Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 12:25 AM   #46
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: 2012 redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I have a question for you? Why do you think the Eagles suck? DeSean Jackson is a headcase like Brandon Marshall and TO, he can play but the baggage is not worth it. Jackson has been a huge distraction this season, has been benched twice by his coaches, he pouts about his contract. He could be the next Brandon Lloyd after he signs a huge contract. No thanks!!
The Eagles suck because their run d sucks, Vick cant stay healthy, and they believed their own hype. You cant say the Eagles suck because of DeSean Jackson. Is he playing his best? No but if he comes here and plays like Brandon Marshall (100+ catches a season)I will take it. I am sorry but I think Paul will be hot garbage when its all said and done, I think Hank will be great and pairing him with DeSean would be a nice combo, especially with Cooley and Davis working the TE spot with Helu in the backfield. I like those skill positions and I think Barkley or RGIII will too.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.

Advertisements
Old 12-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #47
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yeah Philly is bad because of many reasons, their d is a major disappointment as was $$$ man mike Vick lol what a joke, he got what he wanted and turned into same old Vick
Old 12-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #48
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Like I said, the Redskins can't go out and get FA's to fix our team. Look at the packers, do what they do, that's how you win.

Now if we must get a FA or two, I'd go for an OLineman either Grubbs or a Tackle.
The other must I'd go for is a WR. CB is a bigger need but the guys are Cortland Finegan (he'll be re-signed), Bradon Carr (re-signed), Grimes (re-signed). So I'd go for either a great receiver who can make any QB look good, like VJ, or a solid receiver that brings great height to the game, which is Marques Colston.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:07 AM   #49
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Maybe they'll bring Malcolm Kelly back next year

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-01-2011, 01:14 AM   #50
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I could see colston leaving NO simply because they are about to have to pay brees a mississippi river full of $$$.. I'd take him he's a proven big time WR
Old 12-01-2011, 01:15 AM   #51
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fred Davis is a stud so I could see CC being shopped around a bit although at this point I doubt we'd get much for him
Old 12-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #52
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I could see colston leaving NO simply because they are about to have to pay brees a mississippi river full of $$$.. I'd take him he's a proven big time WR
And a proven injury waiting to happen

Old 12-01-2011, 01:20 AM   #53
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Young QBs need good TEs look at Cam with Olsen and Shockey. With a young QB coming in I want both Davis and Cooley working the seams.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:40 AM   #54
joeyt56
Camp Scrub

First off i dont want any part of a diva reciever who disappears for 3 weeks and shows up for one. Thats when hes not taking points/yards off the board cuz hes a knucklehead. I thought we wanted character guys. If we go wr in fa id like bowe, hes literally matured before our eyes in the past 3 years and still produces.

Second i believe we need rt/rg help more than anything that not a future qb. I love the sexy pick as much as anybody but we need to build our core up first and foremost so that sexy pick can succed.

Third i think as much as we need a cb and ilb they are both secondary needs in comparison to our offensive needs in general. Someone asked about loax, well hes our back up backer and since we havent needed him hes been rockin s/t. Why cant he be fletchers replacement? Just a thought

AND FOURTH WE NEED A KICKER! I like adrien mora frome georgia southern. Look him up, my boy turned me onto him and hes an ex arena league kicker and he knows his legs! Mora is a monster an might go undrafted cuz he plays for a 1a school but dudes a beast and ive already forgot our current kickers name. HAIL!!
Old 12-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #55
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

First we need to resign Kory L, Monty, Landry, and Fred Davis.

Then I would love to get a guy like Grubbs. Wanted us to draft him when he came out of Auburn.

Alright I got a hypothetical here, and what if Peyton gets traded or released and Reggie Wayne followed him if he went to a team that needed WR help... this is not something I ever believe will happen here or anywhere else in the league, but it would be fn crazy.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:25 AM   #56
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I dont know what DJax contract situation is like, but maybe if the Eagles would have paid him and gotten themselves a n OLine (instead of their stupid spending spree) they might be in a better place. I wouldnt mind Bowe either. Either of those guys, with Hank, Moss, Davis, and a healthy Cooley would be a helluva WR group for a young talented QB.
R.I.P. #21
Old 12-01-2011, 02:39 AM   #57
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

If we are going to target a WR, Bowe would be my guy. I think KC may franchise a guy like that though. He is their only real threat at the receiver position.

I see Desean as a young Santana Moss with a bad attitude. Don't want him.

Vincent Jackson has not been himself this year. Watched him play a few times this year. It seemed as though, he quits on balls at times.

Reggie Wayne still has plenty of gas in the tank.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #58
That Guy
Living Legend

at WR I'd prefer bowe over the field, then probably wayne.

is grimes a FA? that'd be the CB i'd go after, he's an actual #1 and by pushing D hall and wilson back a step, our CB corp would actually be good, though there's a lot of money there for not a lot of results.

grubbs grubbs grubbs. that only leaves us needing a RT and a backup. brown could be that backup - he shouldn't be starting here.

regardless of FA pickups, I'd go QB/OL with picks 1 and 2. Stop trying to shoehorn 5th rounders into starters, it hasn't worked. Then i'd look at CB/ILB.

We really do need a QB more than anything, followed by 2 OL guys. Once those are in place, a #1 CB and a stud WR would turn both positions from bleh to good.

and we'll probably need to look at safety. both guys can't stay on the field, OA is earning bank and landry wants bank but neither one has been close to the ST/ryan clark combo (and clark only wanted 1.5mill a season. BAD MOVE danny, bad move.)
Old 12-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #59
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
yeah, but I think RG/RT are a much bigger issue, and you're not going to go out and sign 5 OL guys in one offseason.
So the free agents we signed last year, Chester and Brown, are much bigger issues?

He Gets Us
Old 12-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #60
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So the free agents we signed last year, Chester and Brown, are much bigger issues?
they're definitely not as good as kory/monty.
Closed Thread