Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Jets fly-by the Skins Postgame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-17-2019, 05:57 PM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Jets fly-by the Skins Postgame Thread

Almost 2 hours after the game is over and no postgame thread? Apathy must be at an all-time high with this franchise.

Things to like:

My goals for the game were to score a touchdown, and see some positive action out of Guice/Haskins/Terry.

All delivered, even though it all happened after the game was well out of hand. Maybe next week we can shoot for a competitive game.

Haskins made some plays, (again, all after the game was well out of hand) and the big glaring mistake was the pick but other than that I felt the L was on the offense as a whole instead of one guy.

The thing I'd like to see Haskins do next week is make the read and get the ball out quicker. He still has a long way to go, in terms of pre-snap diagnosis, interpreting the blitz correctly, making a quick read and getting the ball out quicker but hopefully that will come in time. Until then expect teams to challenge him like Gregggg did today.

Not to make excuses but he's also working with a lot of raw talent at wide receiver, no talent at TE, and an offensive line that looks terrible right now (which is why he was yelling at them in the game today). In the majority of cases it's up to the other 10 guys to make a qb look good.

No need to say words about the defense, they're all trash, coaches included, and I think our best bet is hoping a new coach next year will know how to teach them and how to use them. It's time for some old heads to find new homes too.

Glad team MVP Tress Way was ok, I got scared when that defender fell into his leg.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:05 PM   #2
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Jets fly-by the Skins Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Almost 2 hours after the game is over and no postgame thread? Apathy must be at an all-time high with this franchise.

Things to like:

My goals for the game were to score a touchdown, and see some positive action out of Guice/Haskins/Terry.

All delivered, even though it all happened after the game was well out of hand. Maybe next week we can shoot for a competitive game.

Haskins made some plays, (again, all after the game was well out of hand) and the big glaring mistake was the pick but other than that I felt the L was on the offense as a whole instead of one guy.

The thing I'd like to see Haskins do next week is make the read and get the ball out quicker. He still has a long way to go, in terms of pre-snap diagnosis, interpreting the blitz correctly, making a quick read and getting the ball out quicker but hopefully that will come in time. Until then expect teams to challenge him like Gregggg did today.

Not to make excuses but he's also working with a lot of raw talent at wide receiver, no talent at TE, and an offensive line that looks terrible right now (which is why he was yelling at them in the game today). In the majority of cases it's up to the other 10 guys to make a qb look good.

No need to say words about the defense, they're all trash, coaches included, and I think our best bet is hoping a new coach next year will know how to teach them and how to use them. It's time for some old heads to find new homes too.

Glad team MVP Tress Way was ok, I got scared when that defender fell into his leg.
Haskins hasn't been in the league long enough to get the right to yell at his O-Line. That's the kind of shit that makes them sandbag him since the season is already lost. On one hand i tip my hat to him for having the balls to do that, but i also realize how stupid it is and it probably won't win him many fans amongst his team mates.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:08 PM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Haskins hasn't been in the league long enough to get the right to yell at his O-Line. That's the kind of shit that makes them sandbag him since the season is already lost. On one hand i tip my hat to him for having the balls to do that, but i also realize how stupid it is and it probably won't win him many fans amongst his team mates.
I didn't know you have to be in the league long enough to earn the right to call out your teammates in private. You can put some of the blame on Haskins, but everyone else is playing like shit too. And honestly since they played somewhat better afterward I don't think it was a bad call.

Also was it just me or did I hear a faint "sell the team" chant going in the 4th quarter? It was hard to hear but it definitely sounded like it.

Edit: I knew it!

https://twitter.com/jimbrady/status/1196145088612704256
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:56 PM   #4
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I didn't know you have to be in the league long enough to earn the right to call out your teammates in private. You can put some of the blame on Haskins, but everyone else is playing like shit too. And honestly since they played somewhat better afterward I don't think it was a bad call.

Also was it just me or did I hear a faint "sell the team" chant going in the 4th quarter? It was hard to hear but it definitely sounded like it.

Edit: I knew it!

https://twitter.com/jimbrady/status/1196145088612704256
I have some Bose speakers mounted on my walls and I clearly picked it up and it was pretty loud. No question Snyder and his bitch heard it.
skinsfan69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:43 PM   #5
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:

It doesn’t seem like he was yelling at them, he sounded desperate and less like he was angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:05 PM   #6
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Positives:

Guice
McLaurin
Score 2 TD’s (sad, but true to get excited about this)

After Haskins threw his int. He came back, played better and threw 2 TD’s. I’ll give him till the end of the season before I call him a total bust.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:40 AM   #7
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Positives:

Guice
McLaurin
Score 2 TD’s (sad, but true to get excited about this)

After Haskins threw his int. He came back, played better and threw 2 TD’s. I’ll give him till the end of the season before I call him a total bust.
IDK how you evaluate Haskins cause all his yards came when the score was 34-3. Also one TD Guice did all the work.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:17 PM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Naw fuck that noise, he has every right to get fired up and be a fucking leader. Fuck that Oline
Old 11-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #9
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Naw fuck that noise, he has every right to get fired up and be a fucking leader. Fuck that Oline
This is laughable.

Besides the bad snaps, we don't have a clue how they played as a unit.

Remember how the oline was going to get Robert killed because they were so terrible?

Polumbus and Chester left here and both started in super bowls.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by DYoungJelly; 11-18-2019 at 05:24 AM.
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:34 PM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Leave Harmon and Terry on the field together the rest of the year. Put Quinn sorry ass on the bench and replace him with P Rich.

Guice needs to play over AP.

This defense effort was terrible all day.

I don’t think Haskins was terrible but the coaching was...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:43 PM   #11
jamf
Pro Bowl

This coaching staff is incompetent. Hard to fault any players for their poor performance.
Kevin O’Connell doesn’t add any creativity or skill to this Offense.
Manusky is Manusky. Jets are worst in the NFL in 3&outs, today they only had one. No injuries on D yet they are so bad.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:41 PM   #12
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
This coaching staff is incompetent. Hard to fault any players for their poor performance.
Kevin O’Connell doesn’t add any creativity or skill to this Offense.
Manusky is Manusky. Jets are worst in the NFL in 3&outs, today they only had one. No injuries on D yet they are so bad.
This.
Don't tell me this Defense is not better than what they're displaying now...

This team manages to disappoint me even when I'm not expecting anything...

McLaurin is the kind of playmaker we haven't had in a long time.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:35 AM   #13
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
This.
Don't tell me this Defense is not better than what they're displaying now...

This team manages to disappoint me even when I'm not expecting anything...

McLaurin is the kind of playmaker we haven't had in a long time.
IDK, Moreau flat out sucks. So does Norman. Neither should be on the field anymore.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #14
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I would suspect that it's hard for these guys to get up to play a game at home when the stadium is always filled with the other teams fans. They're professionals but when your home stadium is cheering for the other team, plus you suck anyways, plus your coaching is the worst in the league, it's not going to turn out well. We don't have any leadership. The Jets suck but those guys on their defense were playing hard. Our defense played like they didn't care, that's coaching. Gregg Williams demands respect and motivates, Manusky doesn't and can't.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:13 PM   #15
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

The 1st half was the most embarrassing fucking display of football I've ever seen out of this team. And that is a mighty tall mountain to climb to get to the top. The 3rd quarter sucked too, but I left the bar and went home at halftime and didn't watch. This is what Dan has built. What a piece of shit human and owner.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote