Bucs Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-10-2021, 12:45 AM   #61
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I'm not displeased at all. He's played great. He has earned consideration. I'm not handing him anything though. Nothing wrong with competition.
Agreed. They can't let him walk tho not by any means.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-10-2021, 12:46 AM   #62
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Hey, y'all! Check out this video and photo....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1348124680738242560

https://mobile.twitter.com/PittmanSa...94629330219008
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:46 AM   #63
Meks
Pro Bowl

I mean, yea, personally I want him to start. I want him as our starter and to draft around him. I'd rather not even draft a qb at all and make smart picks to bolster our roster and roll the dice on Heineken
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 01-10-2021, 12:59 AM   #64
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I could be wrong, but wasn't this his second NFL start? I don't think he finished his first start (in Carolina), and he almost didn't finish this one.

I'm not saying they shouldn't to try to keep him, because he's definitely looked great in the 4 1/2 quarters he's played here. I'm just not convinced he is durable.

Yeah he may or may not be. Im not going to say he isn’t based off of an elbow injury in a game where he threw 55 passes and a concussion. Could just be two really unlucky plays or hits or whatever. To me durability means playing when you are nicked up though not avoiding injury all together. That is luck. He got hit hard enough tonight to be taken to the locker room and came back out and almost won the game. It isn’t like we are going to mortgage our future on him next year so it is worth the chance imo. Time will tell. I feel better about the quarterback position than i did five hours ago ill tell you that much.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:02 AM   #65
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yeah he may or may not be. Im not going to say he isn’t based off of an elbow injury in a game where he threw 55 passes and a concussion. Could just be two really unlucky plays or hits or whatever. To me durability means playing when you are nicked up though not avoiding injury all together. That is luck. He got hit hard enough tonight to be taken to the locker room and came back out and almost won the game. It isn’t like we are going to mortgage our future on him next year so it is worth the chance imo. Time will tell. I feel better about the quarterback position than i did five hours ago ill tell you that much.
5 hours did a lot. I 100% agree.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 01-10-2021, 01:04 AM   #66
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Yeah, I gotta say I'm not sold on Turner so far either. If that position can be upgraded in the offseason too, I'm all for it.

Fuck Turner. Dude is meh on a good day. You want to give the offense a boost then give it a new OC.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:06 AM   #67
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
TB12 has now beat 17 teams in his playoff career.

He’s beaten more teams than any Other QB has total wins in playoff history.

Let that sink in folks

All the was it BB or TB talk can just go away. Tom Brady has been so good for so long that there is no way he did not sell his soul to the devil.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:09 AM   #68
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yeah, me too.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:34 AM   #69
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Brady was too tough to overcome..

Our defense struggled. Had our hands full with coverage and gave up too much on the ground. Moreland not good last night...he should have run with brown on that td.

Would have like to seen more screens versus a more effective pass rush than skins from bucs. But Oline was a let down across the board. We get no blocking from Logan Thomas at TE.

The drops killed 2 drives in the first half...we need WRs

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:24 AM   #70
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post

There is no way in hell the league was letting Us win last night. The refs were so one sided it was insane
Old 01-10-2021, 08:27 AM   #71
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Heineken deserves a lot of praise for this game but some of you guys are going way overboard already wanting him to be the starter next year,it’s just 1 game!
And it’s one game he couldn’t even stay on the field for,on a couple of hits that wouldn’t have even fazed the glass like body of RG3.
I don’t see anyway this kid gonna make it thru a 16 game season but we have to move on from Alex Smith,that is for damn sure.
Heiney deserves a chance to be brought back and compete next year but that’s it,we still need to find a qb.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:43 AM   #72
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Heineken deserves a lot of praise for this game but some of you guys are going way overboard already wanting him to be the starter next year,it’s just 1 game!
And it’s one game he couldn’t even stay on the field for,on a couple of hits that wouldn’t have even fazed the glass like body of RG3.
I don’t see anyway this kid gonna make it thru a 16 game season but we have to move on from Alex Smith,that is for damn sure.
Heiney deserves a chance to be brought back and compete next year but that’s it,we still need to find a qb.

Yeah I was saying this last night as well. Dude played great and I want to keep him around to compete but he’d have to really hit the weight room and bulk to a size like a Romo was. His arm is comparable to a Romo as well, but Day 1 starter? No way lol. If he competes with a rookie and wins the job fine but I’d still rather have a Stafford or Matt Ryan for 2 years.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:49 AM   #73
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Kyle Allen and Heineken should both be in the mix and brought back

Let’s just everyone agree Alex Smith needs to retire, if not we absolutely should not consider him an option next year.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:02 AM   #74
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think you have to give the TB o-line credit. They did a good job protecting Brady.

Our running game SUCKED. We couldn't run inside, and we needed a good running game.
Well TB does have the best run D this year.....
Old 01-10-2021, 09:39 AM   #75
Defensewins
Playmaker

For those blaming the defense, we played a pretty good QB who has great weapons and good line in front of him. Brady had a power running game helping him. Tampa defense is also no joke. Despite all of that, we had the ball down by 5 or 6 late in the 4th quarter with plenty of time and could not score. PERIOD. The defense played well enough to win against a very good team.
Heineke looks great. We finally have QB that has the brain, foot work, accurate arm and can scramble. He loves and plays well in our system. He has command of our system. What a concept! I really like this kid. He had no running game and was running for his life.
We need to keep investing building the lines in the draft. It has served us well so far on defense. We need that on offense. Please, no more reaching for a QB or WR. If we had a running game today, we would have won.
It is NOT the defenses fault.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote