Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2021, 07:30 PM   #136
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,250
Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

The Eagles are no pushover. Iíve gone to some of these last game of the season battles and neither team mails in the game.

The Eagles have a lot of injuries, including COX who always seems to have our number. Good heís not playing. However a guy-with-a-grudge is DESEAN JACKSON, who has stomped our ass on more than a few games, when he isnít injured. Heís BACK from IR and ready to get a long TD or two against us, mostly for revenge because Snyder and Bruce Allen dumped him after a 1000 yard season here. Donít get me going on that one. Heís got to be watched because heís still got some juice.

The new QB Hurt is playing for his career now. If he wins this game he goes into the off-season perhaps in the lead over Carson Wentz. He can run and throw, but if pressured he will make mistakes. Thatís the game - keeping Hurt contained.

A Big DEAL is whether McLaurin can play. Heís the only player the DC worry about. Thereís a huge drop off if he canít play. However, as with Alex Smith theyíre not going to get them hurt, if theyíre not pretty much 100%.

Turner needs to stay with the run. He panicked last week when the team got behind and that caused Haskins to make it worse with his bad decisions.
However, I liked that Turner opened up with an occasional long ball to keep the defense honest. Itís too bad Cam Sims wasnít able to haul that one in.

Alex Smith will start - can he finish the game??

This game is a win-win. If we win we go to the playoffs. If we lose we get a better draft pick and perhaps more direction toward where the team needs to go in the draft and FA.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-02-2021, 07:44 PM   #137
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,518
Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
The Eagles are no pushover. Iíve gone to some of these last game of the season battles and neither team mails in the game.

The Eagles have a lot of injuries, including COX who always seems to have our number. Good heís not playing. However a guy-with-a-grudge is DESEAN JACKSON, who has stomped our ass on more than a few games, when he isnít injured. Heís BACK from IR and ready to get a long TD or two against us, mostly for revenge because Snyder and Bruce Allen dumped him after a 1000 yard season here. Donít get me going on that one. Heís got to be watched because heís still got some juice.

The new QB Hurt is playing for his career now. If he wins this game he goes into the off-season perhaps in the lead over Carson Wentz. He can run and throw, but if pressured he will make mistakes. Thatís the game - keeping Hurt contained.

A Big DEAL is whether McLaurin can play. Heís the only player the DC worry about. Thereís a huge drop off if he canít play. However, as with Alex Smith theyíre not going to get them hurt, if theyíre not pretty much 100%.

Turner needs to stay with the run. He panicked last week when the team got behind and that caused Haskins to make it worse with his bad decisions.
However, I liked that Turner opened up with an occasional long ball to keep the defense honest. Itís too bad Cam Sims wasnít able to haul that one in.

Alex Smith will start - can he finish the game??

This game is a win-win. If we win we go to the playoffs. If we lose we get a better draft pick and perhaps more direction toward where the team needs to go in the draft and FA.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure DJAX is out.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 08:08 PM   #138
PorkSkins
The Starter
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,080
Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Pretty sure DJAX is out.
Jackson is out.

Here's another tweet from earlier today involving the Eagles.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jeff_McLa...75201417195520
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:35 PM   #139
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 30,250
Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
Jackson is out.

Here's another tweet from earlier today involving the Eagles.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jeff_McLa...75201417195520
Why would they want to win? A team depleted with offensive talent and defensive for that matter needs a top 5 pick, if they lose they are a lock for that.
__________________
ďMediocre people donít like high achievers, and high achievers donít like mediocre people.Ē
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:02 AM   #140
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,250
Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Pretty sure DJAX is out.

Yeah, I just saw that. Good. Heís a revenge sort of player, as he showed when we had him and we played the Eagles!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:08 AM   #141
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,250
Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Why would they want to win? A team depleted with offensive talent and defensive for that matter needs a top 5 pick, if they lose they are a lock for that.

