7. Pierre Garçon
8. Mark Ingram
9. Jared Cook
10. Jay Cutler
11. Kenny Britt
12. Fred Davis
13. Stephen Gostkowski
14. Steelers

The most homerific team I have ever drafted, I know, but I still feel pretty good. We start 2 rbs, 2 wrs and a flex wr/te.
12 team leagues are hard but you did well I think. I also have Garcon in my 10 team league but drafted A.J. Green and Fitzgerald as well.

I need some advice from the warpath crew here on whom to start Week 1 now that this preseason crap is over. In a Flex position should I start Daryl Richardson RB Rams against the Cardinals, Garcon against the Eagles, or Ryan Mathews against the Texans. Projections tell me Richardson, so why am I leaning towards Garcon?
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #32
Kindoy
The Starter

Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Does anyone think Dexter McCluster is worth a roster spot over Sanu, Riley Cooper or Blaine Gabbert? It's 20 team PPR

I would drop Gabbert but there aren't enough starting qb's around the league to where everyone would have a backup that plays so that's his value to me.
Kindoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #33
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Nope

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #34
scowan
The Starter

Did anyone draft Daryl Richardson this year? I drafted him for depth and to use in my Flex position but I'm struggling with what to do this first week.

Non-PPR, 2 WR and a Flex. I have A.J. Green, L Fitzgerald, Garcon and Daryl Richardson. Two of the receivers need to start, but then do I start the third over Richardson? Or do you guys always start a RB in a flex if you have one?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #35
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Did anyone draft Daryl Richardson this year? I drafted him for depth and to use in my Flex position but I'm struggling with what to do this first week.

Non-PPR, 2 WR and a Flex. I have A.J. Green, L Fitzgerald, Garcon and Daryl Richardson. Two of the receivers need to start, but then do I start the third over Richardson? Or do you guys always start a RB in a flex if you have one?
I believe Richardson will be the starter in St. Louis. I guess it will all depend how well Fitz will do with Carson Palmer throwing the ball to him.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #36
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ryan Matthews or Ben Tate in the Flex position this weekend? Matthews got Houston, which is tough

He Gets Us
Old 09-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #37
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Ryan Matthews or Ben Tate in the Flex position this weekend? Matthews got Houston, which is tough
I think you have to go Tate over Mathews. First, Mathews has a tough matchup like you've mentioned and second, how many carries do we all realistically think Arian Foster is going to get in Week 1?

Ben Tate is a better RB than Mathews if the number of carries is the same, and I really think the Chargers will be playing from behind early and that will mean passing and "Danny Woodhead time" for the unfortunate Ryan Mathews owners (of which I am one as well)
Old 09-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #38
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I did an auction draft for the first time last night. 3 hours! Not sure that was worth it, but it was fun and different from a standard draft as well.

Let the games begin!!!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #39
scowan
The Starter

I love Auction drafts, but I cant get my guys to do one. I think you have to have real die hard players to do one. You will find guys who study for their drafts like they would the ACT, and other guys who show up unprepared picking Percy Harvin and Aaron Hernadez. The unprepared guy can luck into a straight pick draft but he will fail miserably in an auction draft.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #40
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

What sleepers did people grab this year and put on bench or in the line up? Couple of mine:

1. Jordan Cameron TE - Norv and his TEs, loves them. I got Vernon Davis on alot of my teams, Jordan is his back up in most leagues.
2. Kai Forbath - No sleeper here, but if he plays the entire season on a good offense and continues his hot preseason start, he could be a top 5 kicker.
3. Ryan Mathews - Now that the hype is over, snagged him in a couple leagues 8-9 rounds for bench/flex spot. Solid preseason.
4. TY Hilton - Able to get him on the bench in a couple leagues, like the playmaking ability and the fact Luck and him seem to be on the same page.
5. Ben Tate - Foster just not right and has a injury history. Tate is coming into his prime, Kub already said 30% of the snaps when Foster is starting regardless.
6. D Jax - I got him on 1 bench and a 3rd starting WR in a couple other leagues. Coming back from injury and new coach pushed his stock down, but they are thin at WR and Kelly offense will score.
7. Josh Gordon - Another Brown? Like the speed and the fact he dropped in ranking due to his 2 game suspension. Norv offense and got on the bench in a couple leagues.

Who you got?

He Gets Us
Old 09-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #41
That Guy
Living Legend

i've grabbed kai a lot. helu is a guy that you can take if you have a free spot in the last round. if alfmo goes down, he'll be the feature back here. we don't do time shares. and unlike some other backups, in our offense, the yards will keep piling up.

obviously you don't want alfmo getting hurt at all, but...

josh gordon is a decent last round type guy too.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #42
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
What sleepers did people grab this year and put on bench or in the line up? Couple of mine:

Who you got?
My sleeper pickups:

TY Hilton
Cordarelle Patterson
Kenbrell Thompkins
Tavon Austin (not a sleeper but is a rookie)
Giovanni Bernard
Shane Vereen
Old 09-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #43
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
My sleeper pickups:

TY Hilton
Cordarelle Patterson
Kenbrell Thompkins
Tavon Austin (not a sleeper but is a rookie)
Giovanni Bernard
Shane Vereen
Yeah, I got Kenbrell on a couple teams on the bench. I think he is a little bit too much hyped. Got see how he puts it together on the field with Brady. I think we will know just after a couple games. If he doesnt produce, I expect him to see the bench quickly in New England.

I like Bernard too.

He Gets Us
Old 09-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #44
Monkeydad
Living Legend

He and Patterson are big gambles...could be boom or bust but Worth the risk for a month or so on the bench. Byes won't be until about Week 5 at the earliest for my starters so I can afford to stash some of these guys on the bench to see if they pan out. Thompkins specifically could be huge...Brady is his QB and they're desperate for WR production. Patterson has huge talent (1st Round pick) but Ponder is his QB so that could ruin him. Aside from Jennings, he doesn't have to compete with much talent on the Vikes at WR.

I think Bernard and Hilton and locks for big years. Vereen is probably the most productive backup in the NFL along with Tate. He's a backup but he'll be on the field plenty.

Ridley is going to be a monster this year, they need to run more than in the past since Brady has very limited targets this year.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #45
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Who would u start this week? Brady or Cutler? Thinking about benching Brady.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote