Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams traded to the 49ers

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-25-2020, 08:13 PM   #16
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Trent Williams traded to the 49ers

Ron Rivera on the Trent Williams trade: "This was an opportunity to part ways with a guy that wanted to move forward. We'll build the culture with guys that want to be here and feel good about where we are. It gives everybody an opportunity to start clean and start fresh."

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2020, 08:23 PM   #17
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Ron Rivera on the Trent Williams trade: "This was an opportunity to part ways with a guy that wanted to move forward. We'll build the culture with guys that want to be here and feel good about where we are. It gives everybody an opportunity to start clean and start fresh."
Class

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:47 PM   #18
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Class

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Ron + Class > Trent + (Class - Cl)

Solve the equation.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:48 PM   #19
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Ron + Class > Trent + (Class - Cl)

Solve the equation.
Lying POS!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:13 PM   #20
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Of course if the previous regime had handled it better (trade him last year), and if TW hadn't been such a jackass, we could've gotten more... but with the situation being what it had become, I see it has an absolute W ! Who was still expecting more ?
Old 04-25-2020, 11:43 PM   #21
Warthog
The Starter

Trent Williams traded to the 49ers

I am so sick of talking about Trent. When this started, I liked TW and partly blamed Bruce Allen and the medical staff. But after a year of this shitte I’m ready for him to go.

I’ve lost some respect for Trent. His greed and excessive salary request, kept us from obtaining a mutually beneficial trade for both the team and himself. $20 mill for a 31 yr old OT who has sat for a year and has had trouble staying on the field due to injuries, is just excessive.

Bye, and I bet most fans will dump his number and jersey. This ended badly for the fans, Rivera, the team and Trent. Adios and don’t let the door hit your azz as you leave.

Close this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:45 PM   #22
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Trent will be missed on the field seeing as though he's a top 5 LT but he wanted out for 2 years now and thankfully it's done.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:21 AM   #23
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I think he wanted to go a contending team and lied instead of being honest. Let's see what he does with his contract here in SF, that will speak volumes. Who knows, maybe him and Kyle Shanahan had conversations and that's why he turned down the Vikings, I don't trust the Shanarats.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 04-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #24
metalskins
The Starter

I know it's all water under the bridge now, but I am curious to know what Minnesota was offering, because I heard that Williams shot the deal down.
Old 04-26-2020, 02:14 PM   #25
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
I know it's all water under the bridge now, but I am curious to know what Minnesota was offering, because I heard that Williams shot the deal down.

Trent killed the Minnesota deal - why?Minnesota is a contender, he protected Kirk Cousins for years and the Vikings were willing to pay him. So what was the beef? M

Trent’s agent, Vince Taylor, recently accused the Redskins of not acting in good faith for Trent - so then HE kills the deal?!
Maybe there was bad blood between Cousins and Williams, but I would guess that Kirk was pushing the Minnesota leadership to hire TW. Cousins knew what Trent was worth and wanted Trent to protect him again.

In the end, the Redskins got only MODEST VALUE for Trent Williams. We have a big hole in our OL. The fifth round pick we got in the trade, was used in a surprising player, Ishmael- G/C. Guard or Center is not a position of need until NEXT YEAR, if we lose Scherff (G) or Roullier (C). So we lost Trent essentially for depth - for a backup player. On the positive side, we do have a third for next year and we saved more money for our cap, which are not even using this year. The best part of this trade was simply to end this distraction. We’ve been talking about this negative issue for 8 months.

Rivera was left with an awful position with Trent. Rivera talked to Trent to try to stay. They even l fired all the people that did Trent wrong, but it appears that this was really ABOUT MORE MONEY. Trent’s outrageous salary demands killed most potential deals, he stopped a possible deal with Minnesota and his agent burned the bridge with the Redskins. Teams knew Rivera was in a tight spot, which is why the bidding was so low. Ultimately, this problem was Bruce Allen’s last turd left for the team. He could have EASILY SCORED a FIRST ROUND pick last year (or MORE) but decided to punish Trent instead of gaining a sweet trade that the team could have really used!!

The team gained what little they could instead of having a first rounder based on Trent’s true worth. More Bruce Allen BUFFONERY!!

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 02:26 PM   #26
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Trent killed the Minnesota deal - why?Minnesota is a contender, he protected Kirk Cousins for years and the Vikings were willing to pay him. So what was the beef? M

Trent’s agent, Vince Taylor, recently accused the Redskins of not acting in good faith for Trent - so then HE kills the deal?!
Maybe there was bad blood between Cousins and Williams, but I would guess that Kirk was pushing the Minnesota leadership to hire TW. Cousins knew what Trent was worth and wanted Trent to protect him again.

In the end, the Redskins got only MODEST VALUE for Trent Williams. We have a big hole in our OL. The fifth round pick we got in the trade, was used in a surprising player, Ishmael- G/C. Guard or Center is not a position of need until NEXT YEAR, if we lose Scherff (G) or Roullier (C). So we lost Trent essentially for depth - for a backup player. On the positive side, we do have a third for next year and we saved more money for our cap, which are not even using this year. The best part of this trade was simply to end this distraction. We’ve been talking about this negative issue for 8 months.

Rivera was left with an awful position with Trent. Rivera talked to Trent to try to stay. They even l fired all the people that did Trent wrong, but it appears that this was really ABOUT MORE MONEY. Trent’s outrageous salary demands killed most potential deals, he stopped a possible deal with Minnesota and his agent burned the bridge with the Redskins. Teams knew Rivera was in a tight spot, which is why the bidding was so low. Ultimately, this problem was Bruce Allen’s last turd left for the team. He could have EASILY SCORED a FIRST ROUND pick last year (or MORE) but decided to punish Trent instead of gaining a sweet trade that the team could have really used!!

The team gained what little they could instead of having a first rounder based on Trent’s true worth. More Bruce Allen BUFFONERY!!
I think Trent and Shanarat had spoken and had something up their Sleeve. How coincidental that Staley retires and Williams takes over.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 04-26-2020, 03:24 PM   #27
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'm already past Trent, good luck to him but It's all about our guy big Chuck now!!
Old 04-26-2020, 04:49 PM   #28
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

So what's the next big distraction? Or maybe we're past that now ..

Bruce Allen shit-canned -- check
Jay Gruden fired -- check
Quinton Dunbar acting a fool, traded -- check
Trent Williams little bitch syndrome, traded -- check

Are we now reduced to on field performance issues to debate? Like "is Haskins really the one?"?
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 04:55 PM   #29
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
So what's the next big distraction? Or maybe we're past that now ..

Bruce Allen shit-canned -- check
Jay Gruden fired -- check
Quinton Dunbar acting a fool, traded -- check
Trent Williams little bitch syndrome, traded -- check

Are we now reduced to on field performance issues to debate? Like "is Haskins really the one?"?
It's always about the QB lol ask Kirk Cousins
Old 04-27-2020, 12:38 PM   #30
jamf
Pro Bowl

Don't let this organization off the hook for this fiasco.
It's been the same toxic environment for 20+ years and Snyder is root of all this.

We all hope it's a new day at Redskins park and maybe it is but don't be so quick to throw a player under the bus.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote