Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I See QB Rumors (2012 QB Thread: The Sixth Sense)

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #46
mbedner3420
The Starter

Re: I See QB Rumors (2012 QB Thread: The Sixth Sense)

Smoot, do you know what SC was referring to with the 72 hr deal? I know you guys talked so I wasn't sure if he mentioned some work around as it related to trading before the new league year.

Advertisements
Old 01-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #47
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Thanks SS for always bring us the goods. Question though, do you ever get bit pissed when your info suddenly starts popping up on other boards? Do you keep an eye on that?

Tripp, agree Luck the is man by a decent margin, but the reason i say that is the Colts have been unpredictable this offseason and their timing on things is just strange. Why not think they may do another strange thing with taking RG3 over Luck.

He Gets Us
Old 01-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #48
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Thanks SS for always bring us the goods. Question though, do you ever get bit pissed when your info suddenly starts popping up on other boards? Do you keep an eye on that?

Tripp, agree Luck the is man by a decent margin, but the reason i say that is the Colts have been unpredictable this offseason and their timing on things is just strange. Why not think they may do another strange thing with taking RG3 over Luck.
Right now I think Griffin is overvalued by the draftniks. Doesn't mean he won't be totally awesome when he gets to the pros and make seven pro bowls in a long career. But the idea that you need to get to no. 2 overall to have a shot at getting a guy who has zero chance of going no. 1 overall just isn't reality.

The reason Griffin makes some sense for the Colts at no. 2 overall is because they pick up a treasure trove of draft choices to go to no. 2, where as every other team except the Rams has to give up picks to go to 2. So the Colts can get a drafts' worth of picks, and get a QB they like anyway. That makes sense for the Colts, who still have Peyton Manning on their team. It doesn't make sense for the Redskins to trade a lot of picks to go to no. 2 and grab an overvalued draft asset, even if they really like the player.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #49
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Doubtful the Skins could get both Bradford and Blackmon - - but keep a good thought...
It was based on the scenario of getting Bradford and the Rams pick that was mentioned.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #50
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
And I heard that the Patriots are talking about a trade that sends Brady to the Redskins..

Man, no disrespect (at all), but how on earth do you know this? I mean, really??
They follow bleacher report religiously
Old 01-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #51
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Not speaking on behalf of SS here, but I've never seen any of SS's info passed on the ES boards.(i only lurk there...too many idiots to post) They have 3 guys there that are insiders themselves so it's amazing to see how much the info is the same. I think SS has broader intel in terms of happenings around the league and most of theirs is centered around the Skins. The only intel that seems to be conflicting with those guys is the RGIII thing. I think 2 of them don't think we are sold on him as the other does. (which SS seems to also think)

I sometimes feel for those guys because they take a beating when they send out intel or if said intel doesn't come true. You have idiots that don't realize the nature of the NFL in terms of things constantly changing. Decisions made 10 minutes ago could be changed by tomorrow morning. It is what it is.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 01-28-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #52
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
They follow bleacher report religiously
Hahahaha
Old 01-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #53
rypper11
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
Why not target Matt Schaub. With the success of Yates last year wouldn't that make Schaub exespendable? What would be his price tag?
For that matter, why not Yates? Schaub has missed significant time 3 out of 5 seasons with the Texans. If I'm the Texans I keep a backup (or 3) at QB if Schaub is the starter.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #54
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I was not about to get into an argument in the other thread or be rude about the topic but here I call BS. No way the team is making 3 way trades, no way the team is throwing not only this year but several future years just to jump to the #1 or #2 spot.

As I have said I believe the team is putting a lot of misinformation out there to not only keep people guessing but to make others possibly throw away their draft to move up.

I'm telling you we'll pick up a FA QB, either stay at #6 or trade back for more picks, and pick up one of these really good WRs and a QB in the draft. My guess still has not changed:

Weeden.

Last edited by SBXVII; 01-28-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #55
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Thanks for the intel, SS! That is so helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
This sentence makes me giddy..."The Redskins are exhausting all possibilities to get either Luck or Bradford and expect to get one or the other."
Me too. So much awesomeness to dream about as a possibility.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 01-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #56
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I just don't see us giving up that much also when do 3 team trades ever happen in the NFL?
Old 01-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #57
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:

I don't check out the other boards really. I was on ES once and happened to see someone had posted pretty much word for word about the trade for Jammal Brown that i told you guys was going to happen several months before it did. I know who it was on this forum that posted it there, but I won't call them out.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #58
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I just don't see us giving up that much also when do 3 team trades ever happen in the NFL?
Well I know Shanahan was involved in 2, one that brought Duckett here and another that got ATL Abraham
Old 01-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #59
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well I know Shanahan was involved in 2, one that brought Duckett here and another that got ATL Abraham
True I suppose, I'd love luck or Bradford though damn
Old 01-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #60
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I was not about to get into an argument in the other thread or be rude about the topic but here I call BS. No way the team is making 3 way trades, no way the team is throwing not only this year but several future years just to jump to the #1 or #2 spot.

As I have said I believe the team is putting a lot of misinformation out there to not only keep people guessing but to make others possibly throw away their draft to move up.

I'm telling you we'll pick up a FA QB, either stay at #6 or trade back for more picks, and pick up one of these really good WRs and a QB in the draft. My guess still has not changed:

Weeden.
I wouldnt waste anyones time with BS