Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

NBA Season 2013-2014

Other Sports

Old 07-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #121
SirLK26
The Starter

Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

So where do you think LeBron and Melo end up? I'm thinking Melo heads to either Dallas or Houston.

Hoping Houston pursues Kevin Love. If we got Love and Rondo, that would definitely be a success. Heck, just getting Love would be a success. But obviously I'd be happy with LeBron or Melo as well.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #122
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSkinsFan View Post
Wizards are starting their courtship of Ariza. If they sign Ariza, will they have enough room for Durant in a couple years, assuming he leaves OKC?
Lol, I can picture it now. The decision featuring Trevor Ariza

With that said it would be much easier to part with Ariza at this point if Porter Jr wasn't injury prone not to mention a little further along in his development. However most importantly in regards to us possibly loosing Ariza.........WHO WILL I USE TO DEFEND THE OTHER TEAMS TOP SCORER IN NBA 2K?!!?!?!?!?!

As for Durant well I found this funny picture about a week ago:

I don't think Durant would be the type to leave OKC unless things really got bad. And in regards to the DC area and its teams I don't think Durants fan dom goes much further than the Redskins. Maybe the Nationals as well giving he has a tattoo of the teams logo.

However keep in mind this is the same guy that decided to go to Texas for college ball instead of Georgetown, Maryland, or even George Mason.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #123
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

LeBron James announces return to Cleveland Cavaliers - NBA - SI.com

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:36 PM   #124
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Don't know how I feel about Caron visiting
Jez, are you serious? Thats terrible. Effing Grunfield....

He Gets Us
Old 07-11-2014, 01:46 PM   #125
SirLK26
The Starter

Cavs could be a real contender next season. Irving, then Wiggins, and now LeBron gives them a pretty solid team on paper. It's a good time for Cavs fans.

I imagine the FAs will start flowing now that the LeBron logjam is cleared up. Still hoping for Love to Houston.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #126
itvnetop
Playmaker

Wow didn't think he was leaving... I read somewhere that Gilbert, Lebron and his agent all met for four hours last week in Miami. I feel bad for Wade, though... opted out of all that money for this season.

I think Cleveland should ship Wiggins to Minny for Love. Lebron's not going to want to wait too long to win and Love makes them instant contenders.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #127
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I'm really surprised he chose Cleveland. Maybe it's to atone for how he left in the first place. Without a doubt it's not his best chance of winning a championship right now, but I give him props for taking on the challenge and for this article he wrote. (indirectly)

"I知 ready to accept the challenge. I知 coming home."

This to me says it all.

That said, you have to wonder now if they'll move Andrew Wiggins. Potentially trade him for Kevin Love? Hell, I'd do that in a heart beat if I were Minnesota.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:55 PM   #128
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
<snip>That said, you have to wonder now if they'll move Andrew Wiggins. Potentially trade him for Kevin Love? Hell, I'd do that in a heart beat if I were Minnesota.
Why?
Old 07-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #129
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Why?
Minnesota is losing Kevin Love regardless. I'd rather get a talent like Wiggins in return.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:01 PM   #130
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
I'm really surprised he chose Cleveland. Maybe it's to atone for how he left in the first place. Without a doubt it's not his best chance of winning a championship right now, but I give him props for taking on the challenge and for this article he wrote. (indirectly)

This to me says it all.

That said, you have to wonder now if they'll move Andrew Wiggins. Potentially trade him for Kevin Love? Hell, I'd do that in a heart beat if I were Minnesota.
It's his own take on MJ's career. Where MJ Went to play Baseball for a year or two LeBron decided to go to Miami Still its kind of funny. On Saturday Night I was telling my friends one of whom is a genuine (read ultra rare non-bandwagon) Miami Heat fan that I felt like everything was pointing towards Lebron returning to Cleveland and if you had asked me the same question the week before that I would have said he would be going back to Miami. They told me I was crazy.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 07-11-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:52 AM   #131
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:

This to me says it all.

If I were him, I wouldn't have done it. I'm not too surprised though. It'd been rumored for months and the legit options were kind of limited. I think his wife really wanted him back in Cleveland. Meant a lot to her to have him there with the kids. So for all those reasons I get it. But still, he's a better man than I am because I don't think I could have forgiven Gilbert and the Cavs fans just like that. I get that people were upset over "The Decision" but that they felt he ever owed them anything is crazy, in my opinion.

Anyhow, looks like they have the makings of a strong team being built there. They'll be back in the East finals by 2016 at the latest
Old 07-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #132
SirLK26
The Starter

Meh...

Trevor Ariza signs four-year, $32 million contract with Rockets - SBNation.com
Old 07-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #133
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Rather have gortat over ariza coming back. Thing that sux is Webster is gonna be out, gotta sign a stop gap type and Otto needs to effing step up

He Gets Us
Old 07-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #134
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Rather have gortat over ariza coming back. Thing that sux is Webster is gonna be out, gotta sign a stop gap type and Otto needs to effing step up
Yeah, not that excited about Ariza being added. Nice consolation prize, I suppose, but Morey's got some work ahead if he wants to put out a better lineup this season.

Seeing rumors that the Cavs have a deal for Love that possibly involves Wiggins.

Edit: I feel really stupid right now. That Cavs rumor came from a thread on another site, but it was actually started a few days ago, nothing recent.

Last edited by SirLK26; 07-13-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:10 AM   #135
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

So the Wizards have decided to replace Trevor Ariza with Paul Pierce, per ESPN's Marc Stein