Who will make the cut?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #46
GusFrerotte

Re: Who will make the cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
No way Collins gets cut.

Yeah Collins is our insurance policy, but I think the future is with Colt or Chase. I no longer think JC is our future just in the attitutde the FO took with him in the off season. One statistically bad game doesn't mean he sucks, but he(JC) really hasn't shown me he is going to take his game to the next level.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-23-2009, 05:53 PM   #47
09AFTacoma
Camp Scrub

I got no issues with Davis.. but you can't tell me you wouldnt be happy with Cooley and Witten..

Seeing as Davis is the 3TE

USAF 2T2X1; POPE AFB, NC

Check out my Truck @ www.Tacomaworld.com
Colt McCoy in 2010!!!
09AFTacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #48
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Umm....welcome to the board
Haha..no sh*t.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #49
12thMan
MVP

I'll say what I said in another thread, Jason Campbell needs to have either a Pro Bowl year or the Skins need go 11-5/12-4 for him to be around next year.

If this team misses the playoffs, I think he's out and possibly Zorn too.

That being said, I think Campbell can start out hot this year. He has some nice talent in the stable at wideout and maybe a double threat at TE. I'd like to see him throw for 300 yds. and 3 touches in the opener. Talk about a confidence booster!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #50
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'll say what I said in another thread, Jason Campbell needs to have either a Pro Bowl year or the Skins need go 11-5/12-4 for him to be around next year.

If this team misses the playoffs, I think he's out and possibly Zorn too.

That being said, I think Campbell can start out hot this year. He has some nice talent in the stable at wideout and maybe a double threat at TE. I'd like to see him throw for 300 yds. and 3 touches in the opener. Talk about a confidence booster!
I kinda feel the same way. Also did we even use any two TE sets last night? I hope Zorn is keeping it very vanilla for a reason and will come out blasting other teams with pachages other teams have not seen from the Skins yet; 2TE sets, 4WR sets, Portis and Dorsey in the backfield, a package with a little speed on the field; Moss, Thomas, Dorsey, and throw Mitchell in the mix for fun.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #51
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Colt 7-17 85 yds and 2 ints
Collins 13-20 109 yds and a a pick.
So far in preseason.
If this was a comp for the 2 spot i guess you could say its slightly tilted towards TC.
Both threw their first pick when the wr wasnt looking for the ball. CB had a bad throw trying to force a play on 3rd down in the redzone. But other than that both have put together nice drives. Zorn said the protection failed Colt in the 1st game so i think he kindof let CB slide in that one and thats probably the reason Chase never saw the field in that game also. Didnt want to ruin his confidence vs a defense whos backups were clearly whipping our guys up front most of the 2nd half. Chase had a good game but i think he still has a ways to go before we put CB on the PS. Which we all know he would go somewhere else if that happened. IMO if CB was cut he would end up in Seattle or SF maybe. SF needs a QB because neither of their starters are doing much and Seattle is a place where he could go and learn from Matt Hasselback and see how it goes when he calls it quits on his career in the next few yrs..Just my 2.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #52
backrow
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'll eat some crow, all the RB's looked good. However I still like Mason and felt he had a good showing again last night even if it was against 2nd stringers. He makes good decisions and actually ran over some people last night.

Colt or Chase, Chase or Colt. I like both. Chase made two good drives down the field. Quick reads quick release. Decisive. Colt had a good drive going eating up the clock. The only thing ya have to keep in mind is Colt is very (very) similar to Bret Favre. He throws sideways, he takes chances with the ball, and will more then likely have more interceptions. Colt has a little more going for him cause he understands the play book better most likely but Chase looked better. My choice, I'd get rid of Collins and majorly coach up the two young guys.

The interception on Collins was Thomas's fault. He needs to always be looking for the ball.

Bye bye Hackett, Hagens and Shelton. Mitchell looks to be the real deal and adds the hight we need. He'll be gone if put on the PS. Eloi, Eloi, Eloi, I like him but he's killing me right now. He's definitly not a KR or it was our blocking that sucked or both. Because of this I would make Mitchell the #5 and put Eloi on the PS to either get better or until someone better comes along.

Tryon= gone. Westbrook actually impressed me last night otherwise I would say...gone. Barnes I hope shows better in the next two games otherwise he's either PS or gone.

My list:
QB: JC, Brennan, Daniels.
RB: Portis, Mason, Dorsey. Personal feeling included. between Mason or Dorsey....Dorsey. we need a speed back plus he looked awsome.
WR: Moss, Kelly, ARE, Thomas, Mitchell, Eloi-PS.
TE: Cooley, Davis, Agnone.
CB: Hall, Rogers, Smoot, Horton, ???? As good as Westbrook looked maybe keep and put Barnes on PS.

Just a few of my picks so far. Batiste looked horrible. Let him go and keep it Heyer, Bridges and Williams.
Quickly, out of the gate: Welcome new AF guy!

SB, I agree with you on Todd Collins, but what about Betts and Cartwright?

Marko does appear to be a stud, but I'd pass on Eloi!
Old 08-23-2009, 10:07 PM   #53
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I still hope that Colt makes the team, and I think that Dorsey is better than Rock Cartwright. Randel El could get the ax aswell. Marko Mitchell should make the team.
what?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #54
redskinjim
Special Teams

Quote:
No way Collins gets cut.
todd can play he still looks good lets give him a shot
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #55
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Not necessarily a bad thing but we're probably going to lose 2-3 players in which we really wish that we could've held onto.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #56
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Not necessarily a bad thing but we're probably going to lose 2-3 players in which we really wish that we could've held onto.
Yeah you've got a good roster when you have to cut good players but I still hate it. I'd like to see the roster increased to 58 players myself.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #57
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'll eat some crow, all the RB's looked good. However I still like Mason and felt he had a good showing again last night even if it was against 2nd stringers. He makes good decisions and actually ran over some people last night.

Colt or Chase, Chase or Colt. I like both. Chase made two good drives down the field. Quick reads quick release. Decisive. Colt had a good drive going eating up the clock. The only thing ya have to keep in mind is Colt is very (very) similar to Bret Favre. He throws sideways, he takes chances with the ball, and will more then likely have more interceptions. Colt has a little more going for him cause he understands the play book better most likely but Chase looked better. My choice, I'd get rid of Collins and majorly coach up the two young guys.

The interception on Collins was Thomas's fault. He needs to always be looking for the ball.

Bye bye Hackett, Hagens and Shelton. Mitchell looks to be the real deal and adds the hight we need. He'll be gone if put on the PS. Eloi, Eloi, Eloi, I like him but he's killing me right now. He's definitly not a KR or it was our blocking that sucked or both. Because of this I would make Mitchell the #5 and put Eloi on the PS to either get better or until someone better comes along.

Tryon= gone. Westbrook actually impressed me last night otherwise I would say...gone. Barnes I hope shows better in the next two games otherwise he's either PS or gone.

My list:
QB: JC, Brennan, Daniels.
RB: Portis, Mason, Dorsey. Personal feeling included. between Mason or Dorsey....Dorsey. we need a speed back plus he looked awsome.
WR: Moss, Kelly, ARE, Thomas, Mitchell, Eloi-PS.
TE: Cooley, Davis, Agnone.
CB: Hall, Rogers, Smoot, Horton, ???? As good as Westbrook looked maybe keep and put Barnes on PS.

Just a few of my picks so far. Batiste looked horrible. Let him go and keep it Heyer, Bridges and Williams.
no way are we ridding ourselves of betts AND cartwright
Old 08-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #58
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
Campbell Goes, Collins falls to the 3 Spot, Brennan and Daniels battle it out for that starting Jobs the last 2 Pre-Season Game!!.. We should Trade Campbell and a Draft pick to Dallas for Witten, and Run the Best Dual TE team ever
hey man, welcome to TWP, where the intelligent poster goes...
Old 08-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #59
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
puff and pass dude, puff and pass
you must be an old-timer bro

it's 2-3 puffs then a pass now, usually 2

the weed is better nowadays too

Old 08-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #60
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Yeah you've got a good roster when you have to cut good players but I still hate it. I'd like to see the roster increased to 58 players myself.
Well I'd be happy without the inactive player rule but a slightly increased roster wouldn't hurt either; does anybody know how long our current roster and inactive player rules have been in effect?