Dunbar traded to Seahawks

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-23-2020, 11:14 PM   #31
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Dunbar traded to Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I liked Breeland when he was here more than the average Skins fan. Would be cool to bring him back. And he wants to be here. And he's won a Super Bowl. Let's make it happen!!
I always said he was our best CB, instead they signed Norman who didn’t do shit and let Breeland leave through FA, that was a mistake.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2020, 11:18 PM   #32
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I always said he was our best CB, instead they signed Norman who didn’t do shit and let Breeland leave through FA, that was a mistake.
Was definitely awesome when he dominated Dez Typical Big Mouth Cowboys Player/Fan Bryant.

If we could sign one more FA that is a reasonable target, he would be my guy.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:10 AM   #33
Warthog
The Starter

A fifth draft pick is nothing. If Dunbar really wanted out then good riddance. Rivera is definitely the ANTI-BRUCE ALLEN. Allen was always about the big splash in FA. He went for guys who had injury backgrounds because they were cheaper. We never had any depth. Rivera is getting depth players who no one cares about. Rivera wants to build through the draft.

But the team has a LOT of holes which are not being answered in FA. We have NOTHING at TE. We hired a FS who was hurt almost all last season. I like the Kendall Fuller signing and hope we can get back Breeland. Rivera is putting a lot of pressure on Kyle Smith to find the diamonds in the depths of the draft and UDFA. If Kyle can get starters at TE and OT and WR#2 from the sub-third round and lower draft, then he will have proved himself to Rivera and deserves the GM job!!

Although it might not be popular, I’d like to see us re-hire Trent for a reasonable contract with the guaranteed money he wants. Not $20 mill, but with no interest in the NFL perhaps he will be more reasonable.

Rivera is definitely being responsible , getting players for reasonable salaries. But exactly what are they saving all the cap money for? They were going to throw $25 mill for Cooper but they didn’t want to pay Hooper an extra $500,000 a year? An extra $2 mill for Flowers? Rivera is definitely NOT over-paying for FA.

HOWEVER, Until the Redskins get better, until the team starts winning, until the team gets a winning culture, until the fans come back - they may need to overpay a little to get good players to come here or stay here. They may need to bring in young FA. I just don’t think Kyle Smith can be a miracle worker at every draft pick.

But Rivera has shown he wants to win and build a team via the draft- after 20 years of Snyder/Cerrato/Allen trying to win with overpaid, under-performing guys who came here to CASH IN. It’s a big change and this team can only go up! I really believe in Kyle Smith and by the FA period, so does Rivera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:05 AM   #34
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Agreed, but with the cap spend specifically, a couple of points:
1) We are not party to the dialogues with other parties so we don't know the specifics in every instance, if any. All we're doing is reading between the lines. With all these negotiations they have to be balancing all the cap space across multiple strands of dialogue simultaneously. That may mean a wrong decision is made here or there because they misjudged the cap impact of upping our offer in that moment. As such I think they are erring on the side of caution, unlike say the Dolphins who have commited a lot of money to mainly 2nd tier FAs with no proven pedigree.
2) It's not just the year 1 impact to consider. We splash out on an FA we are not 100% sold on, we could be in cap he'll in 2-3 years time, especially when we want to re-sign/extend guys already on the roster, rookie contracts etc. We know largely what we have and who we want to keep, hence the Dunbar trade, releasing Nicholson etc. Says to me Ron wants to keep guys like Allen, Payne, Holcomb, Sims, Harmon etc. and probably the guys we're not 100% on like Sweat. We commit say $20M cap to someone like Cooper, just for example, over the next 2-3 years and that's money we burn or can't spend elsewhere. I'd rather go into September with $20M cap space than waste our opportunities next year and maybe more importantly, the year after. We can't buy a SB team this year so why try?
3) Just my thinking, but I think they are keeping money aside to re-sign TW, assuming his trsde search is fruitless. Yes there'd still be money left after that, but it's a factor.

I think they could have been a little more aggressive in going after the likes of Hooper, Littleton etc. Guys I would say were good prime candidates. But we don't know what happened when they called them. I'm inclined to trust the process for now at least.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:17 AM   #35
Ohioskins
Special Teams

Well is there a backup CB who is coming off an injury ? That is who we will sign.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:35 AM   #36
Meks
Pro Bowl

at least a 4 and 7 or something.... this trade sucks asshole unless we reap something out of the pick.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:36 AM   #37
Meks
Pro Bowl

i hope this means they are signing breeland, whom i thought should have been given more time here anyway
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 03-24-2020, 11:20 AM   #38
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
i hope this means they are signing breeland, whom i thought should have been given more time here anyway
Logan Ryan could be other option as well
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:43 AM   #39
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Logan Ryan could be other option as well
wouldnt mind either, or both lol
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 03-24-2020, 05:53 PM   #40
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
at least a 4 and 7 or something.... this trade sucks asshole unless we reap something out of the pick.
Yeah I agree.Why not just pay the guy? We pay Norman 18 mill per year for shitty play and bad tude but we cant give this guy a raise?
Old 03-24-2020, 06:29 PM   #41
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Yeah I agree.Why not just pay the guy? We pay Norman 18 mill per year for shitty play and bad tude but we cant give this guy a raise?
2 different coaches. Remember, RR and the Panthers didn't pay Norman the big payday, we did.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:35 PM   #42
MTK
\m/

It’s all about culture change, you’re either all in you’re out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk