Welcome your Washington Commanders

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-02-2022, 10:19 AM   #91
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Welcome your Washington Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
What are we going to call them for short? The Commies? The C-Men?
'Ders
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-02-2022, 10:19 AM   #92
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Mandies?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:22 AM   #93
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Mandies?
Coms

I like that . something will emerge and that will be it.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:25 AM   #94
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I noted they posted the update in the official FB group just over an hour ago (why not simultaneous this morning?) and a rough sampling of the 2.6K+ posts in response, suggests over 90% don't like the name.

It's here, it's what it is, but everything I've seen so far suggests this idea of a 'fan consultation' was a totally transparent sham. Is Snyder the only one convinced it was what they say it was? Great way to start a new era, build upon a foundation of a lie.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:27 AM   #95
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I like C-men. Fans can wear those hats shaped like sperm that are so commonly worn by middle age men on Halloween night.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:27 AM   #96
simbosargos75
Special Teams

Not a fan. But I don't really have any better suggestions.

I liked "Redskins".

--On Wisconsin
simbosargos75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:30 AM   #97
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
I noted they posted the update in the official FB group just over an hour ago (why not simultaneous this morning?) and a rough sampling of the 2.6K+ posts in response, suggests over 90% don't like the name.

It's here, it's what it is, but everything I've seen so far suggests this idea of a 'fan consultation' was a totally transparent sham. Is Snyder the only one convinced it was what they say it was? Great way to start a new era, build upon a foundation of a lie.
Is there somewhere that shows the percentage of fans that liked other names instead? Like __% of fans wanted Red Tails, etc...

My guess is 90% of fans didn't want ANY other name at all.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:31 AM   #98
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Do you think by not supporting it, it will go away?
Well, for the last 20 years we've been saying talk with your $, or lack thereof. Many have done so as evidences from the hardest ticket to get in the NFL to the easiest. Demand has plunged and not just because of losing, it is because of active fans withholding spend due to Danny and his destructiveness. I used to spend wads of cash on redskins gear but have played the long game. The really long game. Was hoping the hole it the pocket would eventually hurt so bad that he would sell the team. Instead, he has a vice grip on this victim of a team and fanbase. I am totally guilty of enabling this guy, but frankly being a skins fan is a personal identity of mine which doesn't seem to subside, it just is continually hopeful with hopes dashed year over year like a trouble relationship. I personally feel the skins are either dead today or I go into deep denial and just keep calling the the Redskins. I have a decision to make. I was hoping something to ease the transition like redwolves, but for me, this is an identity, psychologically deep, and Commanders is a completely unrelated identity. I'm a bit lost as to what to do next. My family is encouraging me to adopt a new team, one that isn't chronically dysfunctional as it is becoming unhealthy to continue supporting something that is bad for me
Old 02-02-2022, 10:39 AM   #99
ArizonaSkinFan
Camp Scrub

I hear those of you saying you are going to jump ship. This would be as good a time as any I suppose with the official name change. I went to my first game at old RFK in the 70s and have been through the good and bad. I hate Dan Snyder and what he has done to this once proud franchise.

But I can't adopt another team. Ride or Die with Washington for better or worse.
ArizonaSkinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:41 AM   #100
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://twitter.com/TheBrassDC/statu...77006833995778

Terrible. Gotta do better for the road uni's.

Let's go commies. You are all my comrades.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:45 AM   #101
SunnySide
Playmaker

Commanders ... okay. What we expected.

I guess Ill spend the rest of my life trying to get used to it.

Now go find a good QB for the next 10 years.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:47 AM   #102
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

The logo is total shit. It looks like Dan Snyder drew it with a protractor and a ruler on his desk. No artistry whatsoever. Also, I've been a Washington fan for over 50 years and even I don't know what some of those dates are supposed to represent.

Summo could have designed better uniforms and graphics in 15 minutes than the dog doo Snyder and his minions came up with after two years of bullshitting us about the fans being part of the process.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:49 AM   #103
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
The logo is total shit. It looks like Dan Snyder drew it with a protractor and a ruler on his desk. No artistry whatsoever. Also, I've been a Washington fan for over 50 years and even I don't know what some of those dates are supposed to represent.

Summo could have designed better uniforms and graphics in 15 minutes than the dog doo Snyder and his minions came up with after two years of bullshitting us about the fans being part of the process.
2 NFL Championships and 3 Super Bowl Victories plus the inaugural year of the franchise.

Been a fan 50 years and don't know that? Might be more embarrassing then this name change.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:53 AM   #104
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Well, for the last 20 years we've been saying talk with your $, or lack thereof. Many have done so as evidences from the hardest ticket to get in the NFL to the easiest. Demand has plunged and not just because of losing, it is because of active fans withholding spend due to Danny and his destructiveness. I used to spend wads of cash on redskins gear but have played the long game. The really long game. Was hoping the hole it the pocket would eventually hurt so bad that he would sell the team. Instead, he has a vice grip on this victim of a team and fanbase. I am totally guilty of enabling this guy, but frankly being a skins fan is a personal identity of mine which doesn't seem to subside, it just is continually hopeful with hopes dashed year over year like a trouble relationship. I personally feel the skins are either dead today or I go into deep denial and just keep calling the the Redskins. I have a decision to make. I was hoping something to ease the transition like redwolves, but for me, this is an identity, psychologically deep, and Commanders is a completely unrelated identity. I'm a bit lost as to what to do next. My family is encouraging me to adopt a new team, one that isn't chronically dysfunctional as it is becoming unhealthy to continue supporting something that is bad for me
The problem is the NFL does profit sharing so he will always have $$$ coming in even we stopped buying merch and going to games.

Bullets to Wizards was way worst. Indians to Guardians was horrible. Commanders isn't that bad.

IMO Redwolves was not so great, there are no wolves roaming around DC.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:56 AM   #105
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Is there somewhere that shows the percentage of fans that liked other names instead? Like __% of fans wanted Red Tails, etc...

My guess is 90% of fans didn't want ANY other name at all.
Those that are angry are always going to be more vocal than those that are satisfied. This is true in google reviews, yelp, school board meetings and renaming NFL teams.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote