Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Dan Snyder is a genius

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-02-2004, 03:04 AM   #1
BrunellFan
Special Teams

Dan Snyder is a genius

Despite all the criticisms and nay-sayers... no one can really doubt the genus of Danny Snyder, because he realizes that ABOVE ALL ELSE... football is a business..

The Redskins made more money then any other team in the league last year. All these free agent splurges just make the fans eagerly anticipate the next year and make fans rabid for tickets and Redskins merchandise.

It doesnt matter if the Redskins win or lose.... Danny wins regardless. He must have a little chuckle everytime he reads Pasterbelly or that bitch Jenkins's articles, seeing as how he's keeping the fans rabid for this team and laughing all the way to the bank...
BrunellFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2004, 03:53 AM   #2
huntz
Special Teams

You've got a point BrunnellFan. Just the changes in the head coaches during the last several off seasons have pushed the fans buttons, then anticipating how they wanted to build their team made for a very interesting spring and mini-camps. Now we have trades thrown in with anticipation of the free agent signings and April draft. Danny has made following this franchise a 12 month adventure!!!
huntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:46 AM   #3
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I wouldn't undercut Snyders want to win. He makes a lot more money if we're seeing the playoffs on a consistant basis.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:48 AM   #4
cpayne5
Playmaker

Snyder grew up a Skins fan and desperately wants to win as much as us. I'm sure he'd trade in that $75million a year profit for a super bowl win.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:17 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

I won't label Snyder a genius until he's added another trophy or two to Redskins Park.

He's the undisputed genius of the offseason, I'll give you that, but Super Bowl's aren't won in March.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:29 AM   #6
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I agree that Snyder wants to win as much as anyone else. I love when they pan to him sitting in the owners box when we do somthing well. ( I remeber the shot of him at the 49ers game in 99', priceless) He shells out the money and tries to win, and makes dumb mistakes from time to time, ok, alot of the time. At least this time around, hes going after younger FA's.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:10 AM   #7
beg8878
Special Teams

It really depends on how you look at it...

If you are asking if he is a genius on the business end, then yes he is...the man made millions running a marketing firm. Do you think it is a coincedence that he knows how to keep his team on the front page of all the papers? he knows exactly what names to throw out there and what things to say to build anticipation.

From the football part, I would say no. I believe he is trying hard and I like that he is willing to try anything and when it fails just try again but until he has some success on the field, we can't give him credit for making the right moves.
beg8878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 01:57 PM   #8
Defensewins
Playmaker

All the latest happenings (new coaching staff, Portis, Brunell) has started to change my awful opinion of Snyder.
However I hate that Snyder re-signed loose lipped Gopher-Boy Cerrato. I don't like the fact that he is the "inside source close to the negotiations" in a lot of Redskins rumors in press clips. He needs to keep his mouth shut about Redskins business, especially to the press.
We need a real talent/draft expert!
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:14 PM   #9
Ghost
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by beg8878
It really depends on how you look at it...

If you are asking if he is a genius on the business end, then yes he is...the man made millions running a marketing firm. Do you think it is a coincedence that he knows how to keep his team on the front page of all the papers? he knows exactly what names to throw out there and what things to say to build anticipation.

From the football part, I would say no. I believe he is trying hard and I like that he is willing to try anything and when it fails just try again but until he has some success on the field, we can't give him credit for making the right moves.
I agree 100%, beg. His heart's in the right place but his offseason moves always seem to fall short or implode. Gibbs is a football genius though and hopefully some of that will rub off on Danny.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote