Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Giants Pre Game dumpster fire thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-16-2020, 10:44 AM   #76
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Giants Pre Game dumpster fire thread

Kerrigan has been typical Kerrigan. He will dominate a scrub then ghost for the next several weeks.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2020, 10:49 AM   #77
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

People might say...oh no things have changed.

Have you seen how the Haskins thing has been handled so far in 10 days? Nothing fucking changed one bit.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:41 AM   #78
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

This franchise is starting over, it will take some time.

It starts with:

Team Name and Logo - They need to come up with a nickname, the WFT stuff is ok for now but it's corny, we need a name and logo to brand the franchise and fanbase.

FRANCHISE QB - This whole fanbase should be rooting for 1-15, Trevor Lawrence is regarded by every national scout as the best QB prospect to come out since Luck, you literally need this kid to be the face of the franchise. If you can't get him, Justin Fields is a great option as well.

Free Agency - This year will be huge , adding quality starters to the OL and WR/TE is priority 1, you will have to surround your QB with weapons and protection.

2020 is a wash, this team is bad and lacks the talent to compete in most games.. In fact we really should be 0-5 if it wasn't for a fluke comeback week 1.. I'm already looking forward to 2021, Haskins was a miss but it's nit like he was ever regarded as a franchise QB to begin with. Build the defense around CY and grab Lawrence / Fields and lets start winning some damn games.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:25 PM   #79
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

John Keim retweet:

News: Saahdiq Charles is expected to start at left guard Sunday against the Giants, per two people with knowledge of the situation.

Charles would replace Wes Martin and be making his NFL debut. He’s the former LSU LT drafted in the 4th round. Experts think he has a high ceiling.

Whewwwwwwwwww!!! Get on the field young man

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:16 PM   #80
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Have you seen how the Haskins thing has been handled so far in 10 days? Nothing fucking changed one bit.

Sad but true.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:54 PM   #81
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
John Keim retweet:

News: Saahdiq Charles is expected to start at left guard Sunday against the Giants, per two people with knowledge of the situation.

Charles would replace Wes Martin and be making his NFL debut. He’s the former LSU LT drafted in the 4th round. Experts think he has a high ceiling.

Whewwwwwwwwww!!! Get on the field young man
Good ! Get the young men some reps, and I hope he turns out to be what you guys think he is!

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2020, 07:24 PM   #82
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Nope I even commented on the smear article against Haskins from the anonymous sources from Football Team Park. There is zero need for that to explain the benching of the dude.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:26 PM   #83
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Looking at the last 2 Giants game, one thing that jumps out is their pass rush. That DL is legit. They were impressive against 2 really good Olines (Rams, Cowboys).

Yeah the Giants are bad and beatable, but I don't like the fact this strength matches one of our worst weakness. And it's not like we really have the weapons to scare them downfield...

Defense has to step up and produce otherwise we're in for an ugly day, and the season is over if we lose this one IMO. (I'd still watch, but as I'd do pre-season).
Old 10-16-2020, 09:01 PM   #84
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I am past the point of pointing fingers at any players or coaches. I mean how many different players and coaches can we blame. The one constant is Snyder. He has been running this organization into the ground for years. You can make lemonade out of lemons but you cant make it out of shit. This organization is shit.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:06 AM   #85
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Let's stop babying Alex Smith already. He's cleared to play, and he's the most experienced QB on the roster. Of course he's the backup at this point.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 05:46 AM   #86
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Let's stop babying Alex Smith already. He's cleared to play, and he's the most experienced QB on the roster. Of course he's the backup at this point.
I have no idea why Alex Smith is on an NFL team. He should not be playing NFL football after his injury. He isn't mobile enough to protect himself so he should retire. Hopefully, his retirement won't come about due to his being seriously injured again.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 05:54 AM   #87
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I am past the point of pointing fingers at any players or coaches. I mean how many different players and coaches can we blame. The one constant is Snyder. He has been running this organization into the ground for years. You can make lemonade out of lemons but you cant make it out of shit. This organization is shit.
We've been drinking Snyder's Olde Tyme Shitade for more than 20 years.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:47 AM   #88
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I have no idea why Alex Smith is on an NFL team. He should not be playing NFL football after his injury. He isn't mobile enough to protect himself so he should retire. Hopefully, his retirement won't come about due to his being seriously injured again.

Well wait a minute. How many quarterbacks are not mobile? From everything I hear Smiths leg is as good as any other leg or at least his old leg lol. He has been out for quite some time. I think he just needs to get back up to speed. I realize he is 38 but if given the reps im sure he could be an extremely serviceable backup and probably start for a couple years or so.

Last edited by punch it in; 10-17-2020 at 10:29 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:40 AM   #89
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
We've been drinking Snyder's Olde Tyme Shitade for more than 20 years.

Snyder is the MAIN and CONSISTENT reason this team has been HORRIBLE for 20 years. Now we’ll have to fight to get 4 wins. No one can win with the team Snyder made. For example, Snyder drafted Haskins over the advice of his HC (Gruden) and scouts. Snyder picked Haskins because he went to school with his kids! What an idiot - making a decision NOT based on talent, but because his kids knew him.

Haskins is a multi-year project who will get a second chance on another team. I think he has a future as a backup QB, but I’m sure he will get to start as the #1 QB. Rivera doesn’t have the 2-3 years to see if Haskin’s works out or NOT. Today’s NFL just doesn’t wait for ANY QB, like it did when Peyton Manning had an unbelievable number of INT his first year - 28 ( with 26 TDs).

ThE WFT vs Giants will be a tough game, but I think we can win. I know ppl, like me, thought the ex-Redskins would be a 6 win team. It will take two more years to clear out the awful personnel choices by Snyder. I believe in Kyle Smith and hope Rivera rewards him with the GM job - before he migrates to another and better team.

So, I believe we will win 28-24. We will find out that Allen has a spark that Haskin’s AND Smith didn’t have. But these are two of the worst teams in the NFL. We are at the NADIR of this team’s downward spiral. Snyder is out of the personnel decision-making loop. If we are lucky, the NFL will quietly force Snyder to sell the team in early 2021. I give that a 50-50 chance of happening. The NFL’s muted investigation will find out all of Snyder’s nefarious secrets. They will remove Snyder, but keep the worst transgressions silent unless Danny makes too much noise. If Snyder somehow continues as owner, he will be very, very quiet, letting Rivera / Kyle Smith / Wright run all aspects of the team. This football franchise can only go UP with Snyder not making personnel decisions - almost all of which were total and expensive disasters. Everything Snyder has touched has turned to ashes.

Allen is competing for the #2 QB position next year. Smith will retire - he is way too expensive as a backup. Haskins will be traded for whatever we can get- probably a 5th round or lower. Jones will get some TD’s because our safeties are terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:09 PM   #90
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

A message to any #NFL fan base that’s in the running for the #1 pick. Winning 1 game is not worth it if it forces you to not get the first pick to draft
@Trevorlawrencee

Simply put it’s just not worth missing out on getting that first pick.

Dan Orlovsky