D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2018, 01:19 PM   #46
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Draft grades

2. Greg Stroman, Virginia Tech

Playmaker index: 27.7 percent (13 PD+INT, 47 targets)

The least-targeted on this list, Stroman absolutely locked down his receivers in 2017 for that vaunted Hokie defense. By season’s end, Stroman actually combined for more plays on the ball (13) than he allowed receptions (12) all season long. Those 12 receptions allowed include three in his final game against Oklahoma State as he still allowed a career-low 25.5 percent of passes thrown his way to be caught on the season.

Stroman has everything NFL brass should be looking for: size, speed, length, ball skills, awareness, etc. and he should make for one durable cornerback with a proven knack for finding the football. He finished his career in Blacksburg with 31 total plays on the ball and allowed only 41.9 percent of his 124 targeted passes to be caught over four years.

This is PFF pre draft write up on Stroman as no 2 on their list of CB Playmakers.

Stroman is known as a ball hawk...he will get a lot hands on passes and likes to undercut throws looking for the big play
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-30-2018, 01:33 PM   #47
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Tampa Bay Buccaneers investigating threatening tweets directed toward GM Jason Licht

what an idiot lol
Old 04-30-2018, 01:36 PM   #48
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

This Trey Quinn kid looks pretty damn good too
Old 04-30-2018, 01:57 PM   #49
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Plus, he's a known commodity to Torrian Gray--VTech pipeline working.

One thing I like about this draft is that it gives our good development coaches excellent raw material to work with. Better, younger, faster, fatter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

The least-targeted on this list, Stroman absolutely locked down his receivers in 2017 for that vaunted Hokie defense. By season’s end, Stroman actually combined for more plays on the ball (13) than he allowed receptions (12) all season long. Those 12 receptions allowed include three in his final game against Oklahoma State as he still allowed a career-low 25.5 percent of passes thrown his way to be caught on the season.

Stroman has everything NFL brass should be looking for: size, speed, length, ball skills, awareness, etc. and he should make for one durable cornerback with a proven knack for finding the football. He finished his career in Blacksburg with 31 total plays on the ball and allowed only 41.9 percent of his 124 targeted passes to be caught over four years.

This is PFF pre draft write up on Stroman as no 2 on their list of CB Playmakers.

Stroman is known as a ball hawk...he will get a lot hands on passes and likes to undercut throws looking for the big play
Old 04-30-2018, 03:08 PM   #50
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

So why did he fall to so late?

edit: Looked it up:
Quote:
Sources Tell Us

"I worry more about how he will hold up as an NFL tackler because of how thin he is. I'm not worried about the coverage part at all. He's been challenged by big guys, fast guys and big fast guys in that conference and he's done really well against all of them." -- former NFL defensive backs coach
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:13 PM   #51
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
So why did he fall to so late?
size and frame. He's gonna play inside on the slot...outside NFL starters may be too much...
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:43 PM   #52
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I was not a fan of the 3rd round tackle but am coming around. It's drafting for a future need. I get that and assume that the LG position will come around.
I love that pick and it looks like the Redskins stayed true to their board. Both our tackles were a mess injury wise. Moses was on two bad ankles and should not have been out there. Same w/ Trent. Plus Ty got hurt and there was basically nothing else there. Now you have a highly drafted guy who hopefully can step in if anything should happen. When was the last time Trent made it through an entire season w/out an injury? He's always hurt at this point of his career and we'll need quality depth there.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:56 PM   #53
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I love that pick and it looks like the Redskins stayed true to their board. Both our tackles were a mess injury wise. Moses was on two bad ankles and should not have been out there. Same w/ Trent. Plus Ty got hurt and there was basically nothing else there. Now you have a highly drafted guy who hopefully can step in if anything should happen. When was the last time Trent made it through an entire season w/out an injury? He's always hurt at this point of his career and we'll need quality depth there.
I know it's blasphemy to OLine philosophy, but I wouldn't mind seeing a rotation on the left side with Trent and Ty.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:20 PM   #54
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

I have no doubt that Trent could be a HOF LG. However, I think he is potentially a HOF LT which is a much more important position. Ty is a good LT; a solid starter. Not sure he will be that at LG.

So, as a combination:

LT Ty + LG Trent > LT Trent + LG Ty.

Hard to move an All-Pro LT inside no matter how you cut it though.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:30 PM   #55
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I have no doubt that Trent could be a HOF LG. However, I think he is potentially a HOF LT which is a much more important position. Ty is a good LT; a solid starter. Not sure he will be that at LG.

So, as a combination:

I hear what you are saying, and agree about it being hard to move TW inside. but just for one minute, could you stop and imagine Scherff, TW, and Roullier pushing the pocket forward with Moses and Nsheke blocking the edges out, Guice deep back split JReed to one side with Crowder, Doctson and Richardson to the other. That would be an excellent front for run or pass. I am sure it's Burgundy glasses, but I see opposing defensive coordinators calling in sick Sunday mornings before the game.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:18 PM   #56
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:

So, as a combination:

This was discussed at length when Trent moved to guard mid game against the giants.

They absolutely ran over their ass. Trent dominated both defensive tackles who were in a 4 point stance to fire on him on back to back plays. He caught Harrison twisted him and put him on his back.

I'm in favor of having the 5 best players on the field.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2018, 11:02 AM   #57
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Trey Quinn: I’m the most relevant Mr. Irrelevant ever – ProFootballTalk

I like this dude
Old 05-01-2018, 11:08 AM   #58
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Jay was pounding the table to take him earlier, he could be a real gem
Old 05-01-2018, 11:15 AM   #59
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Jay was pounding the table to take him earlier, he could be a real gem
He was a 5 star recruit and went to LSU, he in not the typical "Mr. Irrelevant" Watching tape on him, I would be really surprised if he isn't on the team week 1.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:31 AM   #60
MTK
\m/

Speaking of the Mr Irrelevant title they should scrap that BS. I know it’s not meant to be insulting but it is