Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 02:39 AM   #796
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
I have no idea what people think about the difference in athleticism between Tannehill and Luck, I was stating my opinion.

And I try to use qualifiers to avoid presenting my opinion as a declarative, which I find pretentious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
But, I guess I should expect this from you since for whatever reason you cannot admit that Tannehill is a better athlete then Luck.
I just wish you would retract.

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2012, 03:02 AM   #797
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

I wish FA started today.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:04 AM   #798
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I wish FA started today.
Agreed.

Wow, I'm legit depressed with that ending.

You know what will cheer me up? Steak and Shake! Well, that and NFL free agency. Hey, the Chiefs signed Zeke Markshausen today. That's something, right?
Old 03-01-2012, 03:05 AM   #799
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Should have drafted Tony Pike then this whole QB thing would be over.
Can still get Zach Colleros.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #800
NM Redskin
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
After hearing about the concerns scouts have with Barkley I think it's pretty safe to say that he would have been the 3rd QB in this draft.

Don't get me wrong, Barkley is a quality prospect and certainly much more promising then the Tannehill's of the world. However he doesn't have the greatest arm and is athletically average if that. RG3 has both the arm and athleticism not to mention he can match Barkley on the intangibles front.

Another thing to remember is Barkley's supporting cast is miles better then what RG3 had at Baylor. I think had the two gone head to head in this draft class Griffin would have gone first.
Hey Dirt totally agree, this was more of why not to wait till 2013 for Bark or any other QB for that matter. USC Qbs scare the hell of me. Im def behind all in for Grif.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #801
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Redskin View Post
The big problem I see, is we would be out of position to grab Barkley. The guy is mostly likely gonna go #1 and if we're in the mid teens for our pick, imagine the ammo we would need to move up. I think at 6 this year we're in a perfect position to grab an elite QB at near the top.
Good point, and you're probably right but after another 8 or 9 picks and a full roud of free agency this year, the Skins would have far fewer holes and could throw everything that had into getting Barkley if they really wanted him. Or they could tank the season
Old 03-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #802
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Drafting 5th. Took Sean T. We could have had Big Ben
Or Schaub
Old 03-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #803
44Deezel
The Starter

Unhappy Re: Yet Another QB Rumors Thread (Volume 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Just Heard Sam Huff on XM, sounded senile, and probably got himself fired. Trashed the coaches and said the reason we are not good is not QB its running back. And said nothing compares to playing for the Giants.
That's right, because the Giants won it all due to their league leading rushing attack
Old 03-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #804
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I'm ready to give up the bank for one player, because that one player just doesn't simply come out every year. I would give up the bank for Luck, because the risk is way smaller with the reward. Theres a reason why he's been talked about as a first overall pick since day one when he got to Stanford. Theres a reason why scouts can't find a negative on him. But anyway back to RG3.

True, we have holes in our whole team, and yeah we should start thinking more of the worst case scenarios like if London and LaRon leave, then that top 10 defense goes bye bye. Our OL has holes, yes, but keep this in mind; Our LT is considered a top ten LT by a lot of football analysts. Our LG tore his ACL last year, but he was considered to be our best OL up to that point. Our Center surprised a lot of people and played very well. Our RG was probably the most consistent player on the whole OL. Our RT is where we suck. We have depth at Guard with Hurt, Polumbus/Smith could easily be good back ups for us. Really, and this is IMO, we just need to get another guard FA or draft, and a RT which we can draft. There is a LOT of great tackles in this years draft, and RT's are easier to find then LTs.

But back to the QB, keep this in mind:

If you hit on the right QB, then suddenly all those holes on your team will disappear.

Players on your defense start playing at a higher level because they know mentally "hey if we just make a stop here, we can put our great QB back on the field to get us some points." instead of "crap, whether we make a stop or not, Rex is just gonna put us back on the field in two snaps anyway."

And on offense players try harder when they have a good QB. And OL, they look a lot better when they have a good QB who has good awareness and pocket prescience. Look at Big Ben, he, like RG3, makes plays with his feet and buys time in the pocket. There is absolutely no way you can tell me that his OL is better than ours. NO WAY. Peytons OL in Indy for many years wasn't as good as ours, but they won games because their QB was smart.

RG3 is athletic, fast, has a good pocket prescience, is smart, and is a quick passer. He's the kind of player that makes teams put 8 in the box respecting his running game, then Bam! he throws a beautiful dart downfield on play action, which forces the other team to put 7 in the box now, which gets the running game and RG3 rollouts going again.

Every team has holes, by the way. The Giants were dead last in rushing and the Pats had one of the worst Defenses in the league. Our O line was producing 100 yard rushers on a regular basis late in the season and our QBs were hardly running for their lives all year. The O line being crap is an outdated argument.

I'm not saying that we should or shouldn't make the move for RGIIi. I'm just saying that the argument about our O line being in shambles and having holes everywhere doesn't compute and shouldn't deter us from making bold moves. Good QB play makes up for a lot of deficiencies and QB is clearly our biggest need.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #805
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

GTripp wants the home grown west Michigan product under center.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #806
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Let's kick the discussion over to a new thread

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...-you-want.html