Around the NFL Week 14

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-11-2018, 08:08 AM   #121
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
It could be worse. We could be stuck with Cousins 90mil guaranteed contract.
Yeah after seeing him play this year against good teams (0-5) I'm not really missing Kirk anymore. That guy just can't win the big games

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2018, 08:46 AM   #122
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
As for last night? Look no further than that absolute JOKE of a ruling on the friggin opening kickoff, man. No clear recovery? Lolllllll riiiigghhhhtttt just 5 eagles players one of which emerges with the fucking ball. It's laughable man and your blue tinted glasses fog more than your vision, it's your judgement of fair competition as well.
Wow. Really!?!?!
You are saying the first 6 seconds of the game decided the outcome? What about the remaining 59 minutes and 54 seconds? That missed call is what decided the game right then and there?

If you are so convinced that the league is 'rigged against' the Redskins, why do you even watch? It is obviously rigged by your account. Redskins will never 'be allowed' to compete for a championship? Right?

So why watch? Why engage on this forum? Why not just stick to Madden where the obvious conspiracy against the Redskins cannot reach?

Did you watch Vikes@Seahawks last night? What about that obvious no call on Wagners blocked field goal? Clearly there is a conspiracy for such an obvious no call. Right?

All you have brought forward is conjecture. Still no proof.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:12 AM   #123
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Wow. Really!?!?!
You are saying the first 6 seconds of the game decided the outcome? What about the remaining 59 minutes and 54 seconds? That missed call is what decided the game right then and there?

If you are so convinced that the league is 'rigged against' the Redskins, why do you even watch? It is obviously rigged by your account. Redskins will never 'be allowed' to compete for a championship? Right?

So why watch? Why engage on this forum? Why not just stick to Madden where the obvious conspiracy against the Redskins cannot reach?

Did you watch Vikes@Seahawks last night? What about that obvious no call on Wagners blocked field goal? Clearly there is a conspiracy for such an obvious no call. Right?

All you have brought forward is conjecture. Still no proof.
While I prefer you just go away, I think the point isn't that it's rigged against the Redskins, as much as the NFL is possibly influencing outcomes so that divisions, and hence and of season ratings, are more competitive. And specifically for Dallas, the NFL always prefers that they are a competitive team because you have a sway on ratings. I think the centralized review and call procedures have added to that appearance, and any time one team starts getting clear non-calls/favorable calls the questions are going to be asked.

Like has been pointed out, starting with the Boys win over the Skins there have been several non-called egregious helmet to helmet hits, and the "no clear recovery" ruling was a joke.

A similar one in the Seattle game is as you mentioned the picked up flag against Seattle for jumping over the line. Basically the point being if you want to know who the NFL wants in the playoffs from a ratings perspective, look at how the egregious calls have gone, and I am betting you will see a trend.

-written with tinfoil hat on.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:17 AM   #124
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
While I prefer you just go away, I think the point isn't that it's rigged against the Redskins, as much as the NFL is possibly influencing outcomes so that divisions, and hence and of season ratings, are more competitive. And specifically for Dallas, the NFL always prefers that they are a competitive team because you have a sway on ratings. I think the centralized review and call procedures have added to that appearance, and any time one team starts getting clear non-calls/favorable calls the questions are going to be asked.

Like has been pointed out, starting with the Boys win over the Skins there have been several non-called egregious helmet to helmet hits, and the "no clear recovery" ruling was a joke.

A similar one in the Seattle game is as you mentioned the picked up flag against Seattle for jumping over the line. Basically the point being if you want to know who the NFL wants in the playoffs from a ratings perspective, look at how the egregious calls have gone, and I am betting you will see a trend.

-written with tinfoil hat on.

Did the NFL want a Colt Mccoy led Redskins team with no "Star" appeal at all on offense and barely any on defense in the playoffs??? Yeah right lol, don't tell me ratings don't influence calls. Dallas is a MEDIA DARLING and also "Americas Team" They get better calls than anyone, its clear as day and only Cowboys fans will say otherwise.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #125
MTK
\m/

Sorry calls aren't rigged. This conversation is dumb.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:33 AM   #126
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Did the NFL want a Colt Mccoy led Redskins team with no "Star" appeal at all on offense and barely any on defense in the playoffs??? Yeah right lol, don't tell me ratings don't influence calls. Dallas is a MEDIA DARLING and also "Americas Team" They get better calls than anyone, its clear as day and only Cowboys fans will say otherwise.
-still with tinfoil hat.

So the NFL has pretty much set the NFC line up now. 1-5 are likely set, and I believe you will see calls even out so that the nfl can make the claim that every team had egregious calls. Might see the Eagles get some calls their way to get them in at the 6th seed, good for business to have the SB champs in.

And the only real drama in the AFC looks like the Ravens/Steelers and the NFL has had it's share of questionable calls to keep that division close.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:35 AM   #127
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Sorry calls aren't rigged. This conversation is dumb.
I think the point of the conversation is that it's a lot more questionable this year, with the new york booth influencing so many calls, and so many clearly bad calls being called out by teams/players/on air previous refs . I know it's very likely not rigged, but it's a lot more shady than in the past.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:41 AM   #128
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
the NFL is possibly influencing outcomes so that divisions, and hence and of season ratings, are more competitive. And specifically for Dallas, the NFL always prefers that they are a competitive team because you have a sway on ratings.
Think. Really think about what is said here. Do you understand or grasp the depth or complexity of what you are saying? Is there like a secret underground meeting in the off-season that the NFL evaluates fan revenue, TV ratings and attendance and then tells all officials which teams to 'look the other way' on? Because that sounds precisely what you are saying.

Do you comprehend the sheer number of people that would have to be involved to bring any validity to this speculation? Not one 'leaked email'. Not one TMZ exclusive?

Theres a handful here that speculate that the officials 'favor' Dallas. But in each game you guys mention as an example, Dallas is assessed MORE penalties and penalty yards in each of those games. That does make since and only add to contradict your claims.

Again I ask the question. If the winners are 'predetermined by the league in advance of the game'. Why do you watch?
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #129
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I think the point of the conversation is that it's a lot more questionable this year, with the new york booth influencing so many calls, and so many clearly bad calls being called out by teams/players/on air previous refs . I know it's very likely not rigged, but it's a lot more shady than in the past.
People have short memories, every year is always "the worst".
Old 12-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #130
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Back to last nights game, The Seahawks are starting to look pretty damn scary on Defense again. It looks like a lock they will be playing Dallas in RD1. That will be a good defensive battle.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #131
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Think. Really think about what is said here. Do you understand or grasp the depth or complexity of what you are saying? Is there like a secret underground meeting in the off-season that the NFL evaluates fan revenue, TV ratings and attendance and then tells all officials which teams to 'look the other way' on? Because that sounds precisely what you are saying.

Do you comprehend the sheer number of people that would have to be involved to bring any validity to this speculation? Not one 'leaked email'. Not one TMZ exclusive?

Theres a handful here that speculate that the officials 'favor' Dallas. But in each game you guys mention as an example, Dallas is assessed MORE penalties and penalty yards in each of those games. That does make since and only add to contradict your claims.

Again I ask the question. If the winners are 'predetermined by the league in advance of the game'. Why do you watch?
It's really not as complex as you are saying, because it's not predetermined per se but having a few well timed calls/no calls. And since the people in the booth in new york are now centralized the possibility is more realistic.

That said, I noted all these things with my tinfoil hat on, because it's not really likely but at this time of year with a season in shambles and a cowboys fan coming on here spewing cowboys propaganda, its as good a yarn as any.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:09 PM   #132
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:

I don't think the NFL is rigged but to sit here and vehemently disagree with the slightest CHANCE that it might be seems a bit asinine. Especially when we all know, and have seen, how corrupt the NFL as an organization can be at times.

We've seen the NBA with Tim Donaghy and MLB with Pete Rose get manipulated at some level. To think the NFL is beyond this type of meddling is close-minded.

Again, NOT saying it's true. But it definitely is a possibility.

With all that being said, and as hard as it is to admit, the Cowboys are Red-Hot right now. I don't think NFL officiating has anything to do with their wins, they're simply playing good football.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:10 PM   #133
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Viks fire John DeFilippo
Old 12-11-2018, 12:12 PM   #134
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Back to last nights game, The Seahawks are starting to look pretty damn scary on Defense again. It looks like a lock they will be playing Dallas in RD1. That will be a good defensive battle.
Im impressed with P. Carroll man. I thought with the team sort of breaking up over the past couple years they'd be in a worse situation. He's got these YOUNG guys playing hard and winning games.

Of course it doesn't hurt to have Russell Wilson as your QB1 either.

Just another good organization with solid leadership finding ways to win. I'm jealous.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #135
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Viks fire John DeFilippo
At least one team is upset enough about the direction of its franchise to make a statement.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote