Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who Don’t You Want at 11?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-25-2022, 02:13 PM   #31
MTK
\m/

Re: Who Don’t You Want at 11?

I'm fine with Hamilton or a WR at 11. Anything else is going to be a surprise.

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2022, 02:18 PM   #32
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Hamilton, Gardner, or Lloyd I'd be happy with on D.

Or best available player on offense. Would be fine with any position if the player has a chance to be elite.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 03:21 PM   #33
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Keim says he is hearing Drake London or Kyle HAMILTON
Old 04-25-2022, 05:38 PM   #34
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Idk much about Hamilton other than he's a big physical guy. All I care about now when it comes to drafting a safety is can he cover? Cause that is the league now. I really don't want a box safety. Or at least not one in the first round. Can you line up across from all of the athletic TE's and cover? If you can't do that then no point in drafting a safety in the first round.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 05:41 PM   #35
vallin21
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I’d say any of these QBs or WR Drake London.
I’m with you on Drake London. (In my opinion) he’s the fourth best WR in the draft behind Wilson, Williams, and Olave.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 05:42 PM   #36
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Not any one player in particular, but no QB, no D-lineman, no RB, and no TE. Every other position is fair game if they have the player graded out at 11 or better. That said, I'm a fan of picking Kyle Hamilton, the best CB available, or trading back a couple spots and netting another couple picks.
Why wouldn't d-line or TE be on the table at 11?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 06:01 PM   #37
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Why wouldn't d-line or TE be on the table at 11?
There is no TE in this draft worthy of the #11 pick.

D-line is probably the strongest position group. I am not a fan of using the #11 pick to address the strongest position group.

I think we're good at DE - definitely have other pressing needs.

Could use some depth at DL, and I wouldn't be opposed to drafting for depth in the later rounds, but definitely not at #11.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 09:07 PM   #38
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Idk much about Hamilton other than he's a big physical guy. All I care about now when it comes to drafting a safety is can he cover? Cause that is the league now. I really don't want a box safety. Or at least not one in the first round. Can you line up across from all of the athletic TE's and cover? If you can't do that then no point in drafting a safety in the first round.

He can cover just fine

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/k...ton/dohC9Wztil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2022, 01:24 AM   #39
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
I’m with you on Drake London. (In my opinion) he’s the fourth best WR in the draft behind Wilson, Williams, and Olave.

I like Olave. Check out the video blurb on his training regimen in nfl.com. Really impressive and seems grounded. My guess is that they pick Hamilton and get a WR later given the depth in this WR class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2022, 05:58 AM   #40
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

FWIW, I saw a site that claimed to have the inside information on the #11 pick. According to this site, five players are under consideration, in this order: WR Drake London, S/LB Kyle Hamilton, WR Jameson Williams, WR Garret Wilson, and WR Chris Olave. If none of these players is on the board, then they will attempt to trade down.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 06:22 AM   #41
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
FWIW, I saw a site that claimed to have the inside information on the #11 pick. According to this site, five players are under consideration, in this order: WR Drake London, S/LB Kyle Hamilton, WR Jameson Williams, WR Garret Wilson, and WR Chris Olave. If none of these players is on the board, then they will attempt to trade down.
If none of those players are on the board I expect them to snap up one of the many many top OL/CB that will fall as a result. Reading that list looks like a summary of a bunch of freely available speculation from the last month. If more than 2 of WR are still there and hamilton is gone I expect that they will be tempted to drop a few spots and replenish mid round picks then get the guy who is left. Given the WR depth into the second day I cant see many teams taking a WR in the top 10
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 07:51 AM   #42
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I'm a bit skeptical about this information myself. For one thing, two of these WRs, London and Williams, are coming off of serious knee injuries. Williams probably won't be able to play until mid-season. Also, we haven't had much luck drafting WRs coming off of injuries. I would certainly have little concern about taking a top-notch OL or CB at #11.

If we trade down, I hope we trade even farther down than a few spots and get three or four picks in return. That's because I think this draft is deep in several positions where we could improve by adding young talent.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 07:55 AM   #43
EdmundDorf
The Starter

I suppose I am still influenced by the J.Doctson pick but I dont like taking receivers this high in the first round. It is obviously tempting to want a slew of great receivers to help Wentz, and having invested so much in getting Wentz it makes sense to provide him with as much opportunity to be successful as is possible. But I would be happier taking a WR if it was after a trade down to somewhere around #20. Same goes for OL as well.

Regarding not picking a DL, that is understandable, but I wonder whether in such a draft where we would have probably the choice of DT and maybe 1 or 2 good edge/DE to pick from, they would contemplate taking one and then flipping one of Sweat or Payne for more picks. The salary cap relief over the next 3-4 years would be worth $16-20m assuming of course they could find a decent return on Payne/Sweat which is obviously the tricky part. Just a thought.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 09:24 AM   #44
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
I suppose I am still influenced by the J.Doctson pick but I dont like taking receivers this high in the first round. It is obviously tempting to want a slew of great receivers to help Wentz, and having invested so much in getting Wentz it makes sense to provide him with as much opportunity to be successful as is possible. But I would be happier taking a WR if it was after a trade down to somewhere around #20. Same goes for OL as well.

Regarding not picking a DL, that is understandable, but I wonder whether in such a draft where we would have probably the choice of DT and maybe 1 or 2 good edge/DE to pick from, they would contemplate taking one and then flipping one of Sweat or Payne for more picks. The salary cap relief over the next 3-4 years would be worth $16-20m assuming of course they could find a decent return on Payne/Sweat which is obviously the tricky part. Just a thought.
I'm not against this idea. Although don't forget, draft is crapshoot.. Just because we draft a highly ranked DL, it does not necessarily mean he will automatically replace a proven vet's production. The worst scenario would be drafting a DL and trading away Payne/Sweat, only to realize that the rookie is not on the same level as Payne/Sweat.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 10:19 AM   #45
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
There is no TE in this draft worthy of the #11 pick.

D-line is probably the strongest position group. I am not a fan of using the #11 pick to address the strongest position group.

I think we're good at DE - definitely have other pressing needs.

Could use some depth at DL, and I wouldn't be opposed to drafting for depth in the later rounds, but definitely not at #11.
No TE worthy of a #11 pick? I totally agree with you. I'm just reminiscing of the time just 2 months ago where people were vehemently arguing to draft a player at another position which also doesn't have any players worthy of the #11 in this draft.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote