Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Giants Pre Game dumpster fire thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-15-2020, 04:31 PM   #61
MTK
\m/

Re: Giants Pre Game dumpster fire thread

I know that was a tough situation on Sunday but man, he was awful. 9 of 17 for 37 yards? If his comeback wasn't so amazing everyone would be killing him over how putrid he was.

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2020, 04:34 PM   #62
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I know that was a tough situation on Sunday but man, he was awful. 9 of 17 for 37 yards? If his comeback wasn't so amazing everyone would be killing him over how putrid he was.
Yeah man, 9 completions for 37 fucking yards.... That's as bad as it gets.

I like him a lot, he's clearly a man of steel but he's done and needs to just sit this one out now.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:33 PM   #63
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Charles and Scherff coming to the offensive line's rescue this week. Both practicing and should play.
Scherff back at RG, slide Schweitzer to LG ?

Don't know if Charles is NFL ready after basically no TC for him.

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 10-16-2020 at 07:20 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:39 AM   #64
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Scherff back at RG, slide Schweitzer to RG ?

Don't know if Charles is NFL ready after basically no TC for him.
I assume you mean slide Schweitzer to LG. If so, I agree. Schweitzer has surprised me with his skill and toughness and he has earned a starting job, IMO.

Ready or not, I want to see Charles play. Let's see what he can do. What I saw of his play in college excited me. He is athletic and physical and I just think he and Schweitzer playing together might give the left side the energy it needs.

An OL of Charles, Schweitzer, Roullier, Sherff, and Moses just might get our running game going which would be a huge benefit to our offense and our team.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:47 AM   #65
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If I'm Ron, I'm shopping RK before the deadline. There was some chatter from JP Finlay that a couple teams were interested. Haskins seems checked out so I'd trade him for a 5th or 6th and move on with it.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:49 AM   #66
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I assume you mean slide Schweitzer to LG. If so, I agree. Schweitzer has surprised me with his skill and toughness and he has earned a starting job, IMO.

Ready or not, I want to see Charles play. Let's see what he can do. What I saw of his play in college excited me. He is athletic and physical and I just think he and Schweitzer playing together might give the left side the energy it needs.

An OL of Charles, Schweitzer, Roullier, Sherff, and Moses just might get our running game going which would be a huge benefit to our offense and our team.
Yop, typo !
Schweitzer really is the completely unexpected nice surprise this year !

Well I sure hope you're right about Charles, but his hand technique looked ishy to me... heck you know what, it's not like we're competing for anything, I say let him have the reps ^^
Old 10-16-2020, 07:56 AM   #67
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
If I'm Ron, I'm shopping RK before the deadline. There was some chatter from JP Finlay that a couple teams were interested. Haskins seems checked out so I'd trade him for a 5th or 6th and move on with it.
I’m shopping RK, Ryan Anderson, Brandon Schreff, Haskins And Alex Smith.

I’m having a fire sale and getting rid of folks with high contract or contract up end of year

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:56 AM   #68
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I’m shopping RK, Ryan Anderson, Brandon Schreff, Haskins And Alex Smith.

I’m having a fire sale and getting rid of folks with high contract or contract up end of year
Yeah keep Allen as QB1 the rest of the way and Montez backs him up.. Go for the #1 pick
Old 10-16-2020, 08:08 AM   #69
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...sorry-yourself

On Thursday, McLaurin spoke with local media for the first time since Haskins' benching. The second-year wide receiver said he plans to do whatever he can to help Haskins, but stressed the quarterback "can't feel sorry" for himself moving forward.

"I think it's easy when you get knocked down in life to sulk or feel bad for ourselves," McLaurin said. "Oftentimes, the only way you get through something is you attack it head-on. You've got to be honest with yourself. You have to ask yourself what you can do better and attack it from there."

McLaurin stressed that the NFL is a 'What have you done for me lately?' league and that there are no handouts at the highest level of the sport. Just because Haskins was a first-round pick and a highly-touted prospect means very little anymore.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:30 AM   #70
irish
Playmaker

Quote:

On Thursday, McLaurin spoke with local media for the first time since Haskins' benching. The second-year wide receiver said he plans to do whatever he can to help Haskins, but stressed the quarterback "can't feel sorry" for himself moving forward.

"I think it's easy when you get knocked down in life to sulk or feel bad for ourselves," McLaurin said. "Oftentimes, the only way you get through something is you attack it head-on. You've got to be honest with yourself. You have to ask yourself what you can do better and attack it from there."

McLaurin stressed that the NFL is a 'What have you done for me lately?' league and that there are no handouts at the highest level of the sport. Just because Haskins was a first-round pick and a highly-touted prospect means very little anymore.
Good post. I also think that DH has never been knocked down and now that he has been he doesn't know how to handle it.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:31 AM   #71
MTK
\m/

Poor guy has a tummy ache
Old 10-16-2020, 09:30 AM   #72
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Poor guy has a tummy ache
Yeah what a coincidence to have it the week he got benched lmao
Old 10-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #73
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Looking at the schedule, if we lose to NY Sunday, I'd say 3-13 is almost a lock.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:38 AM   #74
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

McLaurin's got counting the days where he can go somewhere else and play w/ a real good QB. Can you imagine what that kid would be doing w/ Green Bay or KC? But you can just tell how much of a pro he is, how mature he is. Then you have DH who just acts like a fucking baby w/ his week old stomach ache and his social media bullcrap. If his stomach is in that bad of shape then go to the hospital.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:43 AM   #75
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
McLaurin's got counting the days where he can go somewhere else and play w/ a real good QB. Can you imagine what that kid would be doing w/ Green Bay or KC? But you can just tell how much of a pro he is, how mature he is. Then you have DH who just acts like a fucking baby w/ his week old stomach ache and his social media bullcrap. If his stomach is in that bad of shape then go to the hospital.
And when he leaves, then we can trash him like other talented guys who have left here ala Cousins, Trent, and even Dunbar.

I like Jon Allen, gotta feeling he will not want to put up with this bullshit much longer. He’s a quality, talented player

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote