Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I met Patrick Ramsey

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-24-2004, 09:41 AM   #1
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

I met Patrick Ramsey

Last Wednesday I went to Dulles International Airport in Northern Virginia and I was waiting in line to buy a cup of coffee when I saw an amazing sight. Walking towards me was Patrick Ramsey and his wife Virginia. I couldn’t believe it, I thought I was in a dream and the only words I was able to muster were, “You can’t leave D.C.”

Ramsey looked at me, chuckled a bit, gave me a nod, and continued walking towards his gate. Ginny, Ramsey’s wife, looked at me, laughed, and kept walking next to her husband.

After the brief encounter I thought to myself, Jesus that’s Patrick Ramsey and I’m Ramseyfan and I didn’t even get a chance to shake his hand.
After I got my coffee (I didn’t leave the line because I didn’t know whether I should stalk him), I decided to go over and introduce myself to my favorite Redskin.

I saw him sitting with his wife at the gate. I said, “I’m sorry to bother you, but I had to introduce myself. I also just want to say that I really think that you are one of the best quarterbacks in the league and that I have no doubt that you will become a legend. I just hope that you aren’t going to leave D.C. I would be absolutely crushed if you did.”

Ramsey then looked at me and said, “I don’t want to leave D.C., I really do want to stay here.”

I then replied, “You can’t leave, Jansen is here and he’s your best friend.” Ramsey’s wife then laughed and I noticed that Ramsey was actually blushing! He then asked me if I was headed to Atlanta (where he was headed), and I said no. He asked where I was going and I could not remember. I looked at the ground, then I looked at my girlfriend for some help. My girlfriend then said, Monterey, California to which I replied, “yeah California.” Ramsey said, “ohh that’s cool, we’re going on vacation.”

I then told Ramsey that my screen name on thewarpath.net (yes I told him about the site) is “Ramseyfan.” He grinned and said, I’ll have to check the site out.

My girlfriend then asked if she could take a picture of the two of us and he said, “sure.” Ramsey then got up, put his arm around me and my girlfriend took the picture.

I never realized how big he was until he stood up. I’m 5’10” and he looked massive (I expected someone a little shorter and a little scrawnier).

I then shook his hand, begged him to stay, and I mentioned that my girlfriend’s name is Jennifer but her family (who are from Louisiana) call her Ginny as well. He said that was cool, I met his girlfriend and we said our goodbyes.

I’ll be sure to post the picture of me and Ramsey as soon as I can.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-24-2004, 10:06 AM   #2
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Ramsey, is seriously one of the nicest professional athlete's i have ever come in contact with. I mean granted, I only " met " him at training camp, but he was still nice enough to offer a few words to me and everyone, each day I was there. I have no doubt that he will be in DC next year and years to come, and I seriously think he has a shot of being our starter on opening day next year. Thanks for the story, Ramseyfan.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 10:23 AM   #3
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

He was definately VERY nice. He seemed to be a Southern gentleman with a strong sense of interpersonal skills. He didn't seem arrogant or pretentious in the slightest bit.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 10:38 AM   #4
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I'm envious, Ramseyfan. It also makes me think most of this crapola about him being traded etc. is bluster (mainly on Sexton's part) to try to force managments hand in the contract dept.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:13 AM   #5
Teemotay
Camp Scrub

Jimmy Sexton is an A$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse
I'm envious, Ramseyfan. It also makes me think most of this crapola about him being traded etc. is bluster (mainly on Sexton's part) to try to force managments hand in the contract dept.
I agree that most, if not all of the talk about Ramsey wanting out is coming straight out of Sexton's mouth. He screwed up BIG TIME when he "negotiated" Ramsey's original contract (hence Ramsey's neither making big bucks, nor is he hitting our Salary Cap too hard). Sure, when the only "competition" for QB here in DC were the likes of Danny Woeful and Rob "I've got another concussion" Johnson, a contract filled with incentives based on playing time seemed to work in Ramsey's favor. Now that there's a good veteran QB in the mix, both Sexton & Ramsey see how poorly negotiated that contract really was. Ramsey is certainly tough, and has a great arm, but having the likes of Brunnell to work with him will only help Ramsey to grow into the stud that he has the potential to be. And I guarantee you this......if Gibbs sees Ramsey as the better QB, he'd just as soon have the highest paid clipboard holder if it means another chance at a ring.
Teemotay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 11:27 AM   #6
Bozzy
The Starter

That's awesome, man!

but what if he tried to access while it was down? :/

Last edited by Bozzy; 02-24-2004 at 12:55 PM.
Bozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:28 PM   #7
celts32
Playmaker

Great story Ramseyfan.
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:53 PM   #8
Spearhead
Camp Scrub

cool thx ramseyfan

His agent is a bit of a loud-mouth, but i never attributed that to Ramsey.
I personally like Gibbs stance on this issue. Yeah, I'm sure you're frustrated Pat, and maybe your agent wants a trade, but after the "open competition" sit back this year, watch Brunell and Portis lead us back to respectability, maybe a playoff spot, then move in as the starter next season with a year of mentoring under your belt.

Hope he can be patient, b/c it sounds like Gibbs really does believe that Ramsey is our future.
Spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:10 PM   #9
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Great encounter Ramseyfan, I'm really happy for you. I'm sure he knows how the fans here feel. He's our future and it just got brighter for him with Coach Gibbs being in control.

Most, if not all, of this trade talk is generated by agents and reporters trying to make something newsworthy during a quiet time for the NFL.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:27 PM   #10
MTK
\m/

Cool story, thanks for sharing. Be sure to give us a look at that picture when you get it!

Pat is the man, I'm sure we'll all be pulling for him to win the job this summer!
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 04:41 PM   #11
Mexskins
Camp Scrub

Wow, Great Experience!!!!!!

I hope he stays and beat Brunnel for the starting spot on training camp.

Hail from Mexico!!!!
Mexskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:44 PM   #12
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Patrick and Smoot seemed like the two nicest guys during training camp. Although about 1/3rd of what came out of smoots mouth I couldn't understand because he talked too fast, but he was nice nonetheless.

Yeah, Ramsey looks so small on TV, but he's huge when you actually see him. Was he on crutches or is he off of em now?
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:46 PM   #13
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

The Nicest guy at training camp was BYYYYY FAR Gibran Hamden. I mean holy sh*t, the guy proboly spent more time signing autographs than he did at practice. I seriously think if I asked him to come get somthing to eat and talk about the skins he would have , lol. Ramsey and Smoot were great though
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:05 PM   #14
azskinsfan2
Special Teams

Ramseyfan I really envy you!! I'd give my left, well maybe not. But I'd love to meet any Skin (being in AZ it probably will never happen). My dream is to meet Sonny J. He's the reason I'm a Skins fan in the first place!! Get us the picture as soon as you can. I sure as hell hope we keep Patrick this year and under Joe's leadership he'll be the next Redskin Super Bowl QB!!!!!!!!

P.S. Can I get your autograph Ramseyfan??????
azskinsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:43 PM   #15
drew54
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexskins
Wow, Great Experience!!!!!!

I hope he stays and beat Brunnel for the starting spot on training camp.

Hail from Mexico!!!!
AMEN to him whopping the snot out of Marky Mark
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote