Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Josh Johnson Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-17-2018, 09:38 AM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Josh Johnson Thread

I think this guy deserves his own thread, lets think about what has been asked of this guy. Former Raiders practice squad QB that was cut in August, he signed to the AAF - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allian...rican_Football

The San Diego Fleet - Head coach is Mike Martz...

I will admit I had no idea this was even a thing...

So he comes in to a team that is nose diving faster than a missile and what does he do in his first start??? He beats the Jags on the road with 2 very good late game scoring drives. Yes I realize the Jags suck but they do not suck on defense (still a top 10 defense). The guy has played well in his limited time.

3 Total Td's 1 Int in 1 1/2 games played. He has a QBR of 98.2.

What I'm trying to say here is this guy has a chance to make history for himself and this franchise, he's the 4th QB to start a game this season! He could also very well save Jay's job if he does get this team to 9-7.

To be honest he looks better than Cold did and obviously Mark. The Titans and Eagles are both fighting for playoff spots like we are, but both games are winnable if the defense shows up.

Kudos to Josh Johnson for giving this team a shot when we all thought it was over.

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2018, 09:50 AM   #2
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: The Josh Johnson Thread

For him to come in off the streets basically, and rally the team around him, that's impressive. If Gruden can find the right rhythm of play calling, maybe JJ can lead the team on a streak. I don't think it would be a Eagles type run but this team had some parts working before the wheels fell off.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:51 AM   #3
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Definitely a nice surprise. It was great seeing how excited he was after the win. Hopefully that rubs off on the other guys.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:53 AM   #4
rocnrik
Playmaker

I like JJ !! There are great advantages with a mobile QB especially when your o line is full of backups.. the only disadvantage is the injury factor of running but he seems to get down and tries to avoid the big hit. I hope he plays well next two games and gets a shot to be on roster next year!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:14 AM   #5
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I'm not ready to crown the guy. His biggest play should have been a int and possibly the game would have been over right there. He also fumbled and Moses luckily got it back. I think you can see why the guy isn't in the league. But what I liked is he competed hard, got a few big plays with his legs and we won the game. It also helped that the Jags offense is worse than ours. They are just awful.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:16 AM   #6
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Is he the oldest player ever to have his first NFL win as a starting QB? I didn't have any luck Googling, but didn't spend much time at it. I am happy for him, not happy for the saving of the Gruden's job part. The team obviously needs a coach that instills some discipline.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #7
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm not ready to crown the guy. His biggest play should have been a int and possibly the game would have been over right there. He also fumbled and Moses luckily got it back. I think you can see why the guy isn't in the league. But what I liked is he competed hard, got a few big plays with his legs and we won the game. It also helped that the Jags offense is worse than ours. They are just awful.
He's a good athlete, he was the 1st overall pick in that league lol, I know that isn't saying much but still. I agree, the Jags are god awful on O, So this week against Ten, which isn't a great Offense either is a winnable game. I watch Mariota on film every week, he will turn it over if u get the pressure in his face, the key is stopping Derrick Henry who all of the sudden looks like a god.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:23 AM   #8
Back2RFK
Special Teams

You have to love when a guy gets a second, third, forth, etc.... chance and plays hard. He has 3 game to show if he can play in the NFL and could play his way as a back up for some team next year. I give the entire team credit for not giving up because I thought we were done in the 4 qtr.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:26 AM   #9
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

He said Fuck it!!

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...uars-game-f-it

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:38 AM   #10
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I like JJ !! There are great advantages with a mobile QB especially when your o line is full of backups.. the only disadvantage is the injury factor of running but he seems to get down and tries to avoid the big hit. I hope he plays well next two games and gets a shot to be on roster next year!
Since Lamar Jackson has taken over the Ravens vaulted from 27th rushing in the league to 7th. Before yesterday in the five games he played they out ran the opposing team by over 600 yards. That is TOP and ball control. Injuries can be an issue but in designed runs hits are limited. The key is deception in hand offs and defense having to respect the RPO. oh what could have been if RG3 took care of his body
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:46 AM   #11
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

JJ has done a remarkable job so far. He has contributed far more than i expected of him. I'm happy for him.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:47 AM   #12
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Since Lamar Jackson has taken over the Ravens vaulted from 27th rushing in the league to 7th. Before yesterday in the five games he played they out ran the opposing team by over 600 yards. That is TOP and ball control. Injuries can be an issue but in designed runs hits are limited. The key is deception in hand offs and defense having to respect the RPO. oh what could have been if RG3 took care of his body
The Titans see RPO in practice daily so they will be prepared for it but if AD can move the chains some it will be huge to open it up. Also now we can roll out much more , which we never did with Alex.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:50 AM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-...rts-alex-smith

"It wasn't pretty, but it was a very Alex Smith-type performance," Hall told the Junkies. "He protected the ball, he got out of the pocket when he needed to, he made plays with his feet. And he threw some passes in there that you felt good about moving forward."
Old 12-17-2018, 11:23 AM   #14
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The Titans see RPO in practice daily so they will be prepared for it but if AD can move the chains some it will be huge to open it up. Also now we can roll out much more , which we never did with Alex.
Maybe. I would assume they are practicing against the scout team with the offense they play against that week. Still the Titans D is very good.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #15
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Happy for the guy and for the team.
Still want Jay gone at the end of the season but credit him for this signing.

I also like the fact that the team seemed way more energised than the previous weeks. Is there a link? Don't know, but I think the difference between wins and losses for this team right now is pride or no pride, pumped up or deflated.

If they can stay pumped they might be able to pull this off. But I don't think this team under Gruden has shown the ability to sustain success.
This is why I think Tenessee's offense will move the ball at the very least a bit more than the Jags did against us. And I'm not sure our offense can give us enough to overcome that against their D.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk