Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Salary Cap Status 2018

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-28-2018, 01:18 PM   #61
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2018

Thanks CRed. Yes, per John Keim the cap hit for Pernell McPhee will be $1.7M in 2018, lower than my estimate of $2.5M.

Also, trading Su'a Cravens clears $0.3M in cap space. We had to eat some dead money, but it's still less than what he would have cost us if he stayed on the roster. Negligible cap impact - the Su'a trade was obviously not cap-motivated. It was a football culture move, clear as day.

Original post updated again to reflect these changes.

Advertisements
Old 03-28-2018, 02:27 PM   #62
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

We definitely have space if we see an unexpected cut. If not I think Hankins signs before the draft on a 1 to 2 year deal
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #63
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Hankins would prob command what? 5 or 6M a year? I'm sure we will get him if we really want him.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:31 PM   #64
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Give me Breeland and/or Hankins and I'll be very satisfied with our pre-draft off-season.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:36 PM   #65
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Hankins would prob command what? 5 or 6M a year? I'm sure we will get him if we really want him.
I think Hankins is getting at least 10M/y, his last contract was 9M/y, 10,5M in the first year.
He had a solid year so why would he get any less? He got cut but for cap reasons it seems (and switching to a 4-3).
Old 03-28-2018, 02:49 PM   #66
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I think Hankins is getting at least 10M/y, his last contract was 9M/y, 10,5M in the first year.
He had a solid year so why would he get any less? He got cut but for cap reasons it seems (and switching to a 4-3).
Idk man, nobody is wanting to sign him right now
Old 03-28-2018, 02:51 PM   #67
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I think he wants $10 million, however, it appears no one is offering that much. I hope the Redskins can get him for $6 or $7 million.

If not, use the money on Benny Logan. They need a RB, DT, and G in free agency or the first two rounds of the draft.

Last edited by Irrefutable; 03-28-2018 at 04:18 PM.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:06 PM   #68
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
I think he wants $10 million, however, it appears no one is offering that much. I hope the Redskins can get him for $6 or $7 million.

If not, use the money on a FA guard. They need a RB, DT, and G in free agency or the first two rounds of the draft.
My dream would be Hankins in FA, Guice in 1st round, Will Hernandez in 2nd round. That would be money.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:43 PM   #69
Schneed10
A Dude

There's no reason to believe Hankins's value dropped after last year, he had a very good year with the Colts. PFF graded him out well, the Colts said it was a scheme switch and not a performance issue, and teams agree how disruptive he is.

I think he's worth $9M, possibly $10M per season. The Skins will try to get him for less, that's for sure.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:03 PM   #70
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
There's no reason to believe Hankins's value dropped after last year, he had a very good year with the Colts. PFF graded him out well, the Colts said it was a scheme switch and not a performance issue, and teams agree how disruptive he is.

I think he's worth $9M, possibly $10M per season. The Skins will try to get him for less, that's for sure.
What is the most we could actually offer him? And would it prob be a 1 year deal?
Old 03-28-2018, 04:11 PM   #71
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
What is the most we could actually offer him? And would it prob be a 1 year deal?
It isn't ideal for us to offer one year contract, this will only delay the necessity to fix Dline issue until next year.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:36 PM   #72
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
As in what could we fit under our salary cap? Are you mathematically challenged?

A one year $13M deal would fit. We have an estimated $17.5M space now, and we have to set aside about $4M for the rookies (maybe a little less, but call it $4M). That leaves $13M for Hankins, if you didn't get any more free agents after that.

But, if you really wanted you could restructure existing contracts like Trent Williams or Ryan Kerrigan to create more space.

Or, and this would be the preferred approach for the Redskins, you would sign Hankins to a longer term deal than a 1-year. Why would you think a 1 year would be the max? They would look to sign him for 3-4 years and backload the deal a bit, spreading the signing bonus out over the length of a longer contract, and keeping the cap hit lower.

There's no reason they couldn't strike a 3 year $30M deal with him and have it count only $6M against this year's cap, if they want.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:37 PM   #73
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
As in what could we fit under our salary cap? Are you mathematically challenged?

A one year $13M deal would fit. We have an estimated $17.5M space now, and we have to set aside about $4M for the rookies (maybe a little less, but call it $4M). That leaves $13M for Hankins, if you didn't get any more free agents after that.

But, if you really wanted you could restructure existing contracts like Trent Williams or Ryan Kerrigan to create more space.

Or, and this would be the preferred approach for the Redskins, you would sign Hankins to a longer term deal than a 1-year. Why would you think a 1 year would be the max? They would look to sign him for 3-4 years and backload the deal a bit, spreading the signing bonus out over the length of a longer contract, and keeping the cap hit lower.

There's no reason they couldn't strike a 3 year $30M deal with him and have it count only $6M against this year's cap, if they want.
No I'm just too lazy to look it all up thanks for the into tho. Good stuff

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2018, 05:59 PM   #74
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

You would have to think they offered him something close to what the Colts did, may be more incentivized then that one but he hasn't taken it. At this point it's got to be in Hankins court. No need to bid against ourselves. He seems fairly methodical in his approach to signing so unless another unseen team jumps in he will probably sign with us around the 15th once he and his agent look over the after draft market.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #75
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
My dream would be Hankins in FA, Guice in 1st round, Will Hernandez in 2nd round. That would be money.
Hernandez won't last until we pick. Picking him in the 1st and your boy Rashaad Penny in the 2nd would work for me. We could use a home run hitter like Penny.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote