin is ok in my book. Re-sign him.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #27
vallin21
The Starter

[QUOTE=skins4life25;507701]All of you idiots who defend him, obviously have only seen madden ratings and never seen him play in Atlanta, Oakland, and now here. He has always gotten burnt and tried to make up for his bad decisions with his athleticism. Yes he has two picks so far. I can't say on either of them that he did anything special. The only positive in my eyes is that he didn't drop them. If we give him a reasonable contract, say 3-4 years & 10-14 mil, in the off-season then I think he would be a good nickel back and injury replacement for us down the line. He is NOT a starter; at least not for a competitive team.

Please stop making it seem like he's great, he's not. Actually watch the play unfold and not just the DB's celebrating after a play. 80% of the time they celebrate when they didn't really do anything. All of you who defend him just make yourselves sound like idiot
So I guess 2 pro bowls in Atlanta and 2 ints in 3 games doesn't do it for you.

You must be the same idiot who likes the stone hands of Rogers and Grandpa Springs knocking over teamates who have freakin ints. You're telling me Rogers hasn't gotten burnt? give me a break dude.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #28
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins4life25 View Post
All of you idiots who defend him, obviously have only seen madden ratings and never seen him play in Atlanta, Oakland, and now here. He has always gotten burnt and tried to make up for his bad decisions with his athleticism. Yes he has two picks so far. I can't say on either of them that he did anything special. The only positive in my eyes is that he didn't drop them. If we give him a reasonable contract, say 3-4 years & 10-14 mil, in the off-season then I think he would be a good nickel back and injury replacement for us down the line. He is NOT a starter; at least not for a competitive team.

Please stop making it seem like he's great, he's not. Actually watch the play unfold and not just the DB's celebrating after a play. 80% of the time they celebrate when they didn't really do anything. All of you who defend him just make yourselves sound like idiots.
I'm of the opinion that he could be a strong nickel/solid starter for us. I don't really follow Madden ratings and I've seen him play for Atlanta, Oakland, and now here. I think a lot of us who "defend" him think he is good, but not great. I'm not asking him to be the next Darrell Green but do I think he is better than most other nickel backs we've had in recent years? Absolutely

Now you may disagree with those of us "defend" him but, just a word of advice, drop the use of the word "idiot" so frequently
Old 12-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #29
rypper11
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins4life25 View Post

Wow. That's a lot of insight into the lack of intelligence of anyone who doesn't agree with you.
He was asked to man cover with little to no safety help in Oakland. He was to give up everything underneath but nothing deeper until in the red zone then lock down. For all of Oakland's weaknesses, they are 10th in the NFL against the pass and nobody left on the Raiders have more ints than Hall did when he left.
IMO, Hall is not a solid starter or a shut down corner (which I believe Rogers and Springs are). However, he is a game changer. His style will let a wr run by him (which is why Landry and Horton are important) but he'll hang on to the ball for a pick which is something we also need.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:43 PM   #30
rypper11
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm not asking him to be the next Darrell Green but do I think he is better than most other nickel backs we've had in recent years? Absolutely
Even Darrell Green got beat on occasion. So does Champ Bailey, Nnamdi Asomugha, Asante Samuel or any other modern day cb. The rules are definitely against them.