Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Will Snyder be pushed out?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-17-2020, 09:38 AM   #1
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Will Snyder be pushed out?

Matty if this seems like an unnecessary thread because it is being discussed in other ones than 86 it. I think it is one of the bigger developments of the past 25 years and should have its own. Ill start the bidding with a resounding YES! He is ultimately responsible for the team, and especially the front office where this occurred. Couple that with his track record and I think he is an extremely bad look for the NFL.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-17-2020, 09:43 AM   #2
mredskins
MVP

Re: Will Snyder be pushed out?

No he will stay.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:45 AM   #3
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

As much as I want to see Snyder removed as the owner, i feel this is not what will do it.

I think we have to wait and see if any more news comes out on Dan and the other stuff that was allegedly going on there. So many people had said that yesterday's news was just scratching the surface of all that was going on.

So we will see. If more stuff comes out that directly implicates Dan, then yes, but if this is all there is, i would think at worst we would be punished by losing a 1st round pick, and perhaps Dan himself is fined. I am curious as to what the NFL will do, i see the story is now mentioned on NFL.com.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:47 AM   #4
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Not from this. He wasn't directly involved even though it did happen under his supervision.

I also don't think the owners will force action on simply having this culture in his office because many other teams likely have the same problem and they do not want to set the precedent.

It's very disappointing but I think he'll need to make the decision to sell on his own. I do foresee some pressure from sponsors, but it might not be enough to force him out.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:48 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

Too early to say.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:50 AM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I hate Snyder and what he has maliciously done to this franchise. I want him gone

That said, I can’t see how this scandal is enough to have him remove. I don’t think his actions/inaction warrant his dismissal.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 09:56 AM   #7
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Firing Mann and Santos before the story came out actually does help Snyder's case quite a bit. I doubt Larry Michael had planned to retire.

I don't know how much Snyder is even in the Redskins Park offices. If he's like most CEOs, he's rarely in the office and spends most of his waking hours meeting with prospective partners and government officials.

I AM NOT letting him off the hook. He is ultimately responsible for who works there.

There have been reports that Bruce Allen witnessed a woman crying at her desk after feeling harassed and did not even acknowledge it. He likely knew everything going on.

Again, I'm not excusing it, but this is likely Snyder's side of the story.

What I'm curious about...were any of these offenses ever reported to Human Resources or if that wasn't an option the women thought would help, to the Department of Labor before they went to lawyers and the media? Paper trails are important to validate these kinds of claims.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:59 AM   #8
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

It Allen talks maybe
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:01 AM   #9
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
It Allen talks maybe
I doubt it, he's out of the franchise and would only implicate himself by talking. He's at the moment "safe" from this.

That doesn't mean others will talk and pull him into the fire.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:02 AM   #10
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Firing Mann and Santos before the story came out actually does help Snyder's case quite a bit. I doubt Larry Michael had planned to retire.
I don't know how NDA work in terms of firing vs retiring. I imagine a fired person is going to say GFOH. I think Larry knows too much so he "retired" to sign a NDA to prevent the heads above from rolling.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:05 AM   #11
Ruhskins
Living Legend

If Snyder was your run of the mill owner (i.e. Khan, Blank, etc., etc.), my answer would be no.

But given all the headaches he's given the league and he's not popular with his peers, it would not surprise me if he's pushed out.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:06 AM   #12
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If Snyder was your run of the mill owner (i.e. Khan, Blank, etc., etc.), my answer would be no.

But given all the headaches he's given the league and he's not popular with his peers, it would not surprise me if he's pushed out.
Making horrible football and business decisions doesn't factor into this.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:12 AM   #13
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:

I don't know how much Snyder is even in the Redskins Park offices. If he's like most CEOs, he's rarely in the office and spends most of his waking hours meeting with prospective partners and government officials.

I AM NOT letting him off the hook. He is ultimately responsible for who works there.

There have been reports that Bruce Allen witnessed a woman crying at her desk after feeling harassed and did not even acknowledge it. He likely knew everything going on.

What I'm curious about...were any of these offenses ever reported to Human Resources or if that wasn't an option the women thought would help, to the Department of Labor before they went to lawyers and the media? Paper trails are important to validate these kinds of claims.
Are you on reddit at all? There is a mega-thread on the r/redskins subreddit that is all about everything that is going on. There was a guy on there who wished to remain anonymous, but said that Larry Michael is a family friend and for many years they witnessed him being lewd & inappropriate at public functions and always wondered how he never faced consequences. He was described as not just being your "dirty old man" type person, but someone who was genuinely creepy and concerning with his words and actions.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #14
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Not on Reddit.

Here's an opinion on the topic:
https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/20...of-washington/

And on punishment from the league:
https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/20...disciplie-nfl/
Old 07-17-2020, 10:15 AM   #15
mredskins
MVP

Quote:

I have seen folks crying at their desk before; unless i saw what caused them to be upset i leave them alone. I doubt BA wants to put himself in a situation where he has to listen to a sad story about her latest break up. Some folks are drama queens too, i have worked with a few that cry about everything.

Now if she came too BA and said this this and this is going please help me and he ignored her, different story.