Players donít tank. Theyíre playing for a spot next year. The team may start pulling back if weíre winning by a couple TDís but weíre not good enough to get that high. Hurt, in particular, is vying as a possible consideration as the starter next year. Heís certainly have to compete against Wentz next TC, but if heís good enough the Eagles may not draft a Qb with their first draft pick.

Even with all the hurt Eagles this wonít be easy. Weíre not good enough for that, especially if McLaurin isnít playing (??).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:45 AM   #142
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 19,030
Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Players donít tank. Theyíre playing for a spot next year. The team may start pulling back if weíre winning by a couple TDís but weíre not good enough to get that high. Hurt, in particular, is vying as a possible consideration as the starter next year. Heís certainly have to compete against Wentz next TC, but if heís good enough the Eagles may not draft a Qb with their first draft pick.

Even with all the hurt Eagles this wonít be easy. Weíre not good enough for that, especially if McLaurin isnít playing (??).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with your first part - players don't tank. Players know that their next coach/employer looks at film from these type of games to see who has internal motivation.

I disagree about us not being good enough, it has gone under the radar because of the Haskins effect, but our offense has found some serious rhythm the last few games.( i am ignoring the first 20 minutes because I don't have a clue why they can't start at speed).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:24 AM   #143
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Posts: 19,168
Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

ESPN: Gibson, Smith, McLaurin ALL active.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:26 AM   #144
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 4,117
Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

How is this team going to break my heart today?

jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:44 AM   #145
SkinzWin
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 3,472
Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
How is this team going to break my heart today?

If we lose itís on you putting this bad juju out there!!
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:54 AM   #146
PorkSkins
The Starter
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,080
Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
If we lose itís on you putting this bad juju out there!!
Some people are wired to be pessimistic. I'm not saying that's necessarily the case for jamf, but I think you catch my drift. The heck with bad juju. We're gonna handle our business by kicking ass and taking names.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:06 AM   #147
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27,551
Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
ESPN: Gibson, Smith, McLaurin ALL active.
Big time news. Rolling these three as oppose to Trashkins, Sims Jr/AGG and Barber is a relief
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

ďThe game plan is what the game plan will beĒ
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:07 AM   #148
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 19,030
Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
Some people are wired to be pessimistic. I'm not saying that's necessarily the case for jamf, but I think you catch my drift. The heck with bad juju. We're gonna handle our business by kicking ass and taking names.
Our team has dropped stinkers many times including just last week. I think having a thought like jamf expressed isn't pessimistic as much as trained behavior. And even as I type this and watch Washington Football Kickoff Preview (team produced tv show) I see this on the tv. Is spelling versus right too much to ask for a professional team?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:20 AM   #149
PorkSkins
The Starter
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,080
Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Our team has dropped stinkers many times including just last week. I think having a thought like jamf expressed isn't pessimistic as much as trained behavior. And even as I type this and watch Washington Football Kickoff Preview (team produced tv show) I see this on the tv. Is spelling versus right too much to ask for a professional team?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
So, you don't think Haskins playing had any effect on our game last week? I feel pretty darn confident by saying if Smith wasn't injured or had we played Heinicke earlier then we would've won. Haskins is or was that bad!

Frankly, we have fared well when we've been in similar position (ie, 1999, 2005, 2007, 2012, and 2015). The only time we've crapped the bed was in 2016. Past history suggest we're good to go.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:37 AM   #150
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 19,030
Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
So, you don't think Haskins playing had any effect on our game last week? I feel pretty darn confident by saying if Smith wasn't injured or had we played Heinicke earlier then we would've won. Haskins is or was that bad!



Frankly, we have fared well when we've been in similar position (ie, 1999, 2005, 2007, 2012, and 2015). The only time we've crapped the bed was in 2016. Past history suggest we're good to go.
Sure playing Haskins had an effect. But the WFT has had enough flubs to hope they don't ruin our day/evening.

That said, cutting Haskins and having all three offensive players available take away ANY excuse for the WFT not win the game.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.17807 seconds with 12 queries