Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Sunday Ticket and PS3

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
skin4Life28
Special Teams

Sunday Ticket and PS3

Ok guys, Sunday Ticket is going to be available for PS3 owners. Either $350 if your a non directv memeber, or only $50 if you have directv. Sweet deal for those that have a PS3 and DirecTV.

NFL Sunday Ticket coming to the PS3 | DVICE
skin4Life28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Re: Sunday Ticket and PS3

WOO HOO you gotta be kidding me! Thats the best news I have heard in a long time I will be able to watch the Skins and I wont have to watch Buffalo 16 times a year!!! Thank god!
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

Keep in mind you still need the sunday ticket.

Quote:
The price for the package for subscribers is $50. If you are a non-subscriber, the price might give you more than a little sticker shock. You will need to shell out $339.95 to access the NFL Sunday Ticket on your PS3. That means a single season of the NFL will cost you more than you can get a new PS3 for.

DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket hits PS3 for subscribers and non-subscribers - SlashGear
Old 08-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
skin4Life28
Special Teams

I know! I can't believe it. For the playstation to get this over the Xbox is crazy! I'm glad I wont have to watch the Panthers at all! Wooooo!
skin4Life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Already being discussed in the Sunday ticket thread but probably a good idea to have a new thread on it anyway. Curious to see if it's an exclusive deal, and what they might do to differentiate the experience
Old 08-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Already being discussed in the Sunday ticket thread but probably a good idea to have a new thread on it anyway. Curious to see if it's an exclusive deal, and what they might do to differentiate the experience

Since I won't be dropping $350 on this, Iam more pumped to to see the ESPN on 360 when it comes out.

SS what will be streaming on that 360 ESPN? Like will we be able to watch Monday Night Football on it?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Not yet. If you have gold membership and your affiliate is partnered with us you'll get all of ESPN3's live and replay content. Plus all gold members get video highlights. Time Warner, Bright House, and Verizon tv subscribers will get MNF on their laptops and tablet devices.

Working on more stuff for the future, but they're extremely complicated negotiations. But that's why they pay me the "big bucks". Meeting with the NFL this afternoon in fact to continue discussions.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
Player_HTTR
Special Teams

I really don't get the advantage here as a subscriber. I have DirectTV/Sunday Tickit and a PS3, all of my televsions have a reciever. It's not like I have a TV sitting in the closet just waiting for the $5/10 price for an additional reciever to go down. I am already a little more than aggrevated that a new subcriber gets the Ticket for free, but they want me to pay another $50 to access it from my PS3.

It makes no sense for non-subcribers that REALLY want the ticket when the get it free for a year. They can by another PS3 and two games with what they saved for just switching providers.

@mredskins - *nm SS covered it. Which if you can somehow negotiate regional access from anywhere, to specifically the greater Washington D.C. metropolitan area, you would be my favorite person ever.
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
MTK
\m/

For subscribers I guess if you have a TV without a receiver it makes sense.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #10
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Finally a reason to actually own a PS3 lol.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

339.95 is actually reasonable for not having to go to direct TV and getting all of the Redskins games!!!!
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #12
Player_HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
For subscribers I guess if you have a TV without a receiver it makes sense.
An extra reciever is only $5/month. Hell, I have had a reciever waiting on a TV for months now. I know everyones situation is not mine, but I really see this only being beneficial to a handful of people. Enough of being a Debbie Downer, I hope somone finds the service to be useful.

@Jontrem-I guess I see that point for a non-sub. Not having to break apart a bundle or your contract with your current provider and being able to get the ticket makes sense. I really wanted this to be cooler for ME I guess. I get the thanks for being a loyal customer since 07 but a customer since last month gets the Ticket and all movie channels for a year for free crap just irks me. They have me where they want me and they know it.
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #13
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

I don't see any benefit to this. You still have to shell out a king's ransom for the Sunday Ticket, then they make you pay out an extra $50 just to play it on your PS3? And then, I suppose it's streaming through your internet hook of your PS3, which means that HD picture is eating up a lot of bandwidth. Maybe I'm wrong on that, I don't know.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #14
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player_HTTR View Post
An extra reciever is only $5/month. Hell, I have had a reciever waiting on a TV for months now. I know everyones situation is not mine, but I really see this only being beneficial to a handful of people. Enough of being a Debbie Downer, I hope somone finds the service to be useful.

@Jontrem-I guess I see that point for a non-sub. Not having to break apart a bundle or your contract with your current provider and being able to get the ticket makes sense. I really wanted this to be cooler for ME I guess. I get the thanks for being a loyal customer since 07 but a customer since last month gets the Ticket and all movie channels for a year for free crap just irks me. They have me where they want me and they know it.
You have to play the game. I disconnected from DirecTV shortly after last football season because it was getting way too expensive. I knew it was going to go up after the promotional period, but it seemed like it went up a lot more than what I had factored it out to be. I tried reducing my satellite package, but that only saved me about $10. I actually was just fine without it until this football season, and so I took advantage of the reconnect deals they were sending me through the mail.

I do agree with you. DTV does need to throw a bone to those loyal customers who have it for years and puts up with those high prices. If the NFL could ever negotiate with the other satellite and cable companies to provide options similar to the NFL Sunday Ticket, then you guys would have some major options of playing the satellite companies against each other.

I'm lucky in that I currently live in a city in which the Redskins play on the local channels each Sunday, but I'm going to be moving a little further South next year, and I think I might be just out of the Redskins market area. I'm going to start throwing back a few bucks here and there so that if this IS the case, then I'll have the money saved up for the Sunday Ticket next season. I am one of those lucky enough to get it free this season, so at least I can check it out and see how it is so I know what to expect next season.

But, call them up and negotiate with DirecTV. I've always found them to be very friendly and helpful.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #15
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player_HTTR View Post

Yeah I know, but that's an extra $60 a year. I don't really see a huge benefit either to save $10.