Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 11:31 AM   #211
MTK
\m/

Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
If your first round pick can't beat out a recovering and very old Alex Smith, or the ultimate journeyman in Keenum, then your first round pick is a bust.

Rodgers and Young both sat. But they didn't sit behind Keenum. They sat behind two of the greatest of all time.

If Haskins can't beat out Keenum next year we got problems.

Well again, if the team doesn’t commit to developing him properly they have to share in the blame if he ends up a bust. So far the Skins have shown no sense of urgency in developing him.

If I’m Haskins I’m hiring a QB guru and moving in with him in the offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 10-31-2019, 11:51 AM   #212
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Problem is what do we know based on 22 passes and no starts

Which can be resolved by him starting for the rest of the year.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:55 AM   #213
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
As of now, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston, and Marcus Mariota are all set to be free agents next year. We will have a new head coach next year. If he has close ties to one of them, we cant rule out the skins signing them.

I mean, would anyone truly be surprised if Wisenhunt were our coach and Rivers our QB next year?

I'm not saying its likely to happen. But given the history of the way this organization operates, we cant limit our thinking to assuming the 2020 QB will be Haskins or Smith.

Brady and Rivers will be retiring by the time we are ready to compete as a team. Winston is fucking awful. So is Mariota. Dak would be acceptable but Im not sure he is as acceptable as what kind of money he will want. So no no no no and no. I know u are not necessarily in favor of any of these moves just my two cents.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:05 PM   #214
Meks
Pro Bowl

impatient bs from Dan as usual. We could have rode it out with keenum, as we pretty much are anyway - and drafted a day one contributor at 15 and waited on qb for next year. fuckin annoying.

wont give up on haskins yet but obviously no one has a strong impression.

And i agree, if you havent been coaching him up all year cuz you were trying to focus on saving your job this year, which you failed at, is not fair to the player mentally or physically when it comes to development
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 10-31-2019, 12:27 PM   #215
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'll be there SUnday , HTTR
Old 10-31-2019, 01:10 PM   #216
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
As of now, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston, and Marcus Mariota are all set to be free agents next year. We will have a new head coach next year. If he has close ties to one of them, we cant rule out the skins signing them.

I mean, would anyone truly be surprised if Wisenhunt were our coach and Rivers our QB next year?

I'm not saying its likely to happen. But given the history of the way this organization operates, we cant limit our thinking to assuming the 2020 QB will be Haskins or Smith.
Out of those five the last two are trash and would be the only ones who in their right mind would even think of coming to the Redskins. You really think Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers would want to end their careers in DC on a team that finished the previous year 1-15 with no prospects for immediate improvement? Dak will finally come to terms with the Cowboys, we all know that. As for the remaining two they aren't any better than what the trio we have has shown lately.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:34 PM   #217
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'll be there SUnday , HTTR
Please do a favor for all of us people on the forum, wear a shirt that says "F you Snyder and Allen!"
Old 10-31-2019, 02:09 PM   #218
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Out of those five the last two are trash and would be the only ones who in their right mind would even think of coming to the Redskins. You really think Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers would want to end their careers in DC on a team that finished the previous year 1-15 with no prospects for immediate improvement? Dak will finally come to terms with the Cowboys, we all know that. As for the remaining two they aren't any better than what the trio we have has shown lately.
I'm just listing whos available. Would Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers want to end their careers here? Probably not. But if the Skins traded 10 1st round picks to the Patriots and Belichek was the coach or the skins hired Wisenhut, perhaps theyd be interested. Garret could be fired and that could entice Dak to sign here.

The point of my comment was that we shouldn't be ruling anything out. Snyder's history shows he likes to make a major splash after completely disastrous seasons. And this one is going to end in a disaster. I don't see us finishing better than 2-14. I'm expecting a major shakeup in the offseason with Snyder firing bruce or moving him to only work on the stadium deal, bringing in some sort of big name coach/GM and giving them total control. It is not very likely that theyre going to want to be handcuffed to Haskins or Smith to start their tenure. That's only going to happen if Snyder can't get the big name and is stuck promoting Oconnell or getting a Jim Zorn type with no cred.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:18 PM   #219
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Well again, if the team doesn’t commit to developing him properly they have to share in the blame if he ends up a bust. So far the Skins have shown no sense of urgency in developing him.

Serious question.

From the outside looking in, what about him warrants the team committing to developing him?

Why spend extra effort and resources on Haskins rather than keep searching?

I do think it's too early to make any declarations about his future. The guys inside the building should have a really good idea of what he is and his ceiling.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2019, 02:24 PM   #220
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

this doesn't make any sense...OConnel, Kavanaugh, Tim Ratey should all be working to develop him. I don't think Jay gave a shit, but that has changed. Callahan has said developing Haskins is something they are doing, so starting him only makes sense.

He Gets Us
Old 10-31-2019, 02:26 PM   #221
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Serious question.

From the outside looking in, what about him warrants the team committing to developing him?

Why spend extra effort and resources on Haskins rather than keep searching?

I do think it's too early to make any declarations about his future. The guys inside the building should have a really good idea of what he is and his ceiling.

Maybe since they used the 15th overall pick on him?

We're not talking about a 7th round pick here, significant draft capital was used to take him and he hasn't started a game yet and until recently wasn't even getting first team reps in practice.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:37 PM   #222
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Maybe since they used the 15th overall pick on him?

We're not talking about a 7th round pick here, significant draft capital was used to take him and he hasn't started a game yet and until recently wasn't even getting first team reps in practice.
You're advocating discounting any sunk cost analysis because Dan pulled the trigger at 15?

Should the team avoid picking another talent at QB because it would take resources away from developing Haskins simply because of where he was drafted?

Old 10-31-2019, 02:41 PM   #223
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Winston is better than anyone we currently have. If he was out there as a free agent I'd think about it.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:43 PM   #224
MTK
\m/

Re: The Haskins Thread

I can’t believe we’re talking about the next QB when this one has zero starts.

Old 10-31-2019, 03:16 PM   #225
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Winston is better than anyone we currently have. If he was out there as a free agent I'd think about it.
my lord dude is the definition of a turnover machine, 70 INTs and 46 fumbles in 63 games, I'd just stick with Keenum if we're going bargain shopping at QB again